Step 2CS December 2019 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgarvels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on December 11th? 13 weeks is just way too long.

Members don't see this ad.

Got it, perhaps! Well, from the way too extensive research I have done on this, it seems as nowadays the only certain way is FSMB at 1 am EST Wednesday. All these rumors just create waaaay too much anxiety! I am just going to make a nice drink at 11 pm tomorrow and then await the big reveal

Same here! At least the alcohol will be present for either celebration or wallowing.

Reactions: 1 user
Same here! At least the alcohol will be present for either celebration or wallowing.

Precisely! It represents the warm, comforting hand to hold: both to celebrate and to mourn.

‘I could not live without Champagne. In victory I deserve it. In defeat I need it.’ Winston Churchill, 1946

Damn, my permit is still there (took Sept). So I will have to wait another week? I hope I didn't fail.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, my permit is still there (took Sept). So I will have to wait another week? I hope I didn't fail.....

Don’t worry. Whether the permit is there or not seems to be highly variable depending on a number of factors (AMG vs IMG, whether you have taken Step 1+2CK already, etc), but certainly does not seem to be related to passing or failing at least. Also, rather annoyingly, people seem to have different definitions of what constitutes the presence or absence of permits, which further confuses everyone.

I echo what Englander said. I am using the permit disappearing as an indication that at least scores will be released this Wednesday, not like the debacle that happened for the Oct 2019 release date where they were delayed by a week.

Reactions: 2 users
Joining this thread, and am very convinced that I failed it’s nice to know other people are also hating the anticipation of this exam
I felt the same way when I took mine in May I was convinced I had failed and to my surprise I passed.
Now I'm waiting for my husband's result tomorrow for which he feels that he failed aswell. This exam is really subjective and we all feel as we failed getting out.

Good luck tomorrow and positive vibes.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm an AMG and my permit is still up. I took it September 14th. Could this mean I failed. Sorry feeling so anxious about this.

I feel like the wait for these results is like some kind of psychological experiment on how infectious and insidious anxiety can be. Many of us are exam veterans and many of us have been through, objectively speaking, way more ’stressful’ events (like literally war and stuff).

However, there is just something that makes this wait worse. I don’t know what it is. This is despite knowing that the pass rate is higher than most other exams. This is despite knowing that all of us mumbled at some point during the exam, forgot to write some BS in our note, and did one or many physical exams that define what it is to NOT be a smooth operator. Heck, I was literally sweating like a polar bear in the Sahara throughout the exam, to the point where it felt like my white coat was transluscent.

I think the comforting factor is that we all feel this way though. And whoever says they don’t, is lying.

Reactions: 4 users
Waiting for the result as well. Good luck everyone guys. I feel emotionally numb. Just out of any words. Last 11 hrs...

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend told me that there is a short cut from the FCVS that can tell the CS score earlier, 12:00-1:00 AM this midnight. Not sure if that works but I 'll try it out tonight.

FCVS--continue--education and certification, you can see a pass/fail on the step2 cs part.
Good luck!

My friend told me that there is a short cut from the FCVS that can tell the CS score earlier, 12:00-1:00 AM this midnight. Not sure if that works but I 'll try it out tonight.

FCVS--continue--education and certification, you can see a pass/fail on the step2 cs part.
Good luck!
Is this only if your score is being reported tomorrow? Exam was Sept 18 for me but my permit is still there so I don’t know what’s going on.

Is this only if your score is being reported tomorrow? Exam was Sept 18 for me but my permit is still there so I don’t know what’s going on.
I'm IMG , tool it n 9/28 and my permit gone about several days after the exam.
Sorry that I don't have more information about this.

Not in the slightest. There is no correlation!
THANK YOU. I’m a mess right now because I’ve been on about half of my interviews and all I can think is “what if all of this time and effort and money comes down to a huge waste because....”.

THANK YOU. I’m a mess right now because I’ve been on about half of my interviews and all I can think is “what if all of this time and effort and money comes down to a huge waste because....”.

I’m right there with you but we got this!

Reactions: 1 users

Same. I'm supposed to have both CK and CS scores come back tomorrow. I've been on some interviews at places that I love, and yet in the back of my mind there is the nagging worry that those interviews are the closest I will get to residency.

Reactions: 1 users
could it be that since they switched to computer grading in Oct and onwards, that those of us who took in September might have to wait longer? It seems there are lots of September ppl with permits still up.

Same. I'm supposed to have both CK and CS scores come back tomorrow. I've been on some interviews at places that I love, and yet in the back of my mind there is the nagging worry that those interviews are the closest I will get to residency.
I’ll be thinking about you. It has made it really hard for me to focus on the latest interviews because I just cant get the thought out of my head.

could it be that since they switched to computer grading in Oct and onwards, that those of us who took in September might have to wait longer? It seems there are lots of September ppl with permits still up.
Oh man, I didn’t know that about the switch to computer grading.

A reasonable theory, but impossible to say as there are also plenty of folks who took their exams in September and have had the permits disappear. 10 hours to go and we shall know...finally.

I feel particularly inept at achieving anything today because of this wait. Even managed to mess up my salad bowl order just now...I hope that is not a sign or something.

I would agree if all September examinees still had their permit but that’s not the case. Also the Computer grading started 50/50 last cycle. I don’t think you still having your permit means you won’t get your score tomorrow.

I would agree if all September examinees still had their permit but that’s not the case. Also the Computer grading started 50/50 last cycle. I don’t think you still having your permit means you won’t get your score tomorrow.
Idk, when it was still there after Step 1, I didn't get my score that week, and had to wait another week. However, perhaps it has something to do with me having just taken CK or some other variable. Idk

Idk, when it was still there after Step 1, I didn't get my score that week, and had to wait another week. However, perhaps it has something to do with me having just taken CK or some other variable. Idk

You may not get it tomorrow but again I’ve heard of people having their permits stay up and getting their scores. It’s just too variable.

You may not get it tomorrow but again I’ve heard of people having their permits stay up and getting their scores. It’s just too variable.
Ya hard to say for sure. I've done some searching and it seems that for AMGs the permit does diappear prior, but it's not as reliable for IMGs. I am an AMG. Hopefully I get it this week, but I'm resolved to waiting another week

Has anyone tried the step 3 trick? I’m an AMG and I tried to see if I could register for step 3 but it says I’m not eligible. I have previously heard from other forums that sometimes this allows people to see if they have passed early. I will say I’m like very certain I did not pass so if someone who is like more certain they passed/confident who is an AMG (not graduated) could check it might be more accurate

This used to work on the Monday of the week of the score release, but has since been patched (allegedly). The earliest possible indicator of passing/failing is FSMB at 1 am Wednesday.

For those of you with the permit still showing, when you click 'print permit' does it bring up like a totally normal permit? Mine does, and it makes me worry that I failed (ie. that I will still need the permit), as opposed to their being like an error message or something when I try to open it.

For those of you with the permit still showing, when you click 'print permit' does it bring up like a totally normal permit? Mine does, and it makes me worry that I failed (ie. that I will still need the permit), as opposed to their being like an error message or something when I try to open it.
That happens to me. AMG took end of Sept.

Thanks yall! I am also freaking out b/c I didn't give the SPs specific diagnoses for most cases while in the room, just like said I wanted to do X test to look at Y organ or that it could be an issue with your Y organ, etc. Or that we need to do A to rule out (scary diagnosis B). What do you guys think?

Thanks yall! I am also freaking out b/c I didn't give the SPs specific diagnoses for most cases while in the room, just like said I wanted to do X test to look at Y organ or that it could be an issue with your Y organ, etc. Or that we need to do A to rule out (scary diagnosis B). What do you guys think?

I would not worry. Different people messed up on different things. There are literally stories online of people accidentally touching the ’man organ’ of their patient whilst doing a cardio exam, yet still passing. I am pretty certain most of the things we really messed up on are things that we cannot even remember.

I just wish it was clear why people fail. I hate how vague the grading scheme is on this test.

Reactions: 5 users
I refuse to look on fsmb. I'm worried I won't do it right or they fixed it and I will make it worse by thinking I failed even earlier. I need the final answer in one go

I refuse to look on fsmb. I'm worried I won't do it right or they fixed it and I will make it worse by thinking I failed even earlier. I need the final answer in one go

It will say Fail if you actually failed. If it doesn't say anything then you're score isn't coming out this week unfortunately! There is no way I can wait until tomorrow morning.