Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys. I've been invited for an RCSI interview and I'd like to know what kind of questions they ask?
You just got an interview offer now?
does that mean that there are a second round of interviews from RCSI?

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to UCC too. Does anyone know UCC's reputation? I haven't been able to find much info on it except for their own school website.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You just got an interview offer now?
does that mean that there are a second round of interviews from RCSI?

I think it was late because I hadn't yet submitted my passport sized photos. Because I submitted them on a Friday and then the following Tuesday I got an invite. This was last week Tuesday btw

I think it was late because I hadn't yet submitted my passport sized photos. Because I submitted them on a Friday and then the following Tuesday I got an invite. This was last week Tuesday btw
oh I get it now. Congratulations man, Good luck with your interview.

Didn't you get your letter through abp?

Sorry, I phrased that poorly. I meant via E-mail/phone. I got my UCC package in the mail, which had ABP instructions inside for accepting.
I meant that when I tried E-mailing ABP they never mentioned an offer was en route, or that UCC was even sending out their first round of acceptances. They just kept saying wait for end of March/April.
It just seems there is a slight disconnect between their staff in E-mail and phone communication and the actual mailing of offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a rejection from RCSI after the interview and knows if RCSI sends out packages for rejections or just acceptances? I know some of you have already gotten your acceptances, I live in Alberta and have yet to receive anything! Thanks!

Has anyone gotten a rejection from RCSI after the interview and knows if RCSI sends out packages for rejections or just acceptances? I know some of you have already gotten your acceptances, I live in Alberta and have yet to receive anything! Thanks!
I read somewhere here in this forum that rejections are sent via email. Only the acceptance letters are sent by Fedex.

Hang in there, keep your fingers crossed.

I read somewhere here in this forum that rejections are sent via email. Only the acceptance letters are sent by Fedex.

Hang in there, keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you! I took some advice from the other forum and called Fedex. They told me Atlantic bridge has been sending packages through all of last week to Canada (I specifically asked for Canada), alot to Ontario but not much to Alberta. They did not find a package sent to my postal code yet! Guess I will call Monday, I hope RCSI is still sending invites!

I wonder if RCSI, UCC and NUIG will release more offers this week, ABP told me they haven't made final decisions on candidates yet. And I guess the other three schools with start letting people. know this week or the next.

Hey guys
I heard from RCSI on monday (i got an admission to the 6 year program)... but not from NUIG and cork... UCD hasn't released their first round of considerations yet.
Did anyone else hear from RCSI?? anyone planning to start their program this september in RCSI????

lol can you be more specific? Curious if Vancouver acceptances for the 6 year program are out yet :)
Toronto... I'm not sure about vancouver... but call Atlantic Bridge tomorrow and ask them for a status update of your application.

Hi guys. I've been invited for an RCSI interview and I'd like to know what kind of questions they ask?
dw, the interview is pretty much just a conversation. they just asked me a little more about the extracurriculars i did, where else I applied to uni for, and why i wanted to be a doctor and such.

Toronto... I'm not sure about vancouver... but call Atlantic Bridge tomorrow and ask them for a status update of your application.
I'm from vancouver and i just got mine today!

Hey guys
I heard from RCSI on monday (i got an admission to the 6 year program)... but not from NUIG and cork... UCD hasn't released their first round of considerations yet.
Did anyone else hear from RCSI?? anyone planning to start their program this september in RCSI????
are you going to pay the deposit? the tuition is so expensive, i really got to think this through :3

??what do you mean?? it's an open group... just search RCSI Class of 2020

Hey guys - I'm a first year med student (Canadian) at University of Limerick for their graduate entry program.

I remember this stage last year how I was freaking out.

It was around this time last year (this week I think ...) that we got emails about interviews. Interviews were held in mid-late April.

Just to let you guys know! :) Hang in there.

Hey guys - I'm a first year med student (Canadian) at University of Limerick for their graduate entry program.

I remember this stage last year how I was freaking out.

It was around this time last year (this week I think ...) that we got emails about interviews. Interviews were held in mid-late April.

Just to let you guys know! :) Hang in there.
Thanks sassa! I'm a Canadian student applying this year, I was wondering if i could as a couple questions if its alright. The last thing I want to do is bombard you with a million of them but its just kind of a big decision to move across the world and I'm just hoping to get as much info as possible.
How are you liking Limerick?
Do you have plans on coming back to Canada?
if you do, how do you feel about your chances at coming back to a residency you can live with?
And are you doing any electives back home?
Thanks again for letting us know and answering any of these questions that you can!

No problem! I figured I would check back in here around this time to be around to answer some things.

Limerick itself is like Hamilton, Ontario (if you are from there). It's a city. It has charm. It's industrial. It's a university city. It's central though, so not bad to get around. And one of two major airports is close by (Shannon) which is handy for travel. The medical school itself, I like it. I spent 3 years out of school working and I wanted to come back to school. It's a problem based learning course though, so not a lot of lectures and very self directed in case groups of 8-10 people (switch up every couple of months, led by a doctor / tutor). We get cases each week, develop our own learning objectives, and present later in the week. You learn your **** pretty well. No cadavers, only virtual anatomy stuff. But so far, it gets learned. And we have clinical sessions every week 2x so we get interaction with mock patients and lots of practice there.

I love this style of learning but if you like lectures ... I don't recommend it lol

I 100% have plans to come back to Canada. All my upper year friends matched back from any and all Irish schools. I'm not too concerned right now. But I'm still freaking out a bit. I will still write the USMLE just in case.

For me, I used to want surgery. But in speaking with surgeons back home, no one advises it. Not even for Canadian grads (diminished spots, work/life balance, government control - my uncle is a surgeon and says stay away). Ideal job would be surgery, but I'll be near 30 when I graduate and I want a life. Rural medicine or family with emerg is something I actually legitimately want as you get to do some surg, and know your patients, and just get more variety of cases. So I think I'll be good coming back. I just want medicine as a whole at this point. Too old for ideals haha

For electives, I plan to do them back home (maybe on in the US, but I think Canada only). Everyone I know who are upper years got electives back home. It's still stressful, but it can be done. So yeah, I plan on it in 3rd and 4th year.

Hopefully that helps. I'll try to check in a bit over the next little while in between work because I know it can be helpful to you guys waiting and stressing!

Good luck to you all though!

has anyone been accepted to any 5 year program ?

Last edited:
No problem! I figured I would check back in here around this time to be around to answer some things.

Limerick itself is like Hamilton, Ontario (if you are from there). It's a city. It has charm. It's industrial. It's a university city. It's central though, so not bad to get around. And one of two major airports is close by (Shannon) which is handy for travel. The medical school itself, I like it. I spent 3 years out of school working and I wanted to come back to school. It's a problem based learning course though, so not a lot of lectures and very self directed in case groups of 8-10 people (switch up every couple of months, led by a doctor / tutor). We get cases each week, develop our own learning objectives, and present later in the week. You learn your **** pretty well. No cadavers, only virtual anatomy stuff. But so far, it gets learned. And we have clinical sessions every week 2x so we get interaction with mock patients and lots of practice there.

I love this style of learning but if you like lectures ... I don't recommend it lol

I 100% have plans to come back to Canada. All my upper year friends matched back from any and all Irish schools. I'm not too concerned right now. But I'm still freaking out a bit. I will still write the USMLE just in case.

For me, I used to want surgery. But in speaking with surgeons back home, no one advises it. Not even for Canadian grads (diminished spots, work/life balance, government control - my uncle is a surgeon and says stay away). Ideal job would be surgery, but I'll be near 30 when I graduate and I want a life. Rural medicine or family with emerg is something I actually legitimately want as you get to do some surg, and know your patients, and just get more variety of cases. So I think I'll be good coming back. I just want medicine as a whole at this point. Too old for ideals haha

For electives, I plan to do them back home (maybe on in the US, but I think Canada only). Everyone I know who are upper years got electives back home. It's still stressful, but it can be done. So yeah, I plan on it in 3rd and 4th year.

Hopefully that helps. I'll try to check in a bit over the next little while in between work because I know it can be helpful to you guys waiting and stressing!

Good luck to you all though![/QUOTE

I just got an interview for UL, how many people are in your class? (International)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I just got an interview for UL, how many people are in your class? (International)
[/QUOTE]

Hey Charlotte!

I am also a first year med student at UL so I'll try and help you out too! Our class this year is a little later than last year. There are about 35 Canadians and I think 2 Americans. Our class started at nearly 160 people and now we stand with about 140 (this is due to students dropping out-all of which were EU students).

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask anything, sassa and I will try and stay active on the forum around this time since I'm sure it's getting stressful for you guys! The waiting is the worst part!

Interviews were Thursday / Friday / Saturday.

We found out the next week. I think it was the Wednesday (it was Tues-Thurs). I was on night shifts so my days were all scattered. But it was the next week.

Do you know how many people were interviewed? I have heard there were about 30 spots open. I'm really nervous because I interviewed for RCSI this year and then was rejected!

Did any International student get accepted for the 5 year program at RCSI?