Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they consider your last two years of coursework GPA? I didn't know that. I thought schools will consider your cumulative GPA?

Is this a fact?
This is from the email I got from AB.
"Even though the admissions committee will review an applicants’ entire academic background, they do put a lot of emphasis on most current course work. Most of your recent course work is science oriented and completed with high marks. Assuming that you will keep up this trend with your future courses, I think that you could be considered a competitive student."

This is for my situation but as she states the emphasis on most recent course work.

Members don't see this ad.

This is from the email I got from AB.
"Even though the admissions committee will review an applicants’ entire academic background, they do put a lot of emphasis on most current course work. Most of your recent course work is science oriented and completed with high marks. Assuming that you will keep up this trend with your future courses, I think that you could be considered a competitive student."

This is for my situation but as she states the emphasis on most recent course work.
Oh wow, crazy. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing the post! Did you just apply to RCSI?

Oh wow, crazy. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing the post! Did you just apply to RCSI?
Yes, I only applied to RCSI through Atlantic Bridge and I also applied to the University of Hong Kong, I would like to leave the USA for personal reason for a while. If you want to know anything else PM me as I have asked Atlantic Bridge all kinds of questions.

I applied to the 5-year program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from RCSI regarding interview invites? Judging from previous years, people usually got invites around this week moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi everyone, I was wondering what my chances are for an offer with a 3.2 cGPA and a 503 MCAT for either the 4 or 5 year programs in Ireland! Has anyone gotten an offer with similar stats? I believe I have strong reference letters. 1 from Science Faculty and 1 from a volunteer supervisor. I can also obtain a 3rd letter from a physician if this would help my application. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone, I was wondering what my chances are for an offer with a 3.2 cGPA and a 503 MCAT for either the 4 or 5 year programs in Ireland! Has anyone gotten an offer with similar stats? I believe I have strong reference letters. 1 from Science Faculty and 1 from a volunteer supervisor. I can also obtain a 3rd letter from a physician if this would help my application. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Apply , if you are not in you will never know. You can only apply for a four year program as you have completed the MCAT.

Thinking of applying for 5 year programs at NUI Galway and TCD. GPA from undergrad is 4.09/4.33 (3.92 converted to the 4.00 scale most Canadian schools use). I graduated in 2020, since then I've worked as an ICU nurse, 3 publications, and I have a variety of leadership and volunteer experiences.