Standardized math book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brock1385

Keepin my fingers crossed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt think the kaplan math section was very good. Anyone know of a good book with review; maybe a book for math standardized tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Brock1385 said:
I didnt think the kaplan math section was very good. Anyone know of a good book with review; maybe a book for math standardized tests?
Maybe try the Praxis Test review? Try this: http://www.testprepreview.com/praxis_practice.htm

That link also has PCAT practice and links to self inprovement and self assesment modules. Though most of the problems at that link are heavily "word problems," which was not really the format in the PCAT, for the most part... However, the Praxis review books out there have both "word problem" and straight-up problems... the second of which you are more likely to see on the PCAT.

Praxis (which my mom is studying for... she's a highschool math teacher) review book should cover everything except the calc...It has everything you need to know about algebra/geometry/trig. I know there are praxis review books out there because mom has one. Actually I studied math for PCAT by doing her Praxis review book with her. It was very helpful. Most of the questions in the math section of the PCAT last Saturday were very similar to problems in the Praxis review books that are available. If you get one of those books, make sure it is for Praxis math.... there are several different Praxis tests, for different subjects.

I used "Math Review For Standardized Tests" (Cliffs Test Prep) (Paperback)
by Jerry Bobrow and "The Ultimate Math Refresher for the GRE, GMAT, and SAT" (Paperback) by Lighthouse Review Inc .

Both of these books are good at covering everything you need to know for PCAT, except Calculus and I got both of them used for cheap from Amazon.