Math section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

How does one do well on the math section if we're given all these word problems to finish in 45 min? I'm really frustrated because these aren't super hard problems but take time to do it and then I get left with 18 questions to guess :/
Also that computer calculator is no help and makes it all unnessarily complicated and I lose time

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know :( **** the PCAT they made it so unnecessarily hard

Reactions: 1 user
i try to skip all the longer word problems, just do fractions, ratios, derivatives etc quickly and use whatever time left for the wordy problems. Im taking PCAT next week, but I get 80-100 range on Pearson practice test. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
i try to skip all the longer word problems, just do fractions, ratios, derivatives etc quickly and use whatever time left for the wordy problems. Im taking PCAT next week, but I get 80-100 range on Pearson practice test. Best of luck!
Thanks, I'll try that tip. How have you been studying?

Thanks, I'll try that tip. How have you been studying?
I went over Kaplan for math section, I also have Kaplan self study lessons, I also bought Pearson practice tests, which IMO are much easier then Kaplan. I have Collins but I'm yet to start going through the math part. It seems to me that the biggest challenge with math section is fraction manipulations...most of the wordy questions require some sort of the fraction/relationship set up (like problems involving %, inverses, conversions, "if a=2b, 5b=c, a=?c" type of stuff etc). I've been practicing a lot woth those and my score seemed to improve! Derivatives questions are mostly easy and log questions seem to have only a few formats...I'm leaving trig and probability for guessing, lol