Spring BCPS 2017 in 4 weeks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

merceraluminium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the exam exactly 4 weeks from today and I'm nervous! I feel like I'm studying using the ACCP notes and lectures but not retaining much :(

So at this point, I think my best bet is to do as many practice questions as possible. Is anyone willing to split cost/sell any question banks with me?

Also for those have taken it, any tips for the exam??

Members don't see this ad.

I have been following this forum. I literally just made an account to say that my last name starts with Z and the wait is slowly killing me inside! Ahhhh!

Reactions: 3 users
I have been following this forum. I literally just made an account to say that my last name starts with Z and the wait is slowly killing me inside! Ahhhh!

That would be a long wait with the letter Z. Hopefully they finish today!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I passed!!!!! I think this means it is official that everyone has probably received their scores by now.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats everyone! Now we get to pay all this money and get all these CEs! Yayyy! ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I know right! My hospital doesn't even give us a pay raise for it.. plus, I'm not in a very clinical position right now, figure I get certified before the exam gets harder and to be ready for any future change in role for us that will require it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know right! My hospital doesn't even give us a pay raise for it.. plus, I'm not in a very clinical position right now, figure I get certified before the exam gets harder and to be ready for any future change in role for us that will require it.
We get reimbursed and then money every year to help pay for CEs but no raise.

I have the
-ACCP Pharmacotherapy 2016 vol 1&2 plus Mock Exam
-ACCP Pharmacotherapy Flipcards
-Clinical Pharm Guide to Biostats review book
-High Yield Med Review Book
PM if interested in purchasing:)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I still can't believe it, but I PASSED! It's probably in their best interest to pass us so they can take more $$$$$$$$$ :poke:. Our hospital will reimburse us the exam cost if we pass, but no pay raise or help with CE/annual fees going forward. +pity+

Know your biostats really well, especially what kind of statistical analysis is appropriate -- most of those questions are formatted the same way, so if you don't know your study design, it can screw you out of a bunch of points. There was a lot of policy questions that I had no clue about and just guessed on. Some of the clinical stuff was straightforward, but some were super random. I think the ACCP mock exam was pretty representative of the types/difficulty of questions on the real test. And don't worry if you don't get a good mock exam score; I did pretty badly on it but still passed BCPS.
How was your mock exam score? I got 55 percent so a bit worried ...

All you folks who passed - any idea how many correct answers are needed to pass? And how the score on the accp mock exam correlates to passing ?

How was your mock exam score? I got 55 percent so a bit worried ...

Can't remember exactly, but I think it was somewhere in the 60s. Honestly, the test was full of questions that I wouldn't have known even if I'd studied for months on end, so I was kind of like eff it.

The mock exam actually didn't help me, but causing more confusion and worries. I suggest people to study ACCP lectures and do the practice questions only. I actually didn't study anything except focusing on 4 major core topics: Stat, HIV and Infectious Disease, Cardiology and Regulatory. The rest was so random. Also, know your lab reference well...There were a lot of case studies and without knowing normal lab range, you won't be able to tell what went wrong with patient to correct it.

Hi,
I’m sitting for my exam next week and just want to clarify your advice above. You mean the practice question from accp book???
Thank you

I took it April 28 2018. I studied all winter and crammed 3 days before exam. I scored 60 on ACCP MOCK AND 65 on ASHP MOCK. I was nervous and I hope I passed. Regs aren't my strong suit so if I failed I will study that for next time. Good Luck all

I took it April 28 2018. I studied all winter and crammed 3 days before exam. I scored 60 on ACCP MOCK AND 65 on ASHP MOCK. I was nervous and I hope I passed. Regs aren't my strong suit so if I failed I will study that for next time. Good Luck all
How did u think of the exam otherwise. I took.mine today—- the amount of tricks is unexplainable... its really not a test of our clinical knowledge —