Spring BCPS 2017 in 4 weeks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

merceraluminium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the exam exactly 4 weeks from today and I'm nervous! I feel like I'm studying using the ACCP notes and lectures but not retaining much :(

So at this point, I think my best bet is to do as many practice questions as possible. Is anyone willing to split cost/sell any question banks with me?

Also for those have taken it, any tips for the exam??

Members don't see this ad.

At first I felt pretty good but then I started to go through the study material. I found a lot of answers I got right but seeing some I missed that I thought I got right. Felt like maybe I rushed too much on the second half. Sigh. I don't want to take this test again and the wait is going to kill me.
I'm trying to put it out of my mind. God will handle it. If I don't pass, I'll work even harder the next time.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm trying to put it out of my mind. God will handle it. If I don't pass, I'll work even harder the next time.

Good attitude! I said that to my friend then I started freaking out again. It'll pass. I hate the wait is so long though. Oh well. I'll eventually "forget" about it until it's time to check scores. :nailbiting:

The hardest part of this whole process was I had to study alone, myself, with so much family distractions (kids, etc...). If I could have distraction-free like back in pharmacy school, it would be an easy test. But again, a portion of the exam was so random that even if I study for 7 months...still a guessing game.

Members don't see this ad :)
The hardest part of this whole process was I had to study alone, myself, with so much family distractions (kids, etc...). If I could have distraction-free like back in pharmacy school, it would be an easy test. But again, a portion of the exam was so random that even if I study for 7 months...still a guessing game.
Yeah. We're done now though. We can get it off our mind for the next two months!

Yeah. We're done now though. We can get it off our mind for the next two months!
I took it yesterday and breezed through the first part (aka probably missed a bunch of questions but didn't think the questions were too complicated). Second part was much harder and I used all but 15 min of my time there. I think ACCP study material is waaaaay complex and over detailed. I felt pretty good about stats but some of the questions I'm not sure I could have prepared for! Domain 3...ugh. All guessing. I know I got a couple wrong already and of course am focusing on those and thinking I failed!! Hopefully the curve will help.

I took it yesterday and breezed through the first part (aka probably missed a bunch of questions but didn't think the questions were too complicated). Second part was much harder and I used all but 15 min of my time there. I think ACCP study material is waaaaay complex and over detailed. I felt pretty good about stats but some of the questions I'm not sure I could have prepared for! Domain 3...ugh. All guessing. I know I got a couple wrong already and of course am focusing on those and thinking I failed!! Hopefully the curve will help.

Good luck! It's over now. If I fail, I'll feel a little embarrassed cause I originally walked out thinking it wasn't too bad of a test. However, I'll just take it again in the fall... Wish I wouldn't have said anything at work about me taking it though... :shy:

Done with the exam! Honestly have no idea how I feel about it other than really glad it's over! Some questions were ridiculously easy but there were also a lot that I had to guess on. Agree with others on here that there are some questions where no amount of studying ACCP material is going to help you (had a few where I vaguely remember learning about it in pharmacy school but that was five years ago so...).

The exam is basically a random hodgepodge of pharmacy trivia (and some trivia that didn't seem remotely pharmacy related). Had a lot of anticoag on mine, not too much for HIV. Think I did pretty well on the stats and trial design questions because I studied those topics a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
Done with the exam! Honestly have no idea how I feel about it other than really glad it's over! Some questions were ridiculously easy but there were also a lot that I had to guess on. Agree with others on here that there are some questions where no amount of studying ACCP material is going to help you (had a few where I vaguely remember learning about it in pharmacy school but that was five years ago so...).

The exam is basically a random hodgepodge of pharmacy trivia (and some trivia that didn't seem remotely pharmacy related). Had a lot of anticoag on mine, not too much for HIV. Think I did pretty well on the stats and trial design questions because I studied those topics a lot.
This is exactly how I felt!! Hoping for the best for all of us poor souls enduring another two months of waiting to know the outcome :sleep:!

Good luck! It's over now. If I fail, I'll feel a little embarrassed cause I originally walked out thinking it wasn't too bad of a test. However, I'll just take it again in the fall... Wish I wouldn't have said anything at work about me taking it though... :shy:
HA--exactly. There were a few of us who took it and everyone we work with knows..so they will likely all know if we do/don't pass and if we don't...well, that will be super awkward. :confused:

HA--exactly. There were a few of us who took it and everyone we work with knows..so they will likely all know if we do/don't pass and if we don't...well, that will be super awkward. :confused:
Yeah, I'm trying to be rational with myself. If you fail it, is it really going to make a huge impact on your life? 10 years from now after you have it, is it going to matter if you failed the first time? No. No one is going to be whispering behind your back saying "you know so and so didn't pass the BCPS the first time". At the end of the day, it's not really going to matter if you had to take it a second time (minus the money you have to spend). I say these things in my head and I know they're true but I'm still like UGHHH, I don't want to fail out of embarrassment. lol

I feel the pain from everyone as well. I thought I did ok the first portion, then come the second part where I already know I missed some easy questions because I kept thinking it probably is a trick question, since there were a few I saw with the first part of the exam. Some questions asking for the second drug of choice as the best answer with pt's case. Ah... there were also quite a few trivia questions that were totally out of the field. Now, I kept thinking of more questions I missed each day when something triggers my remembering of the questions. Haha... Good luck everyone!

At first I felt pretty good but then I started to go through the study material. I found a lot of answers I got right but seeing some I missed that I thought I got right. Felt like maybe I rushed too much on the second half. Sigh. I don't want to take this test again and the wait is going to kill me.

I feel the same :(. Now doing BCGS.... Currently conducted by CCGS, after Nov this year it will be taken over by BPS. Seems wayyyyy easier than BCPS, and the guidelines on the topics to be tested on is so much more clear than the basic Domain 1, 2 and 3.

Just took the exam...it was hard. But the mock exam from accp was harder. For those who will be taking soon....here are my recommendations

1. Know the stats. I have 25-30 questions on stats
2. Cardiology...know guidelines well....
3. ID ..know well ...know HIV. Know hiv drug interaction
4. Know dyslipidemia
5. The rest is random.

Did mine on saturday as well. I agree with everyone who said the first half was easier, the second half I started sweating bullets about 10 questions in. I can't say I am confident about that second part at all.

By the way I agree with your list...I had lots of anticoagulation questions/doses and of course statistics. I didn't get any HIV at all though (at least not that I can remember), but I did get a lot of infectious diseases and side effects of their drugs. Also lots of labs out of whack asking me to identify what drug caused them (Know your normal lab ranges like the back of your hand!). The rest like you said was totally random.

I think someone asked about the "fluff chapters" in the ACCP book...its okay to go over it once, but i think i only got like 5 questions from all those chapters. I hate that I spent so much time on them.

This 6 week wait is ridiculous and agonizing....ugh!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am just about to start preparing for the BCPS (Pharmacotherapy) exam which I will take in September. I would love to have 2 (or maybe 3) study partners to review chapters together on the weekends via skype. Anyone??

Can you guys who took the Spring 2017 BPS do me a favor? When you go into your account under system message towards the top - does it say " You have 1 certification app awaiting exam"? This makes me nervous cause I've had a lot of problems with the registration process due to a glitch that happened during the payment process. I wasn't sure if it should say "you have an exam awaiting scoring" or something like that. Thanks for your help!!

Can you guys who took the Spring 2017 BPS do me a favor? When you go into your account under system message towards the top - does it say " You have 1 certification app awaiting exam"? This makes me nervous cause I've had a lot of problems with the registration process due to a glitch that happened during the payment process. I wasn't sure if it should say "you have an exam awaiting scoring" or something like that. Thanks for your help!!
"You have 1 certification app awaiting exam" is what I see too

I expect this status to change next week when results are released. *nervous* good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Same for me as well!

Hello everyone! It's been just a little over 6 weeks since the last exam date. Historically, the results have come out ~6 to 7 weeks after the last test date. Any news/updates from fellow BCPS Spring 2017 test takers??

Hello everyone! It's been just a little over 6 weeks since the last exam date. Historically, the results have come out ~6 to 7 weeks after the last test date. Any news/updates from fellow BCPS Spring 2017 test takers??
No. Will we get an email when our results are back?

Last time I took the exam I found out my results by logging into my account after reading on here that the results were out. I received an official email early the next morning, which was a Monday. The wait is driving me crazy.

Last time I took the exam I found out my results by logging into my account after reading on here that the results were out. I received an official email early the next morning, which was a Monday. The wait is driving me crazy.
I was being less crazy until this talk about scores possibly coming out this week. I put my freak out on hold until next week.

Looks like BPS just posted an announcement about scores being released on or "around" July 7th.. I really hope its sooner.. This wait is ridiculous and crazy! I should be re studying right now, but the wait for a confirmation that I failed is preventing me lol

Have any of y'all experienced results being released earlier than their announcement?? I took mine on April 24th too, so July will be more than 60 days :bang:

Last edited:
Looks like BPS just posted an announcement about scores being released on or "around" July 7th.. I really hope its sooner.. This wait is ridiculous and crazy! I should be re studying right now, but the wait for a confirmation that I failed is preventing me lol

Have any of y'all experienced results being released earlier than their announcement?? I took mine on April 24th too, so July will be more than 60 days :bang:
Where did they announced that? That's the same date they put in the candidate's guide though.

Where did they announced that? That's the same date they put in the candidate's guide though.
It's on their generic website: http://www.bpsweb.org/ I've been keeping an eye out on the announcement and that was just posted today. Yeah, it's the same date as the candidate guide, was hoping it would be a bit earlier than that though..

It's on their generic website: http://www.bpsweb.org/ I've been keeping an eye out on the announcement and that was just posted today. Yeah, it's the same date as the candidate guide, was hoping it would be a bit earlier than that though..
Oh ok. Maybe they'll post them earlier. I haven't been too stressed about it. Guess I've been worrying about other stuff going on and not thinking about it too much.

I am considering sitting the exam in September, have a few more weeks to confirm registration. I took it a year ago, and just missed the pass mark by around 20 marks. Has anyone got the 2017 ACCP material? I have the 2016 but am not sure how much as been updated since then.

Yes. Doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah.. seems like they're waiting till the very last minute to post the results.. I think they just like for people to suffer the wait. Luckily, I've been occupied with a project at work, which helps me forget about this. haha

I am considering sitting the exam in September, have a few more weeks to confirm registration. I took it a year ago, and just missed the pass mark by around 20 marks. Has anyone got the 2017 ACCP material? I have the 2016 but am not sure how much as been updated since then.
Truthfully, I don't think there's that much change from 2017 and 2016. In my opinion 2016 material will be suffice. I used 2015 materials to take the exam this year.

they updated the BPS website with the following announcement:

Wednesday, July 5th
Scores released by close of business for Pediatric, Psychiatric and Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
Thursday, July 6th
Scores released by close of business for Critical Care, Nuclear, Nutrition Support and Oncology Pharmacy
Friday, July 7th
Scores released by close of business for Pharmacotherapy

:bored:

Wednesday, July 5th
Scores released by close of business for Pediatric, Psychiatric and Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
Thursday, July 6th
Scores released by close of business for Critical Care, Nuclear, Nutrition Support and Oncology Pharmacy
Friday, July 7th

Wow, it really is going to be until the bitter end for us.

Seems like all of the sudden they are taking the "60 day" scoring period seriously. Looking back at these forums they always released them a week or two earlier. Doesn't look like that is going to happen for us! Seeing as how I took the exam at the beginning of the testing window, I am going on 10 weeks now. Talk about torture!

Wednesday, July 5th
Thursday, July 6th
Friday, July 7th

Great.. I'm either going to have a very good or bad Friday next week..... probably the latter

The wait is torture. But I'm wishing everyone the best of luck. Sending good juju your way!

Looks like the person posted about their BCACP result, posted it on Sunday night, meaning they got their results a "day" early. If the pattern keeps up, BCPS may be released tomorrow. I much prefer today, but either way we'll all find out this week. Good luck to everyone!

Looks like the person posted about their BCACP result, posted it on Sunday night, meaning they got their results a "day" early. If the pattern keeps up, BCPS may be released tomorrow. I much prefer today, but either way we'll all find out this week. Good luck to everyone!
Ugh, I kinda don't want to know now. lol

Was it listed under "STATUS"? I am stalking my account right now, hoping for BCPS results.

No, the "awaiting app certification" status went away and it was updated at the bottom under recent or upcoming exams from eligible to passed.

I logged on about an hour ago. I passed BCCCP! I have not yet received an email.

I was checking all morning and it is a clear difference when your score is posted. You'll see Passed (hopefully) right when you log in. I'm wondering if all of the non-BCPS scores are being posted first, maybe alphabetically, based on the schedule they have on their website. My last name starts with W.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users