BCPS recertification in </= 12 months. Doable? Best options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KnowledgeQuest

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need to recertify by Dec 2024. My plan was always to re-take the exam. I was hoping to do the exam in Spring 2024 - but I did a specialty certification exam in the fall and missed the passing grade. So my plan is to re-do that exam in the spring when the topics are still "fresh" in my mind. Since I will be studying for that exam, it seems that I will now need to do my BCPS recert via CEs, so I am not preparing for two exams.
- Do you think it's possible to do all those CEs in one year (while studying for another certification exam for the first 4 months of that year)?
- Is there anyone reading this who has done all the CEs in </= 1 year? If so any tips? -
- Any suggestions on the best/fastest way to get all the CEs? At this point, my goal is just to get recertification off my to-do list, so while I want the most cost-effective method, cost isn't my primary consideration. The fastest/most time efficient options are my focus. Yes - I had many years to do this, but recall that my plan was to re-test, so that's why I didn't look at CEs before. In hindsight, I will just plan to do CEs in teh future and start early, since anything can happen when one plans to test. However, I am looking to move forward not focus on what I could have done before.

I know not everyone thinks board certification is worth the hassle, but that's a different discussion at this point. For me, it's something I will do. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.