MD Specific Residency Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarkBluMage

M3
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can medical students find the average stats for people who matched at specific residency programs? I’ve been trying to find average step scores/research quantities but I’m having a hard time. I’m interested in going back home to Houston for residency. Currently interested in Peds surgery. I looked up the 3 general surgery programs (Baylor, UT Houston, Methodist) located there and only one of them mentions the average step scores for their intern class. Im trying to see what I need to shoot for/build in my app in order to have a realistic chance to match at those programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Where can medical students find the average stats for people who matched at specific residency programs? I’ve been trying to find average step scores/research quantities but I’m having a hard time. I’m interested in going back home to Houston for residency. Currently interested in Peds surgery. I looked up the 3 general surgery programs (Baylor, UT Houston, Methodist) located there and only one of them mentions the average step scores for their intern class. Im trying to see what I need to shoot for/build in my app in order to have a realistic chance to match at those programs.

Edit: You log in with your aamc credentials and input your stats in your profile and it will tell you your percentile range for each specific residency program. And you can compare programs by downloading an Excell sheet that tells you the range for different stats for each program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Edit: You log in with your aamc credentials and input your stats in your profile and it will tell you your percentile range for each specific residency program. And you can compare programs by downloading an Excell sheet that tells you the range for different stats for each program.

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user