Program Specific Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thruaway

Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on my personal statement question. Basically, I was thinking of submitting multiple personal statements(about 3), one as a general one to use for all my programs, and two I was going to specifically send to my top two programs(which I don't have any specific ties to the respective area) wherein I mention specifically why I like their program

After perusing older posts, it seems that this might not be the best idea/this is generally not done. I was thinking of doing this, only because of everything because of COVID and everything being virtual again to try and showcase that I'm very interested in them. I also plan to send the residency coordinator a love letter expressing interest once the beginning of interview season has started, so personalizing the PS might be overkill

Should I just forget about personalizing it for these two programs? or is this a good idea? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought this was something that was frequently done.

For what it's worth, this is something that I did. I created a generic personal statement for all programs. For the institution that I really wanted, I added a paragraph or two regarding my personal connection or interest in that particular program. Mine was at the end, but really it can be anywhere.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)