Special Accommodation For Pre-Med App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roc7485

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently entering my sophomore year of college as a pre-med. however, the summer before I start my freshman year I got into an accident and was diagnosed with that traumatic brain injury. It changed my life and I was told to not go back to school till spring semester because I needed to limit my brain activity for recovery. But as a premed I needed that semester so I went against my doctors order and started in the fall. Throughout the year, my grades have been all A’s except for my bio. I got a D- last semester and this semester I have improved but it is a C- still. It brought my GPA down drastically (2.7) and I’m very scared that I have no chance or medical school anymore, but I do have medical reasons for not excelling in bio since it was a very tough course. I just wanted to know if I have a shot anymore in med school? I have a very extensive EC and research and I an determined to show an upward trend these next three years. I am just scared because Bio is a pre-requisitie and I didn’t do well on it. I would love to hear your opinions and advice on my situation. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Anything is possible. It will be an uphill battle but you have over half of college to turn it around.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.