Need advice for low stat premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tutankhamunn

Reaction score
So I have a 2.9 uGPA and science is 2.6. My MCAT was 505. My low gpa is because I honestly just did not study as much as I should have, my undergrad years I was just barely doing bare minimum and letting life pass by. I don't know I felt like I wasn't even awake. I plan on retaking MCAT. I have over around 500 hours clinical experience through volunteering and working as medical assistant. I had 1 leadership role in a student organization and member of like 2 others and have random non clinical volunteer hours from that. I don't have research experience. I know these stats are too low to be considered so can anyone share advice or if you were in a similar boat what you did to get into MD or DO schools? What masters or SMP is recommended?

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the forums.

Are you asking "What are my chances?" If so, you should fill out your profile according to the template. We are not psychics or fortune tellers. :)

Medical schools look holistically at applications, but it does not mean your metrics have no impact. We need details to get you better advice.

Really all SMPs and post-baccs are the same, but the unifying factor is you need to actually turn things around. That means 3.7+ to atone for your old GPA. Do not attempt until you're really ready to commit.

Reactions: 1 users