Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.57, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Several dates available
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 user
Got an invite on September 30th. Please dm me if you already interviewed there. Thank you!

Anyone receive an acceptance?
Yes, I did. My status changed to “offer made” on the portal around 11:30pm central time last night. And I received congratulations email at 4am

Should we expect more acceptances later this month, or was all of the first round sent today and we’ll have to wait until February?

I attended one of the student panels last month and one of the students said that they were accepted much later than December, but didn’t say when. But they were also a D3 I think, so that was a few years ago.

I submitted my application at the end of August and I haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

I submitted my application at the end of August and I haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same situation?
Yeah, I'm a little off from you though. Still in the "late" boat. I submitted in July but app wasn't complete because I took my DAT in Sept. Paid the supplemental fee relatively later. Still waiting to hear back. I wonder when they send out post-dec interviews

I also submitted mine at the end of August and still did not hear anything....

Sooo I applied to SIU in late June and still haven’t received any update on my application. It was verified in mid July and it still says “none” on AADSAS…. Should I email the school and ask what's going on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo I applied to SIU in late June and still haven’t received any update on my application. It was verified in mid July and it still says “none” on AADSAS…. Should I email the school and ask what's going on?
Did you turn in your supplemental and fee through the mail? I had the same issue and figured it out right before it was due. It lists that you have to do that on their app info. If this is your issue unfortunately the deadline has passed.. they don't send emails about it

Yes I sent my supplemental and fee through the mail in July! So I'm just wondering why I haven't received an interview/ or rejection?

Yes I sent my supplemental and fee through the mail in July! So I'm just wondering why I haven't received an interview/ or rejection?
Did you get an email from them saying they’ve received everything and that’s they’ll begin reviewing your application?

I’ll be giving up my spot at SIU. So, good luck guys!!

I called and they said interviews will pick back up in mid-January.

Has anyone heard back regarding acceptance or know when the next round of acceptances will be?

Has anyone heard back regarding acceptance or know when the next round of acceptances will be?
I haven't heard back yet, but I know when they sent us our interview dates they were through Feb 11th, so they may wait to get through everyone.

I just got an email today saying they make final decisions on a rolling basis through May 2022, but I think we should be hearing back by the end of the month to have an idea of where we stand since the interviews should be finishing up soon.

I got that email too… I hope you’re right
I just got an email today saying they make final decisions on a rolling basis through May 2022, but I think we should be hearing back by the end of the month to have an idea of where we stand since the interviews should be finishing up soon.

I interviewed February 1st and I just received an acceptance today so there really is no time frame for acceptances, but they are coming out now.

I interviewed February 1st and I just received an acceptance today so there really is no time frame for acceptances, but they are coming out now.
Did you already attend the student panel and in person tour? I interviewed on January 20th and was told acceptances will be sent out after the in person tour. Please let me know!

Hi do you mind sharing your stats? SIU is my top choice - I will be applying next cycle and I want to get a grasp of what kind of applicants they are looking for. Thank you in advance, and good luck on your DMD journey <3

Did you already attend the student panel and in person tour? I interviewed on January 20th and was told acceptances will be sent out after the in person tour. Please let me know!
I got an email from Angela yesterday that said they have dates for the virtual student panel and tour by March 1st, so they haven’t done an in person tour yet or let me know of one I can attend.

Hi do you mind sharing your stats? SIU is my top choice - I will be applying next cycle and I want to get a grasp of what kind of applicants they are looking for. Thank you in advance, and good luck on your DMD journey <3
My DAT AA was a 19, my total science was an 18, my science GPA was 3.7 and my overall GPA was a 3.7. I also went to SIUE for undergrad which I’m sure also helped me, but I had a well rounded application as well to back up my stats. Hope everything goes well during your application!

I got an email from Angela yesterday that said they have dates for the virtual student panel and tour by March 1st, so they haven’t done an in person tour yet or let me know of one I can attend.
I received the same email! But you received a separate acceptance email as well?

I received the same email! But you received a separate acceptance email as well?
Yes I got an email around 10am with an acceptance letter and how to accept it.

Last edited:
Also got my acceptance on February 10th!
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/29/28/no

Also got my acceptance on February 10th!
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/29/28/no
Congratulations!! When did you interview?

Has anyone heard anything from SIU recently regarding acceptance or rejection? Hope everyone is doing well.