Soap- Good idea applying to a program you ranked but went unfilled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drgeedubs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all.
Presumably, the program did not rank you if you ranked them and the program went unfilled. In such a situation, is there any point in applying to the program in SOAP?

Members don't see this ad.

I would guess not because obviously they preferred soaping over having you there so clearly something was very wrong with the application.

Can always try, if you have the time and are actually competitive in the field.

Some very competitive programs may only rank 15 (or less) for 10 spots. Either they’re confident and/or want to look at the soap candidates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Title says it all.
Presumably, the program did not rank you if you ranked them and the program went unfilled. In such a situation, is there any point in applying to the program in SOAP?
By not ranking you, they explicitly said they would prefer to go unmatched than take you into the program. So no.

On the other hand, if it's a program where you applied but didn't interview? Sure, apply again. It's not a big deal.

Another question - is it too late to register for the match. I heard of a few SOAP openings that I would like to apply to.

Another question - is it too late to register for the match. I heard of a few SOAP openings that I would like to apply to.
Yes. The deadline was in February sometime. No program can consider you until the entire Match+SOAP process is over - that would be Friday evening.

Reactions: 1 user