Epic upgrade. anyone able to figure where the synopsis tab went?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananas85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hating this new epic upgrade. The results scroll bar is so non conventional.

Also I used to use the synopsis tab a lot to see what meds, fluids, etc the patient had received since admission. They completely revamped it and no longer has that information. I know MAR would provide this information too but it was so much more easily accessible via synopsis tab. Anyway venting but also seeing if anyone has suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak to your question about the synopsis tab, since I've never used it, but I will say that the hospital system where I do all my inpatient work went live with the "new" (I think it was actually an early 2021 build) Epic about 6 months before my outpatient hospital system (it's complicated) did.

The inpatient build is a total s***show. The outpatient version is actually pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont understand why someone would take something that was working and functional without any issues and make it useless. Who are these people sitting in a computer lab making my life harder. Grrrrr.

I dont understand why someone would take something that was working and functional without any issues and make it useless. Who are these people sitting in a computer lab making my life harder. Grrrrr.
For inpatient work, I just use the ICU accordion view, which still looks and acts the same. If there's a specific lab or imaging result I'm looking for, the Chart Review tab can still be set to the old look which is much easier to sort/filter/scroll.

There are definitely some advantages to the new view, and after a bit of time, you'll learn the tricks to make it work for you. But I agree that it's kind of annoying.

Imagine you are being paid low 6 figures to fart around at home and be part of the “Epic EMR User Interface Squad.”

Do you imagine you’d ever want to say to your boss “well yep we’re done nothing left to improve now”

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine you are being paid low 6 figures to fart around at home and be part of the “Epic EMR User Interface Squad.”

Do you imagine you’d ever want to say to your boss “well yep we’re done nothing left to improve now”
exactly- I always saw someone is paid to make changes, whether or not they are actually beneficial. So they figure they need to move stuff around for the hell of it.

Reactions: 2 users

The funny thing is that there’s arguably a ton of **** that could be improved in Epic - it’s not exactly perfect - but this stuff wasn’t it.

It’s a bit like when you go to the grocery store and find that they suddenly moved everything around for no reason, just to create the illusion of progress.

Reactions: 1 user