SOAP 2017 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great job on the bump up of 29 points. pretty certain i'm having difficulty getting a residency since i fell >10 pts
hey thanks! but its the luck of the draw not anything you did or didn't do, keep your head up!

Members don't see this ad.

phone call to arrange Skype. didn't have time to change was in tank top and puffy hair but they understood.
After reading this I just took a shower and dressed up fancy. There's hope :D

Reactions: 1 users
Just wondering if it's better to wait for one more year and improve the CV, and then get somewhere you like rather than SOAPing a position reluctantly.

happy for you. i should just kill myself. 7 ranked programs and no match. i dont know even know what will happen with soap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was just hoping the storm yesterday is the reason for not to get any call from NY area IM programs. But still no calls. It means probably no hope for the first round.

Hey guys.

Originally matched EM in 2015, but am switching specialties to pathology since EM was a poor fit for me, as it turns out.

Applied to 37 programs, got interviews at 7, but no match.

I got 2 calls on Monday afternoon, 2 yesterday, and 1 this morning about 15 minutes ago.

Here's hoping! Good luck everyone!

Hey!

Second time SOAPing for me
DO trying to go peds (yes, freaking peds!)

226/204 failure with 242 on retake.
Good LORs, Passed all COMLEX the first time.
11 interviews last year (ranked all), 2 this year
No calls last year, 2 this year! There's hope :) just 33 more minutes until this first round!

We got this!

Reactions: 2 users
LOL My phone just rang and it was just a salon calling the wrong number.

Feelsbadman.

the calls you got were they all from the program office of is there any chance of being from personal cell phones? I saw a missed call from a california number but didnt apply to any programs in CA. freaking out!
Now the number is busy!

the calls you got were they all from the program office of is there any chance of being from personal cell phones? I saw a missed call from a california number but didnt apply to any programs in CA. freaking out!
Now the number is busy!
I did too, and when I called back it was busy too. was it fair oaks CA?

Also didn't apply to cali!

Just got a call about 11am, and they asked for a different name then mine (meaning she called me thinking I was a different applicant). She sounded confused and then hung up. :(

Just got a call about 11am, and they asked for a different name then mine (meaning she called me thinking I was a different applicant). She sounded confused and then hung up. :(

There needs to be a penalty for that type of talk =/

that is horrible, I'm sorry. hopefully there's something better for you!

Just to confirm - the # they call is the one you have on eras right? Would hate to have an old or wrong number somewhere that they call, and hence never receiving any phone calls.

All of mine have been using my ERAS contact information.

Just to confirm - the # they call is the one you have on eras right? Would hate to have an old or wrong number somewhere that they call, and hence never receiving any phone calls.
yes your personal info on ERAS

will we get an email saying we got an offer or will it only show up on the nrmp offer section?

Any EM applicants going to FM. Planning to turn the page at 12:00pm est and never look back.

My only complaint about the SOAP... the mind games. "I'm not saying, I'm just saying", "I would looooove to work for your program", "I could really see myself working there".

Anyway, 1) knock out this 3 year residency (fingers crossed) 2) Help some folks along the way 3) open up some UCs and by some props.

Just wondering if it's better to wait for one more year and improve the CV, and then get somewhere you like rather than SOAPing a position reluctantly.

The time to wonder is during that 2-hour period between receiving an offer and deadline to accept. For now, do all you can to get that offer.

Ultimate answer will depend on your desired specialty and your competitiveness for said specialty. Will another year help significantly? Or are the things you can't change (STEPs) permanent barriers?

good luck you guys, hopefully a lot of offers out to you

I GOT AN OFFER AND ACCEPTED.

It was at the place that called me 1 hr before the deadline.

Reactions: 22 users
Goddamn it, Not even Dermatology?

Last edited:
You know how there is the available spots for each field? Will they update the list at the end of the first round?

Offered and accepted for anesthesia! Congrats to those with spots and best of luck to everyone else in the coming rounds!

Reactions: 18 users
Status
Not open for further replies.