Sketchy Program Director?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chandbingtr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have had a really odd communication with a DR Program Director recently, and I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience or had insights.

I was communicated by this PD who found my # online (I posted it in attempt to find an R1 position) and he had a brief talk. He told me that his program is newly accredited and gave me some information and I sent him my full application. After a while, he sent me another email saying that he will send me the interview details 2 weeks ago. Of note, I had to call him back to inquire a couple of paperwork issues, and he told me that it was taking a little bit longer to set up video interview things at his institution, delaying the whole process.

Anyway, after that e-mail, he did not send any invite to me, which is okay. Meanwhile I got another offer and I wanted to see if they will call me or send me an interview, so I sent him another email. No reply, Sent him another one 5 days after that, no reply again.

I called his number, nobody picked for 2 days. Finally, I called him again and he picked up, and as soon as he heard my name he hung up and now my calls are directly going to voicemail.

I know this sounds not-promising at all, but WTF. Has anyone had a similar experience? Or anyone has any thought on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like they ghosted and they don’t have the stones to just tell you

Reactions: 6 users
Name the program

Reactions: 4 users
Sounds like they ghosted and they don’t have the stones to just tell you

That's what I thought but at this level such things look incredibly stupid. It's not like we matched on a dating app lol. And I will not name the program unfortunately.