Side hustles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck on that LTC promotion in our current state!
šŸ˜‚ I know, right? Iā€™ll just look for one of those O5A/O1A slots. Iā€™m currently sitting in an 05A slot.

Members don't see this ad.

Legitimately did my first auto detailing client today on my off day :rofl:. Asking my former tech (under-employed, super tech who is beyond a talented tech) if she wants to run my business (let her handle bookings and operation; I've got all the assets and book keeping down; we've both got word of mouth/clientele). I could seriously do this when I retire living in a weather sensitive 4 season area (always something to push)

Reactions: 2 users
-Buy some VTI every paycheck. It's up 19% YTD.

-Next time crypto crashes, buy some BTC, ETH and ADA. They are already up 50-260% since July.

-Buy an investment property for passive income.

-Consider an ice cream truck. Everybody loves ice cream.
Learn stock picking. In my view, far less risky than speculating in crypto where intrinsic value is difficult if not impossible to estimate. Stocks have quarterly reports where you can count on proving your thesis to be right or not and the market will reward or punish you for it. Whereas in crypto, who knows when/why a price rises or falls except based on the unpredictable whims of the collective psyche?

Actually since that post on 8/27 my trading accounts added another $300K+.

The IRA accounts I trade for my spouse also added a decent 40K

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Learn stock picking. In my view, far less risky than speculating in crypto where intrinsic value is difficult if not impossible to estimate. Stocks have quarterly reports where you can count on proving your thesis to be right or not and the market will reward or punish you for it. Whereas in crypto, who knows when/why a price rises or falls except based on the unpredictable whims of the collective psyche?

Btw the primary reason I stumbled onto the pharm subforum is because Iā€™m researching GoodRxā€™s stock (GDRX). Been on my watchlist since its IPO last year. Looking to me as a potential good swing trade to open a position on next week. I read a pharm thread about goodrx posted in 2020, can anyone explain how they get away with compelling pharmacies to accept them at a loss? Are pharmacies obligated to accept goodrx?

Below is an explanation i found on reddit. Accurate?

ā€œpharmacies are contracted with numerous PBM's(pharm benefit mngr)

PBM negotiates price with manufacturer

PBM then negotiates price with pharmacy

Every pharmacy has a different PBM price

Pharmacy charges cash price as the highest PBM price, this can be a difference of 10x the lowest price

GDRX partners with PBMs to sell at the lowest partnered PBM price.

PBM's agree because otherwise someone is paying U&C price(cash price) which is good for the pharmacy, but gives no cut to the PBM.

Essentially GDRX and PBM make money, pharmacy doesnt.

This is why pharmacists hate GDRX bc they cant charge their idiot cash price which is where they make their moneyā€

Last edited:
  • Okay...
Reactions: 1 users

You are confused. Once upon a time, ā€œintrinsic valueā€ mattered. These days just about every single stock is trading far above its fundamentally sound price. Stocks are so grossly overvalued they are just as speculative as cryptos. Have you ever heard of a utility crypto?

And thank you for descending from on high to visit our lowly forum while search for information on your IPO. We are graced by your presence.

ā€œLearn stock pickingā€ - wtf - have you not heard that the only stock you ever need to pick is GameStop and/or AMC. Diamond hands b****.

lol @ ā€œstock pickingā€. I find it funny when people talk like they are some sort of authority on the subject. Your better off picking out 3-4 letters from banana grams to advise in ā€œstock pickingā€

Quick question - what is an, ā€œidiot cash priceā€

Last edited:
  • Haha
@mentos & @ValeRx - The 3 of us will all make OnlyFans accounts to see who is the top gigolo RPh of SDN. @owlegrad is invited too or can serve as a third party judge; whatever you're up for. Will the 40 year old mid-life crisis dad-bod prevail???

What the heck - Iā€™m not invited to your party? I even have a special move..

• Haha
You are confused. Once upon a time, ā€œintrinsic valueā€ mattered. These days just about every single stock is trading far above its fundamentally sound price.
Just curious, do you think stocks will come back down to earth or do you think investors will have to learn to live with a new ā€œfundamentally sound priceā€?

Just curious, do you think stocks will come back down to earth or do you think investors will have to learn to live with a new ā€œfundamentally sound priceā€?

This is a great question, Owle. My guess is pure speculation and is likely as good advice as someone who thinks the exact opposite. I recognize that everyone who is investing in financial markets, in their current state, are simply contributing to the ever expanding bubble which will inevitably pop at some point (this is inevitable - just the same after a bubble pops you can inevitably expect the bubble to start to grow again).

With that said - it is my opinion that the ā€œthingā€ that is driving this bubble is the feds policy that essentially allows the injection of massive quantity of dollars to be added to the system to keep it going. Reverse repos are absolutely through the roof, interest rates are practically non-existent, and our social stimulus programs rely entirely on creation of dollars and inflating the currency.

So - when the feds current policy becomes unsustainable (likely due to inflation) this bubble will likely pop. I am watching for a reversal of these current policies to mark the ā€œpopping of our current bubbleā€. When this happens Iā€™m selling out and I may even try shorting the S&P for a season or two (recommend Proshares short S&P).

Most importantly - anyone who pretends to know they have a grip on when these bubbles will pop are likely full of it. For me - aside from some sort of terrible world event - Iā€™m watching interest rates and the phasing out of social stimulus programs. A wild guess is next spring/summer (especially if the child tax credit monthly payments get axed).

For now - I buy the dip and keep riding the wave.

Last edited:
1630871065387.png

Which stocks are you in? Got any good picks?

Members don't see this ad :)
No side hustle per se. I work another pharmacist job per diem -- $68/hr. Easy money and my former workplace

No side hustle per se. I work another pharmacist job per diem -- $68/hr. Easy money and my former workplace

Sometimes I see people in high wage jobs doing menial side hustles like selling Rodan & Fields. I always wonder why they don't just pick up an extra shift.

Reactions: 4 users
You could probably make a lot more now with the lumber shortage. People charge crazy prices and customers pay.
The lumber shortage is over. Prices have come way down recently.

Sometimes I see people in high wage jobs doing menial side hustles like selling Rodan & Fields. I always wonder why they don't just pick up an extra shift.

I suppose to some people it is better to sell face lotion vs spending another minute in a retail pharmacy.

This is the point that I am at. I would literally rather sell Mary Kay rather than work retail (mostly the principle of it). There are a lot of successful men that sell Mary Kay.

I suppose to some people it is better to sell face lotion vs spending another minute in a retail pharmacy.

This is the point that I am at. I would literally rather sell Mary Kay rather than work retail (mostly the principle of it). There are a lot of successful men that sell Mary Kay.

I had a classmate who did one of those MTMs that requires you to pay them up front for all the products to distribute to your ponzi group. A few months later they tagged everyone in the group asking for the money they owed LoL. So embarrassing.

I had a classmate who did one of those MTMs that requires you to pay them up front for all the products to distribute to your ponzi group. A few months later they tagged everyone in the group asking for the money they owed LoL. So embarrassing

You are right - it is freaking embarrassing. I become embarrassed for the person pitching a MLM scheme and the pressure they place on you to say ā€œyesā€ to their questions.

What is even more embarrassing is when they find other people that sell MLM garbage (IE Mary Kay MLM victim invites a scentsey candle MLM victim) to each other. They all feel like they owe something to each other because they got the other person to buy the cheapest thing on their sales list - it becomes this ruminating cycle of buying from each other to show support but all of the profit goes to the upper levels.

Apparently you can buy dildos in some MLM group these days. They all sit around talking about which one works the best.. I suppose it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at that ā€œpartyā€.

You are right - it is freaking embarrassing. I become embarrassed for the person pitching a MLM scheme and the pressure they place on you to say ā€œyesā€ to their questions.

What is even more embarrassing is when they find other people that sell MLM garbage (IE Mary Kay MLM victim invites a scentsey candle MLM victim) to each other. They all feel like they owe something to each other because they got the other person to buy the cheapest thing on their sales list - it becomes this ruminating cycle of buying from each other to show support but all of the profit goes to the upper levels.

Apparently you can buy dildos in some MLM group these days. They all sit around talking about which one works the best.. I suppose it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at that ā€œpartyā€.

LMAO this is exactly what happened with my wife. Her friend sold Rodan and Fields and my wife was pressured to buy it from her, even though it made her skin worse. The crap was something ridiculous like $100/mo. This friend posted ads nearly everyday, I stopped following her. Kept pitching about how life changing it was in order to recruit more people to join the ponzi scheme. I think she stopped selling after a year or two.

Those Tupperware parties where they sell dildos instead are called "passions" parties. My wife was invited to one and said I would be her +1 LoL, we had no clue what a passions party was.

• Haha
LMAO this is exactly what happened with my wife. Her friend sold Rodan and Fields and my wife was pressured to buy it from her, even though it made her skin worse. The crap was something ridiculous like $100/mo. This friend posted ads nearly everyday, I stopped following her. Kept pitching about how life changing it was in order to recruit more people to join the ponzi scheme. I think she stopped selling after a year or two.

Those Tupperware parties where they sell dildos instead are called "passions" parties. My wife was invited to one and said I would be her +1 LoL, we had no clue what a passions party was.
I went to one and only bought one. They wanted us to buy more

• Wow
I went to one and only bought one. They wanted us to buy more

How many dildos did they want you to buy?

Geezeā€¦. I dunno - Iā€™m kinda intimidated by them. Maybe itā€™s just me but I donā€™t like the great big giggly ones.

How many dildos did they want you to buy?

Geezeā€¦. I dunno - Iā€™m kinda intimidated by them. Maybe itā€™s just me but I donā€™t like the great big giggly ones.
It was weird. I think they wanted everyone to buy two . I went to a marykay and bought nothing. Oh well. There's a pediatrician selling Arbonne.

I know a former coworker pharmacist selling those crappy leggings. I am seeing fewer posts from her about it so perhaps she has given up. What a scam/ripoff.

Did anyone invest in FIGS, the expensive scrubs? I guess only poor students and new grads buy them.

Did anyone invest in FIGS, the expensive scrubs? I guess only poor students and new grads buy them.
I have owned a grand total of three pair of figs I think. Maybe two. I actually really like them but I canā€™t justify that kind of expense to myself.

I have never, in my entire life, worn scrubs. However I am curious about them.

Do they feel like you are naked when wearing them?

I have never, in my entire life, worn scrubs. However I am curious about them.

Do they feel like you are naked when wearing them?
I have heard people claim itā€™s like wearing PJs but to me it just feels like wearing comfortable clothing.

I have heard people claim itā€™s like wearing PJs but to me it just feels like wearing comfortable clothing.
I think the brand/fit definitely makes the difference. The figs I have are fairly form-fitting, so they're a lot less comfortable than my Cherokee Infinity. Those are more like PJs.

That seems like a fine line to be differentiating. Then again I don't own PJs so maybe they're more comfortable than I'm thinking.

I would feel like the man if I wore some super loose scrubs and some leopard male-thong underwear with them. Then just walk around all day feeling super confident. Maybe accessorize with a gold chain around your neck..

I like this ideaā€¦.

• Haha
I have shares. I had 100 and sold them for a 15% gain. Bought back 100 again and sold half at like 48. Still have 50. I mentioned in the discord when they IPO

I have owned a grand total of three pair of figs I think. Maybe two. I actually really like them but I canā€™t justify that kind of expense to myself.
We can get scrusb from the hospital so I think 1 pair is all I'd need. May grab 2

Brother in laws gf was obsessed 5+ years ago. With I bought shares. When did you buy ?
I bought shares in November of 2021. I have a percentage of money that I put into what I would consider ā€œlong term growth stocksā€ and lulu was one.

I am also super long term bullish on anything manufactured home related. Check out a company called Cavco (CVCO).

otherwise, Iā€™m long term super bullish on AMC - what can I sayā€¦..

I bought shares in November of 2021. I have a percentage of money that I put into what I would consider ā€œlong term growth stocksā€ and lulu was one.

I am also super long term bullish on anything manufactured home related. Check out a company called Cavco (CVCO).

otherwise, Iā€™m long term super bullish on AMC - what can I sayā€¦..
I don't know how you can be bullish on amc other than a short term play

I don't know how you can be bullish on amc other than a short term play

Well - ya knowā€¦. Long hold until the MOASSā€¦ Diamond hands right?

I dont care who feels what about the ā€œReddit crowdā€ and the market shenanigans they cause - all I know is I have experienced the largest cash explosion of my life investing in amc. First time I have ever gone from 0 to 800% in the matter of weeks.

Last edited:
Well - ya knowā€¦. Long hold until the MOASSā€¦ Diamond hands right?

I dont care who feels what about the ā€œReddit crowdā€ and the market shenanigans they cause - all I know is I have experienced the largest cash explosion of my life investing in amc. First time I have ever gone from 0 to 800% in the matter of weeks.

Nice. How many shares did you get?

Nice. How many shares did you get?

I bought 500 at 9.70 - sold 200 at 29/share - then sold 100 at 65 - still holding 200 of the original and bought 100 again at 38.

I suppose thatā€™s ā€œdiamondish handsā€.

I bought 500 at 9.70 - sold 200 at 29/share - then sold 100 at 65 - still holding 200 of the original and bought 100 again at 38.

I suppose thatā€™s ā€œdiamondish handsā€.

I concur. If you traded like me, you would have bought the dip at 42 and sold at 32.

• Haha
I concur. If you traded like me, you would have bought the dip at 42 and sold at 32.

In swing trades - I force myself to give it some time. Whenever I think, ā€œright nowā€ I always wait a bit. Seems to workā€¦

I mentioned theta as a crypto once. Check out that price action over the past few weeks - I held through everything and missed a huge swing opportunity last night. No biggie Iā€™ll catch the next one

I do some consulting work on the side.
Consulting firms that work on pharmacy operations/compliance projects would hire me as their subject matter expert and I basically am their "go to guy" whenever they have questions about pharmacy arena.
I would tag along for site visits (they pay for your trip + meals) and it really is interesting to see how other pharmacy departments operate.
Work isn't always available since it's project by project based but hourly rate is high and pretty much no stress as an independent contractor role.