Side Hustles as a Pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apples2Oranges

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any side hustles as a pharmacist? Trade stocks? Real estate? Just curious and interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Trying to start up a side business myself, get a source of passive income.

I am learning stocks/trading.

Members don't see this ad :)
My Facebook feed is full of people having huge success with pyramid schemes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
What kind of pyramid schemes?

Reactions: 1 user
I married up, that's a lot less work than investing with other benefits. Seriously, women are much less discerning than guys about getting trophy spouses if my wife's firm and Wells Fargo, and US Bank upper management are any definition. A prenup is a must. My wife isn't an exception either, she honestly could have done much better if she did not marry so late. Guess she's stuck with me unless someone figures out how to age in reverse.

Reactions: 1 users
The PIC at one of my rotation site was making good money running some type of blood clinic on the side even though he wasn't allowed to due to conflict of interest with the company. Not sure why he even told me about it.

I married up, that's a lot less work than investing with other benefits. Seriously, women are much less discerning than guys about getting trophy spouses if my wife's firm and Wells Fargo, and US Bank upper management are any definition. A prenup is a must. My wife isn't an exception either, she honestly could have done much better if she did not marry so late. Guess she's stuck with me unless someone figures out how to age in reverse.

Hello, my name is Chalupa, and this is my side hustle, Mrs. Chalupa.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stocks. Though so far I'm the one being hustled from bad picks

Reactions: 2 users
What state are you in? Try to get into the Cannabiz if it's been state approved..

I get emails from indeed about supplementing pharmacist income with Uber/Lyft.

I get emails from indeed about supplementing pharmacist income with Uber/Lyft.

That's sad. Maybe not so if you have loans. But if you make $90-100k pre-tax as a pharmacist and have to resort to Uber/Lyft to make a living, you have spending issues. The average salary is $30-50k in the US.

That's sad. Maybe not so if you have loans. But if you make $90-100k pre-tax as a pharmacist and have to resort to Uber/Lyft to make a living, you have spending issues. The average salary is $30-50k in the US.

Yep I have no idea why that popped up, they probably send those ads to everybody who gets emails from Indeed.

I will slap that pink drink out of your hand, you plexus using, pyramid scheme manipulating SOB.

I am so tired of seeing the pink drink posts on Facebook. I've got someone here in town who I'm pretty sure did not graduate high school going around telling people the pink drink will cure, MS, migraines, chronic fatigue and what ever else that's wrong with you. Modern day snake oil salesman!

Last edited:
I am so tired of seeing the pink drink posts on Facebook. I've got someone here in town who I'm pretty sure did not graduate high school going around telling people the pink drink will cure, MS, migraines, chronic fatigue and what ever thing else that is wrong with you. Modern day snake oil salesman!

I have to show serious restraint not to put those people on blast on FB. The other day one of them was claiming that miralax is the exact same as ethylene glycol.

I wanted to tell her to drink some of both and see which one kills her first. #science

I am so tired of seeing the pink drink posts on Facebook. I've got someone here in town who I'm pretty sure did not graduate high school going around telling people the pink drink will cure, MS, migraines, chronic fatigue and what ever thing else that is wrong with you. Modern day snake oil salesman!

That's what these companies want. They can't make those false claims themselves without getting sued or fined so they get these *****s to do their dirty work.

The representatives are like the Mormons of business advertising (sorry SDN Mormons).

"Do you have a moment to hear about our newest product from Avon?"

I am sell pharmacy practice question ebooks on pharmacy law, I write them by myself. I design pharmacy related tee shirts, I am working on developing a pharmacy related app, there is so much opportunity in and out of pharmacy.

Ideas
1. I think a pharmacy social networking app platform will be genius
2. I think an app that would allow technicians in a retail pharmacy setting to quickly identify bottled drugs that are expiring within a specific time would be genius... something quick. for example and app that scans the manufacturer barcode and reads the lot number and expiration date, paying particular attention to the expiration date.. it would be genius if someone can design that

3. I think an app that can address medication adherence very well will be critical

4. I think an app that would allow patients to chat with pharmacist live will be genius

Any other entrepreneurs out there?

Straight Outta Pharmacy School

America's Pharmacist

4. I think an app that would allow patients to chat with pharmacist live will be genius

America's Pharmacist

Would this app really be a genius? You can talk to a live pharmacist any time for free...even at 2 am. Just call a 24 hour pharmacy.

How in your tshirt business going?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I am sell pharmacy practice question ebooks on pharmacy law, I write them by myself. I design pharmacy related tee shirts, I am working on developing a pharmacy related app, there is so much opportunity in and out of pharmacy.

Ideas
1. I think a pharmacy social networking app platform will be genius
2. I think an app that would allow technicians in a retail pharmacy setting to quickly identify bottled drugs that are expiring within a specific time would be genius... something quick. for example and app that scans the manufacturer barcode and reads the lot number and expiration date, paying particular attention to the expiration date.. it would be genius if someone can design that

3. I think an app that can address medication adherence very well will be critical

America's Pharmacist

#1: Tinder got ahead of you

CETI ALPHA FIVE'S GUIDE TO SIDE HUSTLING:

Have a super hot wife that makes a lot of money.

Shazaam

CETI ALPHA FIVE'S GUIDE TO SIDE HUSTLING:

Have a super hot wife that makes a lot of money.

Shazaam

Except add "emotionally needy" if wife as women trade for Spouse 2.0 as often as guys (in fact, I think they are more decisive about it since they run out of time).

1. Pay off debt
2. Extra shifts for three years, now picked up PRN gig at independent
3. Await the spawn to age out of daycare

1. Pay off debt
2. Extra shifts for three years, now picked up PRN gig at independent
3. Await the spawn to age out of daycare
Except I have it on excellent authority that teenage car insurance is being used as a cash cow. Those little darlings aren't cheap

Except I have it on excellent authority that teenage car insurance is being used as a cash cow. Those little darlings aren't cheap
Sports + Extra food + College savings + Car Insurance and any other random expense people come up with cannot cost > $1700/mo (at its peak)

Enlighten a guy who has almost lost all hope: at what age do we get to stop sending kids to daycare? Including after school supervision...

13 if you trust your kids but only for a few hours...if you trust them.

Daycare for 6 weeks - 2 year olds is about the same $200/week. It goes down by like $10 a week per year. Once they hit public school its around $200 week for after care and an extra $50-$100 for before care. Then you have to cover the summers, random weeks off, teacher planning days.

You could hire a nanny but you lose some flexibility. At my daycare someone is always there 0630-1830. No call outs. No lateness. They feed them. Theyre always there. They have fire drills. My 4 year old can count to 100 and is starting to read, my 20 month old knows all his colors and counts to 10 in English and spanish.

For me I could save a few hundred a month hiring a nanny, but then if I want to pick up an extra shift, I cant. So, its not worth it.

Some prefer to stay home and save the trouble, but neither I nor my husband have that personality type.

13 if you trust your kids but only for a few hours...if you trust them.

Daycare for a 13 year old? Wow. My parents left me home alone in middle school for 1-2 weeks at a time while they went on business trips. My wife was babysitting at age 10.

Daycare for a 13 year old? Wow. My parents left me home alone in middle school for 1-2 weeks at a time while they went on business trips. My wife was babysitting at age 10.

Things are different now....yada, yada, we also grew up without car seats and were given very tasty baby aspirin when we babies. Check your state standards on what age your CPS considers it neglect to leave your child alone at home. In my state, IL law is vague, but says that leaving a child under the age of 14 alone can be considered neglect, depending on the circumstances.

I didn't mean 13 for daycare. I meant it's reasonable for the majority of people to let their 13 year old to stay home by themselves without supervision for a long period of time. I was 12 babysitting a 1 yr old baby sister while my parents were at work.

Nowadays, I'm not sure if that's considered ok anymore. Times have changed. You smack your kid for being an idiot and now it's child abuse. Leave them in the house alone for too long and suddenly you're "neglecting" them. :bang:
I used to be spanked all the time and never had a carseat after age 3. Now just even mentioning spanking a kid causes uproar.

Mr. Alex Barker strike again (great way to use your PharmD). Meds + grocery + laundry delivery service:

18. Running errands

If you have a couple hours to spare on a weeknight or a Saturday, you could help busy people run errands. Many people in your area would probably pay for someone to grocery shop for them or pick up dry cleaning on a weekly basis.

Yes, I am very easy on the eyes! HAHA

29. Modeling

Are you easy on the eyes? If so, you could make some extra cash by modeling. Sometimes, local photographers are in need of subjects to strike a pose for advertisements.

Yes, I move bottles in the morning and then I move sofas at night!

30. Moving service

Strong pharmacists who don’t mind carrying other people’s stuff can make good money helping other people move. You can offer your services at night and on weekends and wouldn’t even need to own a truck—you could just help people carry things.

You could do all of those things or you could make more money by picking up a one or two PRN shifts per month. I think I'll go with moving sofas.

not trying to spam but I distribute discount cards and use them for uninsured customers and get commission of about $1/claim which ends up being a few hundred/month plus a little more from referrals. if interested check it out here (I know its ethically questionable but my chain uses them for almost all cash patients anyway so why not use my own)
Check it out
Welcome to Your Rx Help