should i retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treasure_island

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took my dat in august and scored the following:
AA 20
TS 20
PAT 17
Bio 19
GC 23
OC 20
QR 20
RC 17

my science gpa is 2.95 and overall is 3.1

i wanna retake it in nov, but i don't know if it's gonna be too late or not? they say to take it earlier than dec 15, but i'm still worried.

any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

treasure_island said:
i took my dat in august and scored the following:
AA 20
TS 20
PAT 17
Bio 19
GC 23
OC 20
QR 20
RC 17

my science gpa is 2.95 and overall is 3.1

i wanna retake it in nov, but i don't know if it's gonna be too late or not? they say to take it earlier than dec 15, but i'm still worried.

any advice?

the answer is so obvious (don't retake), that i'm suprised that i'm actually telling you this!

your golden, and so is your dat score

good luck,

i have VERY similar stats to you (except you DAT is slightly higher), and have allready recieved two interview invites,

best of luck :luck:

iambatman said:
the answer is so obvious (don't retake), that i'm suprised that i'm actually telling you this!

your golden, and so is your dat score

good luck,

i have VERY similar stats to you (except you DAT is slightly higher), and have allready recieved two interview invites,

best of luck :luck:

but see, i haven't even received interview invites yet....and my printouts were mailed aug 13. :(

treasure_island said:
but see, i haven't even received interview invites yet....and my printouts were mailed aug 13. :(

mines were mailed out Aug 4th, so be pateint - how did you do in undergrad? did you have a sharp increase in grade trend? Why the low GPA with the stellar DAT (if you don't mind me asking)

Members don't see this ad :)
iambatman said:
mines were mailed out Aug 4th, so be pateint - how did you do in undergrad? did you have a sharp increase in grade trend? Why the low GPA with the stellar DAT (if you don't mind me asking)

there's really no pattern to my term gpas. i started w/ 3.25, then had 2.6, then 3.1, 3.4, 2.9, 3.2, 3.1, 3.4, and last quarter i had 2.9 :eek:

all averaged 2.95/3.1

i don't know why i scored high on dat, because when i practiced w/ kaplan i always got scored ranging from 15-20, maybe i got lucky??
and i also feel the dat i took was much easier than the classes i took at my school (univ. of calif, irvine)

treasure_island said:
i also feel the dat i took was much easier than the classes i took at my school (univ. of calif, irvine)

your being modest. you kicked ass on the dat - and you will get an invitation for it. great job. let me know when you get that first invite - spread the joy!