should i retake??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeeb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello i just took my test like 12 hrs ago and i was just wondering if i should retake, or even if i have a chance with my scores...

PAT- 18
Bio-18
Gchem-16
Ochem- 21
RC- 19
QR- 16
GPA 3.1

I would really appreciate the advice..thankS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

mikeeb said:
Hello i just took my test like 12 hrs ago and i was just wondering if i should retake, or even if i have a chance with my scores...

PAT- 18
Bio-18
Gchem-16
Ochem- 21
RC- 19
QR- 16
GPA 3.1

Yes you have a chance. How good of a chance depends on the others aspects of your application. What is your Science GPA and extracurriculars. Do you have dental experiences and where do you plan on applying?

If you dont care which dental school you will end up, you have a chance at some of the lower ranked schools. If you want to go to UOP, UCLA, Harvard, you must retake.

You can apply with the scores you have now and study in the mean time and take the DAT again. It takes AADSAS over a month to mail your application out. If you do decide to take it over, study hard, everyday and make sure to focus on your weakest points. Also, write a letter to all your schools telling them that you are going to take the DAT again.

but does this matter much depending the gpa you have though? Even if it doesn't matter what school(lower rank) someone is applying for?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, i am impressed with how fast the responds are here. I really appreciate all the advice, thanks for all the feedback!!!

mikeeb said:

PAT- 18
Bio-18
Gchem-16
Ochem- 21
RC- 19
QR- 16
GPA 3.1

If you want to have more security in getting in this year, It would be worth the consideration to retake it. I have similar stats as you but I'm willing to take the risk of not retaking it. I don't even want to think about retaking it if I absolutely don't have to....and with your scores, i'd say you performed well enough to justify not retaking it again. I applied early so I hope that is to my advantage. I have two interviews so far and crossing my fingers for more! So, basically, it comes down to what your risk tolerance is.

Generallee, what schools did you get interviews from? congrads!

mideeb, could you tell us when you submitted and if your app was sent yet?

emthichrangdep said:
Generallee, what schools did you get interviews from? congrads!

mideeb, could you tell us when you submitted and if your app was sent yet?

Hey, once again thanks for all the informative replies i really appreciate them. I have not applied yet, and i have decided to apply for the 2007 term. I want to apply right when the applications are available. However in the mean time i plan to intern and get some more job experience. Anyways, I am still open for your opinions, thanks again =D and good luck to all of yall.
-mike