SHILPA SHETTY and UK Big Brother

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Shilpa became from an unknown face to a star in Europe in a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shilpa became from an unknown face to a star in Europe in a week.

the power of modern day media, and you know she's gonna have a lotta offers lined up after she leaves the house. she's the new heroine of indian cinema.

i highly doubt it. she's not exactly a great actress. she's tall and has a good figure (minus face...) sorry, i'm just telling you how i feel. this was her sort of last attempt at fame and money. i believe they gave her 300K pounds.

i highly doubt it. she's not exactly a great actress. she's tall and has a good figure (minus face...) sorry, i'm just telling you how i feel. this was her sort of last attempt at fame and money. i believe they gave her 300K pounds.

well, she's won. "Shetty has hired British celebrity publicist Max Clifford to help develop her career in Britain. He estimated Sunday that she could earn 1 million pounds ($2 million, euro1.5 million) in the next year from new contracts after appearing on the show." and that's just for starters, not to mention what she'll earn in india and the unknown possibilities that'll arise as a result of the opportunities that'll come her way now.

guess CBB worked out well for her.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/28/big.brother.ap/index.html

The second person to be benefited by being a victim of racism in form of publicity after Gandhiji??:p

I have seen some of her movies. Her acting is pathetic.

that was exactly my point. the girl is pathetic, her acting is pathetic...i guess she "won" by being a victim. but believe me, once the western media sees her "acting", they will also soon realize why she couldn't really make it in india and had to please the british raj for two seconds. i'm by no means justifying the racism that went on in the show...but just find it pathetic that this is how she got attention.

gwen... I totally agree with you about how pathetic shilpa shetty is.... and I don't even watch bollywood movies.

nonetheless.... I'd still hit it.

that was exactly my point. the girl is pathetic, her acting is pathetic...i guess she "won" by being a victim. but believe me, once the western media sees her "acting", they will also soon realize why she couldn't really make it in india and had to please the british raj for two seconds. i'm by no means justifying the racism that went on in the show...but just find it pathetic that this is how she got attention.

gwen are we talking about the same western media that made william hung a household name? but I get your point.