sep 19 , 21,28 score thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcat 95

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,my test is on sep 28 but i want every one to post there score and suggestion for other's help. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL . NAIL IT:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh....I didn't do so great. Average in everything except math.... I felt like I would have had just enough tie to read all the questions ...but not do them... I i was only half way through with math when there were like 7:00 left and that was with skipping some. Then I panicked and Didn't even guess on the ones I didn't get to or skipped....def doing it over for the math....but here's mine

Verbal: 423/82
bio:429/87
Reading:415/69 :( thought I did better than that
QA:396/34 whomp whomp whomp
Chem:422/77 ok considering it was a lot of ochem and I haven't taken that
Composite:76

I'm going to retake (even tho it won't count for this year) but stillngoing to apply. You think I have any chance with that low low score(I know I'm just average everywhere else) just wondering how much that math will kill me...oh I have. 4.0 GPA in my math courses...just not fast at all :(

A 76 composite is not average by any stretch of the imagination. Neither is 82 in Verbal, 87 in Bio, and 77 in Chemistry. By definition of percentile ranking, 50 is the mean. Provided that you have a good GPA, I'd say you did more than good enough to get into most pharmacy schools.

You're probably comparing yourself to what you are seeing on the boards. I'm almost completely sure that not everyone here is scoring 90+. You are only seeing the results of people who decided to post their results. 76 is quite good, don't knock yourself. :)

As I sit here hating myself for that math score you made me feel a little better :) hopefully I can still get an interview or two so I can sell myself aside from my qa score. Not losing all hope yet.

Unless the school you are trying to apply to requires a minimum on QA, I really wouldn't worry too much about it. It's definitely feasible for you to get into a Pharmacy School. People have gotten in with far worse scores than you did - search around the forums if you want some examples.

Studied for a week

Definitely retaking it. I have no idea how I scored so low for reading comp. Does anyone have any tips on how to do well for that part? It almost seemed to me like almost all of the answers were correct so obviously I am doing something wrong.

Last edited:
430 overall: 91 composite here. Math section was unforgiving. I am now certain the only thing that can prepare you for that section is a mathematics degree itself. Very happy though. 2 months study time.
Not sure what the difficulty level is for any given PCAT exam but I thought the 8am test I took today went as follows:

Verbal - same difficutly compared to pearson practice exams.
Biology - slightly more difficult compared to pearson practice.
Chemistry - about the same difficulty as pearson practice.
RC - same difficulty as pearson practice
Quant - Pearson practice tests are a joke compared to the real thing. They turn every knob imaginable to max difficulty. Think Princess Bride when they turn the 'drain life' knob to 50.

430 overall: 91 composite here. Math section was unforgiving. I am now certain the only thing that can prepare you for that section is a mathematics degree itself. Very happy though. 2 months study time.
Not sure what the difficulty level is for any given PCAT exam but I thought the 8am test I took today went as follows:

Quant - Pearson practice tests are a joke compared to the real thing. They turn every knob imaginable to max difficulty. Think Princess Bride when they turn the 'drain life' knob to 50.

Hahaha, that's not good news for me. I find the Pearson Practice Tests difficult enough in the QA section. I only get 33% of the Calc questions correct, despite the fact that I got an A in Calc I over the summer. Yet somehow in the Practice tests I score between 60th-80th percentile.

Well, seeing as how I generally do good in the other sections, I hope they can compensate for my relative weakness in QA. I actually do need a 90+ composite, because my GPA is weak.

Last edited:

I am glad someone else out there thought math was terrible....I'm usually pretty decent but not at that speed.....my friend got a 97 in math....WTH. She must be a human computer! :). Guess I know who my tutor will be

Hahaha, that's not good news for me. I find the Pearson Practice Tests difficult enough in the QA section. I only get 33% of the Calc questions correct, despite the fact that I got an A in Calc I over the summer. Yet somehow in the Practice tests I score between 60th-80th percentile.

Well, seeing as how I generally do good in the other sections, I hope they can compensate for my weakness in QA.

I took all 3 pearson practice tests and I got 31/40 right on all 3 tests for the math sections. Each time the score came out to 78-98% for my range. My % score today was 70%. Every other section, I fell in the range of my practice tests. The practice tests are NOT a good indicator of how you will do in QA. Well, imo of course.... and Im biased and bitter so take it for what it's worth :)

Verbal - 86
Biology - 99
RC - 94
QA - 85
Chemistry - 93
Composite - 99

I agree with everyone, QA was a killer. I'm pretty happy about my score especially since I guessed randomly on some of them before I ran out of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal - 86
Biology - 99
RC - 94
QA - 85
Chemistry - 93
Composite - 99

I agree with everyone, QA was a killer. I'm pretty happy about my score especially since I guessed randomly on some of them before I ran out of time.

Congrats! How'd you prepare for it if you don't mind me asking..

Congrats! How'd you prepare for it if you don't mind me asking..

Verbal - 86
Biology - 99
RC - 94
QA - 85
Chemistry - 93
Composite - 99

I relied primarily on Dr. Collins and the Pearson tests. Starting August, I would go through one or two sections of a practice test every day and review the the problems that I missed thoroughly. The week before the test, I went through all the missed problems again. The key is to start early, and do a little at a time. Do not cram - trust me. I did that first time I took the test with Kaplan and REA and I ended up with a 64 composite score.

I learned most of the biology and chemistry stuff in my refresher courses which I have taken recently.

Last edited:
hey guys, tose of you that did poorly, are you retaking it in january? i scheduled my test for january because i did horrible in my July one...do you think schools will be ok with that?

Verbal - 86
Biology - 99
RC - 94
QA - 85
Chemistry - 93
Composite - 99

I relied primarily on Dr. Collins and the Pearson tests. Starting August, I would go through one or two sections of a practice test every day and review the the problems that I missed thoroughly. The week before the test, I went through all the missed problems again. The key is to start early, and do a little at a time. Do not cram - trust me. I did that first time I took the test with Kaplan and REA and I ended up with a 64 composite score.

I learned most of the biology and chemistry stuff in my refresher courses which I have taken recently.

My method of preparing has been similar to yours. I hope that I can do as good as you have.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, tomorrow it's showtime for us who are on the 28th. Best of luck to you, and to myself. May all of you score 99th percentile in EVERY subtest. :D

I am taking it tomorrow too. Im super nervous about it! I haven't been able to study the way that I would have liked to. I just had a baby in May so its been really hard to get time to study without getting side tracked. O well! Hopefully I can make a miracle happen!

Good luck to everybody tomorrow!

This may be a silly question, but are these official scores? I only recieved the preliminaries from the testing center.
No. The preliminary score cannot be used as the official score. The preliminary score will more likely than not end up being the official score when they are released along with the writing subtest scores approximately 5 weeks from testing date.

The preliminary score should accurately reflect the official score.

Verbal Ability - 423 / 82
Biology - 466 / 99
Reading Comprehension - 400 / 45 (Ouch?)
Quantitative Ability - 428 / 83
Chemistry - 443 / 93

Composite - 432 / 92

VICTORY!!!

Too bad I couldn't join the club, though. :( Damn Reading Comprehension. Almost makes me wanna retake it.

Man, I never expected to get a 99 in Biology though. The Pearson tests said that my Bio was weaker than my Chemistry. I didn't expect an 83 in QA, either. I was actually singing Bohemian Rhapsody in my head during that entire section of the test. xD

I think the reason that I did so poorly on RC was that I was kinda tired after the other parts of the test. I wasn't even allowed to get my full 15-minute break, because the people misunderstood me and continued my timer when I was really just walking back into the test room to grab my locker key. :(
There was nothing they could do to stop it.

But I still got a 92. I can't complain.

Last edited:
Verbal Ability - 423 / 82
Biology - 466 / 99
Reading Comprehension - 400 / 45 (Ouch?)
Quantitative Ability - 428 / 83
Chemistry - 443 / 93

Composite - 432 / 92

VICTORY!!!

Too bad I couldn't join the club, though. :( Damn Reading Comprehension. Almost makes me wanna retake it.

That's a very good score, DH! I was pulling for you big time, mostly because I could tell how hard you were working. I know you wanted the 99, but a 92 is still an excellent score. Assuming you have the rest of your application in order (decent GPA, extracurriculars, etc.), you've just given yourself a GREAT shot at getting into your pharmacy school of choice, which was the whole point in the first place.

Time to take a load off and celebrate. First virtual beer is on me! :highfive:

VA 68
Bio 94
RC 57
QA 64
Chem 98 < my strong suite for sure
Composite 88

The composite is good, but its all thanks to bio and chem. What do you guys think? should I retake??
Oh yeah and my GPA is 3.85.
I don't have a BS though just did all the pre-reqs
I've worked at a pharmacy for about 6 months also

Last edited:
Thanks, rjosh. Thanks for rooting for me. xD A beer sounds very good right now, actually.

Unfortunately, though, my other stats aren't nearly as impressive. That's the reason why I was working so hard on the PCAT. I've pretty much dedicated my LIFE to it for the last two months.

I have no pharmacy experience. I've been working retail for about 4-5 years now on average from 20-30 hours per week. My GPA is a mediocre 2.9, though I've made huge improvements over the last year. My last two semesters were 4.0's, and the semester before that was 3.7.

As for my letters of recommendation, I have no idea how good they are, because I'm not allowed to open it up and look at it. I have one from a physics professor who told me it was "very good", and one coming from a chemistry professor. I will also get one from my employer who will probably write up a good letter for me - if nothing else, my work ethic has been great. During the three years I've worked there, I missed work only two days.

Anyway, I hope the PCAT and my recent improvements in grades will get the attention of the adcoms.

Verbal: 86%
Biology: 98%
Reading comp: 45% (WTF?!)
Quantitative Ability: 94%
Chemistry: 91%

Composite: 93%

Usually, my reading comprehension is my strong point. WTF?! :( IDK what happened. Did anyone else have this kind of problem?

Also, since I already started receiving interviews, will my scores get to all the schools on time? Will Cali schools really ignore my PCAT completely? My GPA is only 3.3 because I screwed around my first two years.

Last edited:
VA 443/95
Bio 447/96
RC 436/91
QA 435/89 --- don't know how I managed that. I straight up guessed on 10 because I ran out of time and guessed on another 10 because by that time I was so over the exam that I didn't feel like working the problems out.
Chem 439/91
Composite 440/97

Hopefully this will be good enough to offset my ~2.5-2.7 GPA.

VA 443/95
Bio 447/96
RC 436/91
QA 435/89 --- don't know how I managed that. I straight up guessed on 10 because I ran out of time and guessed on another 10 because by that time I was so over the exam that I didn't feel like working the problems out.
Chem 439/91
Composite 440/97

Hopefully this will be good enough to offset my ~2.5-2.7 GPA.

Wow! Great job! :) I'm sure as long as your last year's GPA was decent, you'll get into pharm school! If you don't mind me asking, how long did you study for?

Did my first try today also:

VA - 478/99
Bio - 417/75
RC - 417/72
QA - 434/88
Chem - 455/96

Composite - 440/97

Dont know how I did this well. I swore it felt like I only knew about half the answers after I got done!!! But, I am not going to take again. I think I got high enough on the 2 that really matter: RC and Chem.

Verbal 86
Biology 71
RC 83
QA 93
Chemistry 68
Composite 86

Although my chem and bio were a little lower than I expected, I don't think I'm gonna retake.

Did my first try today also:

VA - 478/99
Bio - 417/75
RC - 417/72
QA - 434/88
Chem - 455/96

Composite - 440/97

Dont know how I did this well. I swore it felt like I only knew about half the answers after I got done!!! But, I am not going to take again. I think I got high enough on the 2 that really matter: RC and Chem.

Congrats! :thumbup:

Took the pcat today,

VA 53
Bio 80
RC 65
QA 86
Chem 88
Composite 80

I was quite surprised at my score because I felt I lost 20 points of IQ when I was done..

QA was definitely tough, I have no idea how I managed a 86 :laugh:

took the exam today for the first time and got DOMINATED. feel so bad...

VA: 77
BIO: 94
RC: 28
QA: 16
CH: 58
COMPOSITE: 60

I studied for 2 weeks using the Collins material, but I never actually finished all the exams. I didn't have time to master the material. QA was like "WHAAAAT?!?!". While taking it I looked up at the time and saw that I had about a minute or less remaining and I was on question 28/48. I started guessing and got to about question 38 before time expired. I did the same with the chem section had to guess on about 10 and unanswered 3 completely.

I just wished they offered another exam in november/decemer instead of NEXT YEAR!

Congrats! :thumbup:

Thanks R2. The PCAT was the first time in a while that I really, really felt stupid. Until I received my printout though :D. I know my weaknesses in BIO but the 72 in RC, WTF? I probably overthought the questions. It always seemed that there were 2 correct answers and I had to pick which one was slightly more correct.

Either way, I am not going to take again and risk dropping any scores. I will just get my packet finished up and wait for interview notices to be sent out in a few months... :love:

Just finished with my pcat...did better than my first attempt in which I got a 60 composite. I'm relatively happy with my results however I feel i could have done much much better.

Verbal - 40 <----pretty sad about this, did worst this time around
Biology - 87
RC - 81
Math - 64
Chemistry - 88
Composite - 79 <---sooooo close to an 80 :(

I don't think I'm going to take it again however a higher score would help me out a lot...My GPA is only around 3.1-3.2 :(

I'll have my BS in bio hopefully by this spring...how's my chances look?

Just finished with my pcat...did better than my first attempt in which I got a 60 composite. I'm relatively happy with my results however I feel i could have done much much better.

Verbal - 40 <----pretty sad about this, did worst this time around
Biology - 87
RC - 81
Math - 64
Chemistry - 88
Composite - 79 <---sooooo close to an 80 :(

I don't think I'm going to take it again however a higher score would help me out a lot...My GPA is only around 3.1-3.2 :(

I'll have my BS in bio hopefully by this spring...how's my chances look?

79% is still pretty good and your GPA isn't too bad. :) I'm sure you'll be fine! Did you start applying for this cycle or are you applying for next?

I just took the PCAT today. My scores are:

VA 400/48
Bio 411/66
RC 408/58
QA 418/71
Chem 418/72
Composite 411/65

My GPA is somewhere between 2.85 - 3.0

I have a couple years of retail experience and soon might be getting a job at a hospital pharmacy if things work out.
What are some good schools that will accept me with these scores and GPA?
Should I retake the PCAT?

Took the PCAT for the first time last night.

Verbal: 412/68
Biology: 407/60 yikes:eek:
Reading Comp: 411/63 thought I did better but 2 answer choices seemed right on most questions.
Quant: 438/91 :)
Chemistry: 426/81
Composite: 419/79 hopefully the official score is 1 point higher so it can be a 80.

Somewhat pleased with my scores considering I didn't put as much effort as I'd liked studying for the test and crammed at the end.

I plan to apply this application cycle with that score and around a 3.2-3.3gpa. I also have 200+ volunteer hours at a hospital pharmacy. My pharmacist recommendations will be good but it's going to be a challenge with my professors since I don't know them too well. Anyone think I have a reasonable shot at Texas Tech(preferred) or Texas A&M? I would like to apply to UH but my gpa is a little on the down side at the moment but I'm working on increasing for a possible reapplication process next year.

Thanks and congrats to all those who got the score they wanted!

So, clearly, my score isn't the best in the entire world, but I know it's pretty decent. I'm applying this cycle so if this isn't good enough I guess I'll retake in January, but honestly, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around spend $200 more dollars on this test. Here's how it improved from July:

July 20

Verbal - 409/63
Biology - 408/61
Reading - 420/76
Quant - 418/71
Chemistry - 412/64
Composite - 413/69

September 28

Verbal - 437/92
Biology - 421/80
Reading - 419/75
Quant - 402/45
Chemistry - 415/68
Composite - 419/79

So I went up 10 in my composite. The Chem is still low because I haven't finished Organic 1 yet and I think I let myself trip over Gen stuff! Also... the Quant was really low this time. I was so nervous before the exam that I lost my breakfast (tried to make that polite as possible) and should have forced myself to try to eat something again. I'm hypoglycemic and by the time Quant came around, I was so hungry and my blood sugar was so low that I had a wicked headache and was starting to get shaky and light-headed. I had 15 unanswered with a minute and a half left because my pacing was understandably suckish... so I bubbled in Cs and left it.

But I got a 71 in Quant last time, so clearly I'm not a total idiot at it. If only I had been able to repeat that score, I would have been in the 80s! :mad:

Oh well, I'm sure some pharmacy school will scoop me up with a 79. I have a 3.6 GPA, 7.5 years of experience and a BA in two completely unrelated fields... I'll stand out in some way! :xf:

VA 400/48
Bio 411/66
RC 408/58
QA 418/71
Chem 418/72
Composite 411/65

I have a couple years of retail experience and soon might be getting a job at a hospital pharmacy if things work out.

I would retake it if I were you. Your GPA is below average and so is your PCAT. The retail experience will definitely help you out but getting a improved PCAT score will certainly boost your chances! :)

I took the PCAT yesterday for the first time and this is what I got:

verbal:50:eek:
Biology: 96
RC: 25 :eek::eek::eek::eek:
QA: 90
Chemistry:85

Composite: 80

I studied about 2 months but didn't study for english at all so I kinda expected my enligh score would be lower but didn't expect them to be this much low...

I am kinda surprised that my composite came out to be 80 though with low verbal and RC.. so I am assuming that they weigh science sections more than english ones...

ANyways, i am planning to rewrite it in January bc the school I am applying to has specific requirments in each section which it has to be over 30.
As I didn't fulfill their requirment in the reading section I think I must rewrite it.. but I found one thing that is bit odd on this website. One girl got accepted to the school I am applying this year with composite of 83 and RC of 24:confused::confused:

so that means i still have slight chance with my pcat score of yesterday??
I don't know... what do you guys think??? it's probably best to rewrite it, right???

I took the PCAT yesterday for the first time and this is what I got:

verbal:50:eek:
Biology: 96
RC: 25 :eek::eek::eek::eek:
QA: 90
Chemistry:85

Composite: 80

I studied about 2 months but didn't study for english at all so I kinda expected my enligh score would be lower but didn't expect them to be this much low...

I am kinda surprised that my composite came out to be 80 though with low verbal and RC.. so I am assuming that they weigh science sections more than english ones...

ANyways, i am planning to rewrite it in January bc the school I am applying to has specific requirments in each section which it has to be over 30.
As I didn't fulfill their requirment in the reading section I think I must rewrite it.. but I found one thing that is bit odd on this website. One girl got accepted to the school I am applying this year with composite of 83 and RC of 24:confused::confused:

so that means i still have slight chance with my pcat score of yesterday??
I don't know... what do you guys think??? it's probably best to rewrite it, right???

Apply and retake in Jan. Many schools accept the Jan PCAT. IMHO, 83 is awesome, but if your school is quirky.....it couldn't hurt.

Yesterday was my first time taking it as well. I need some advice guys. Here are my scores:

Verbal: 461/99
Biology: 430/88
RC: 425/82
QA: 383/15:(
Chemistry: 422/77

Composite: 424/85

My gpa is around 3.5 and I've got a degree in radio/tv communications. I have about 2.5 years of pharm tech experience and should have good lor. I'm applying to UAMS in Arkansas and the minimum composite is 30 with the average around 75.

Overall I did better than I had expected to when I started studying for this thing 2 months ago. I knew I would score lower in QA but I didn't think it would be that low. I've gotten A's in all of my math courses but it has been awhile since I took them. I can do math, I just wasn't prepared for what I would have to do in such little time. I spent most of my time and energy preparing for the chemistry section since I'm just now taking organic chem and it has been about 7 years since I took gen chem.

So what do you guys think? Should I retake it in January and focus on bringing my QA up or just be happy with the 85 composite? (If my school doesn't require a minimum score on each section)

VA 400/48
Bio 411/66
RC 408/58
QA 418/71
Chem 418/72
Composite 411/65

I have the same pcat but 3.97 GPA.. so I would suggest retaking it..