sep 19 , 21,28 score thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcat 95

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,my test is on sep 28 but i want every one to post there score and suggestion for other's help. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL . NAIL IT:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

congra!!!!! did dr collins helped u in all ? frank

I used Collin's too + Kaplan's for general review.

Collin's was excellent for gen chem, bio, and verbal - definitely lacking in org chem and quant.

Kaplan's had very strong (and long) bio & gen chem sections - also lacking in org chem and quant, they don't even bother with verbal.

IT'S OVER!!!!!!

Verbal: 423 / 82
Biology: 483 / 99
Reading: 403 / 50 LOL WHAT? So much for feeling prepared.
Quantitative: 420 / 74 JESUS THAT WAS HARD
Chemistry: 455 / 96

Composite: 437 / 95

WOOOOOTT!!!!! TOTOAOWTOAWOTAOSFOASFOARS:love::thumbup::):sleep::p:rolleyes::cool:
Omg! U did amazing! Congrats :) I just took the test too but did great did only bio n chem :( ? Lol

Do u mind sharing how u studied???? Plz :) I wanna try to take it agn in Jan n improve in the other areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal 390/32
Biology 465/99
Reading 403/50
Quantitative 442/93
Chemistry 439/91
Composite 428/89

I am expecting 2.0 from my essays.
I had a question.... i score pretty low on verbal and reading and i am also probably going to bad on essay... English is not my first language... My GPA is 3.92
Are the scores good enough to get into a good pharmacy school?

Ha you're good!!I got an interview at the U of MN with a 65composite.. so I can guarantee that you will for sure get interviews..

Verbal 419/77
Biology 429/87
Reading Comp 421/77
Quantitative Ability 460/98
Chemistry 426/81
Composite 431/92

what I did for QA was go through all the problems - if i thought it would take to long i would flag it and move on. ended up with about 5 minutes left to go back and look at flagged questions (~10). For the longer ones, would either try to plug in numbers and see if it worked or narrowed it down to two and guessed.

for chem - i have had 3 weeks of orgo I, so pretty happy with that, focused on dr. collins orgo sections and nomenclature

Would highly recommend Dr. Collins - there were exact questions on verbal and bio section, and similar questions on quant and chem

all i used was dr. collins, 3 pearson practice exams, and kaplan for bio mainly

I have Dr. Collins material and I will be taking the test in January 2012 for the first time. I am taking Organic 1 right now and have taken Bio 1, Bio2, ANP1, ANP2, Microbiology, Calculus already - do you suggest looking for any updates from Collins or use 2011 updates and I should be fine

Verbal 419/77
Biology 429/87
Reading Comp 421/77
Quantitative Ability 460/98
Chemistry 426/81
Composite 431/92

what I did for QA was go through all the problems - if i thought it would take to long i would flag it and move on. ended up with about 5 minutes left to go back and look at flagged questions (~10). For the longer ones, would either try to plug in numbers and see if it worked or narrowed it down to two and guessed.

for chem - i have had 3 weeks of orgo I, so pretty happy with that, focused on dr. collins orgo sections and nomenclature

Would highly recommend Dr. Collins - there were exact questions on verbal and bio section, and similar questions on quant and chem

all i used was dr. collins, 3 pearson practice exams, and kaplan for bio mainly

I have Dr. Collins material and I will be taking the test in January 2012 for the first time. I am taking Organic 1 right now and have taken Bio 1, Bio2, ANP1, ANP2, Microbiology, Calculus already - do you suggest looking for any updates from Collins or use 2011 updates and I should be fine

I did not have any updates - used original Dr. Collins, you will be fine without it
I am also only 3 weeks into ANP1 and Micro so you should be in better shape than me

My scores:

Verbal 95
Biology 98
Reading Comp 56 :thumbdown:
Quantitative Ability 71
Chemistry 98
Composite 93

It has been 12 years since I've been to school. And I have never taken Microbiology or Anatomy. I studied hard for 2 months. Shouldn't be a surprise, but studying will pay off! I bet I would've have gotten a comp in the low 50s without studying. I exclusively used Collin's, Kaplan (big blue book, not the book purchased at Barnes & Noble), Cliff's Biology notes and the Pearson practice tests.

I'm ticked at myself for my low quant score. I simply didn't time myself correctly. I wasn't able to answer 5-6 questions. Quant is at the end of the exam and I was burned out. IMO, Collin's and Kaplin quant were too easy compared to the exam.

My scores:

Verbal 95
Biology 98
Reading Comp 56 :thumbdown:
Quantitative Ability 71
Chemistry 98
Composite 93

It has been 12 years since I've been to school. And I have never taken Microbiology or Anatomy. I studied hard for 2 months. Shouldn't be a surprise, but studying will pay off! I bet I would've have gotten a comp in the low 50s without studying. I exclusively used Collin's, Kaplan (big blue book, not the book purchased at Barnes & Noble), Cliff's Biology notes and the Pearson practice tests.

I'm ticked at myself for my low quant score. I simply didn't time myself correctly. I wasn't able to answer 5-6 questions. Quant is at the end of the exam and I was burned out. IMO, Collin's and Kaplin quant were too easy compared to the exam.

Good job on the composite. :)

How do you feel about how Quant in the Pearson Practice tests compares to the PCAT? I find the Pearson tests quite difficult in that section. Apparently, I only get 33% of the calculus questions correct. =/

Good job on the composite. :)

How do you feel about how Quant in the Pearson Practice tests compares to the PCAT? I find the Pearson tests quite difficult in that section. Apparently, I only get 33% of the calculus questions correct. =/

I do not want to cause alarm. But I thought quant in the real test was much harder than Pearson or Collins. I thought Pearson was more representative of the real test. IMO, the questions were "thinking" questions but you didn't have time to think! You had to read a paragraph and know EXACTLY how to solve the problem. It became obvious to me that the quant section was really used to determine how quickly and accurately you can think on your feet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a lot of people did good! Hopefully that happens again tomorrow. Retaking and last time I got lower than 50 -_-

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here, I thought I'd post my scores from yesterday, I'm a little disappointed I didn't reach an 80 but did well in the Biology and Chemistry sections, do pharmacy schools (like UF) look at those individual scores a little?

VA 416/73
Bio 425/84
RC 411/63
QA 402/45
Chem 434/88
Composite: 77

I'm a preprofessional biology major and have about a 3.15 science GPA, 3.3 overall, but I am a pharmacy volunteer, a TA, and am involved with my pre-pharmacy club. Does anyone think my record is good enough for getting into UF and/or USF? I didn't think it would be much help to retake the PCAT again, last year my composite was a 67, so I'm happy I improved (also, do we have the same PCAT CID from a year ago if I took it last October, and if PharmCAS keeps those scores and sends them to the schools? I don't know if that were true and if that would help or hinder my application). Thanks, congrats on everyone else's scores, I was hoping to get an 80 but I wasn't too far off, but still :(

Hello to all,
Below are my scores for my exam I took earlier this year:

VA 45 / 398
Bio 54 / 404
Chem 91 / 439
RC 28 / 389 :scared:
QA 74 / 420

Composite 64 / 410

Should I or should I not my fellow aspiring pharmacists?

September 19th, 8AM

Verbal 416/73
Biology 440/94
Reading 420/76
Quantitative 466/98
Chemistry 434/88

Composite 435/94

Studied the whole summer for this test so I'm glad it paid off.:D

English is not my first language so I'm satisfied with my verbal and reading. Though it may not sound like a reasonable way to study, I memorized all of the vocabs from Word Smart. This hardly helped me in analogy, but helped immensely in sentence completion and the reading part to some extent. I used to get 40-50% on diagnostic/practice tests so it's a great improvement for me.

With Bio and Chem I would study Kaplan first to get a general idea, and then practice with Collins. With Collins, it has so many problems that you'll be bound to notice your weaknesses and strengths as you do its problem sets. Once I figured out which areas I needed to study more, I referred back to the Kaplan book or websites with videos such as the Khan Academy.

With Quantitative, I honestly think nothing helped as much as the Achiever software did. Kaplan's and Collin's QA are just too easy compared to the real test. From my materials Achiever was the closest to the real one in terms of its difficulty and style of QA. It also helped me time myself a lot. As Achiever is meant to be significantly harder than the real one, it did over-prepare me, I won't lie, but I think it's always better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.

Lastly, I finished up with Pearsons.

If you guys have any questions let me know! :)

Last edited:
cong!! mochoi , my test on 28 so does in test organic chem 2 was more or organic 1 with some basic nomenclature? did u seen any collins on test?

September 19th, 8AM

Verbal 416/73
Biology 440/94
Reading 420/76
Quantitative 466/98
Chemistry 434/88

Composite 435/94

Studied the whole summer for this test so I'm glad it paid off.:D

English is not my first language so I'm satisfied with my verbal and reading. Though it may not sound like a reasonable way to study, I memorized all of the vocabs from Word Smart. This hardly helped me in analogy, but helped immensely in sentence completion and the reading part to some extent. I used to get 40-50% on diagnostic/practice tests so it's a great improvement for me.

With Bio and Chem I would study Kaplan first to get a general idea, and then practice with Collins. With Collins, it has so many problems that you'll be bound to notice your weaknesses and strengths as you do its problem sets. Once I figured out which areas I needed to study more, I referred back to the Kaplan book or websites with videos such as the Khan Academy.

With Quantitative, I honestly think nothing helped as much as the Achiever software did. Kaplan's and Collin's QA are just too easy compared to the real test. From my materials Achiever was the closest to the real one in terms of its difficulty and style of QA. It also helped me time myself a lot. As Achiever is meant to be significantly harder than the real one, it did over-prepare me, I won't lie, but I think it's always better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.

Lastly, I finished up with Pearsons.

If you guys have any questions let me know! :)

Congrats on your scores!

cong!! mochoi , my test on 28 so does in test organic chem 2 was more or organic 1 with some basic nomenclature? did u seen any collins on test?

Hey, I only reviewed my organic chem 1 notes due to lack of time and I still turned out okay. I would definitely recommend reviewing Collin's notes too. I think they were the best sources for bio and chem. Good luck! :)

1. My preliminaries:
VA 77
Bio 61
RC 82
QA 75
Chem 91
Comp 83

2. Are the preliminary scores going to be the official scores pretty much or does it change a bit?

3. Not to sound sour or spoil the party but I feel like people who get 90's post on here a lot and other people don't. So either everyone's doing very well or only the people who do well post. I'm happy with my score but obviously I wish I could have gotten 90's.

4. Out of curiosity, how do they score the percentiles so fast? I mean, who are they comparing our scores to? Last year? July?

5. A little comment: My scores are no reflection whatsoever of how I felt I did. The sections I thought I bombed I did well and vice versa. What would normally be my weak subjects, I scored high. Weird.

VA 90
Bio 94
RC 71
QA 92
Chem 95
Comp 94

Eh just finished taking the test. Don't know if my score will count though, I thought I turned my phone off and by habit grabbed it and it turned on. Lady filed an incident report and they let me in to finish the test so we'll see what happens. So stupid, just had a massive brain fart and the phone wasn't on for more than 2 seconds. Threw me off my game for the quant and RC section.

VA 99
Bio 87
RC 60
QA 88
Chem 81
Comp 92

Studied the whole collins packet in 5 days and did one pearson practice test! What a ride! Thought I did so bad I almost no-scored, but the bit the bullet and pressed yes :D

VA 90
Bio 94
RC 71
QA 92
Chem 95
Comp 94

Eh just finished taking the test. Don't know if my score will count though, I thought I turned my phone off and by habit grabbed it and it turned on. Lady filed an incident report and they let me in to finish the test so we'll see what happens. So stupid, just had a massive brain fart and the phone wasn't on for more than 2 seconds. Threw me off my game for the quant and RC section.

I thought you weren't allowed to bring anything into the testing area?

You're not, but you are allowed to bring stuff into the testing place and leave it in a locker. My advice to avoid situations like this is to leave EVERYTHING IN YOUR CAR OR AT HOME. The only thing I brought into the testing center were my car keys and a sandwich that I didn't get a chance to eat (I felt I was in the zone after the bio and chem sections so I only used like 2 mins of my break but looking at my reading comp and quant scores maybe I should have eaten that sandwich :p).

Yea, it was during the break time. I went to grab my smokes and out of habit grabbed my phone with it. By the time the light in my brain came back on, I tried to put my phone back in the locker and the lady in the testing center filed an incident report.

Let us know the outcome!

Yea, it was during the break time. I went to grab my smokes and out of habit grabbed my phone with it. By the time the light in my brain came back on, I tried to put my phone back in the locker and the lady in the testing center filed an incident report.

VA 99
Bio 87
RC 60
QA 88
Chem 81
Comp 92

Studied the whole collins packet in 5 days and did one pearson practice test! What a ride! Thought I did so bad I almost no-scored, but the bit the bullet and pressed yes :D

I"m so glad to hear that you did great on the exam! You only took 5 days?! how did you maximize the use of those 5 days on Dr. Collin's material?? My exam iso n the 28th and i feel like i'm not prepared at all!!! Any advice would be helpful since you only used Dr. Collins and one practice exam. :)

who has taken pcat : how many u can flag , is there a limit?

You can flag every question if you want to. When you get to the end of the section (or click a button that says something about a review screen or whatever) you'll be taken to a 3X16 grid. In each box it says "Question X" with a little flag outline next to it. If you flagged it, the flag is filled in with blue otherwise it's just the outline. It also says if you haven't answered a question next to that and it also tells you if you completely skipped the question and didn't even look at the page.

To be polite, I'll say that you have a lot of studying to do regarding naming compounds. That condensed formula "(CH3)C-C" is an extremely basic structure that you see in Organic 1, alkane nomenclature. It's a t-butyl group, therefore, it's the name. You can NOT have a 1,2-dimethyl situation on a straight chain alkane, period.

Seriously, study your Organic Chemistry textbook regarding naming structures. If you've taken Organic 1 (and Organic 2, according to your previous post), these are things which you should know if you expect to do well on this concept.
btw .. i got 95

Hello everyone,
I am so happy for you all that you did good on your pcat this week... i took mine on the 19th and i did terrible.. these are my scores
Math 45
verbal 45
chem 88
bio 71
reading 19
I studied dr.collins notes and the biology section of the kaplan book... i am certainly retaking my exam next January and i would really appreciate tips and advises from you all on what should I do next to be prepared for my next pcat? I am really sad and disappointed and dont know what to do!
Should I buy the PCAT destroyer?
Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,
I am so happy for you all that you did good on your pcat this week... i took mine on the 19th and i did terrible.. these are my scores
Math 45
verbal 45
chem 88
bio 71
reading 19
I studied dr.collins notes and the biology section of the kaplan book... i am certainly retaking my exam next January and i would really appreciate tips and advises from you all on what should I do next to be prepared for my next pcat? I am really sad and disappointed and dont know what to do!
Should I buy the PCAT destroyer?
Thanks in advance

Did you or did you not use Dr. Collins for your bio section? If you did, were they not helpful at all? :(

heyy just a quick qs..i have collins but i havent studied it at all for bio section coz ive been WASTING my time trying to get everything done from the kaplan book.. it has been a fail trying to cram all that in my brain
I just wanted to ask you that for bio collins, did you have the study guide by dr steven? and if yes, did you just memorized his study guide and his qeuestions? or will you please tell me the way you studied his bio? im really freaking out and my test is HERE :(
i hear ppl saying that know the concept behind that qs.. does that mean like if the qs was lets say on excretory sys and specifically abt a part of the process.. i should know that process in detail? or what?
thanks a lot for ur time :)

Yeah I did. I think Dr.Collins was best at bio and chem... I studied all of Dr.Collins thou

did anyone find collins helpful in va section? I have memorized the study guide but i havent really practice any of his tests? Should I? or would the study guide be enough? THanks again

did anyone find collins helpful in va section? I have memorized the study guide but i havent really practice any of his tests? Should I? or would the study guide be enough? THanks again

I believe that one buys Dr. Collins to take the practice exams more so than to study from the study guide. You should have been taking exams with your study time, IMO.

Why would you not take the practice test? Review the study guide and take the practice test you will learn more that way. If you memorize the study guide and they change a question a little bit you will have no idea how to answer it. Dr collins exams go perfect with the study guide so it makes you think more and you UNDERSTAND the study guide more. Good luck on your test.

l
Why would you not take the practice test? Review the study guide and take the practice test you will learn more that way. If you memorize the study guide and they change a question a little bit you will have no idea how to answer it. Dr collins exams go perfect with the study guide so it makes you think more and you UNDERSTAND the study guide more. Good luck on your test.

aite thanks to you and the chemguy!
idk the way i have brought up is where im always comf studying/reviewing the materiall.. never practiced for a test before however, i did do some practice for chem and math..so far i have done my midterms and final exam from school but im on to practicing frm collins.. shoo shouldve asked earlier.. scared :( i hope practicing till tues be okay (if not enough, i know)
good luck to you too! ace that bad boy lol
ps i edited the above coz apparently someone else was already signed on this school comp..really weird haha and i didnt realize that

aite thanks to you and the chemguy!
idk the way i have brought up is where im always comf studying/reviewing the materiall.. never practiced for a test before however, i did do some practice for chem and math..so far i have done my midterms and final exam from school but im on to practicing frm collins.. shoo shouldve asked earlier.. scared :( i hope practicing till tues be okay (if not enough, i know)
good luck to you too! ace that bad boy lol
ps i edited the above coz apparently someone else was already signed on this school comp..really weird haha and i didnt realize that

Yes. DO those practice test and pearson practice! Good Luck

I"m so glad to hear that you did great on the exam! You only took 5 days?! how did you maximize the use of those 5 days on Dr. Collin's material?? My exam iso n the 28th and i feel like i'm not prepared at all!!! Any advice would be helpful since you only used Dr. Collins and one practice exam. :)

I just completed one section of the packet everyday! The bio was verrrry helpful, but the chem lacked on the organic side, so I would study that stuff pretty well. I didn't do the reading comprehension, but then again didn't do too hot on that part haha, good luck!

collins chemistry test 7 23 question. smallest deviation from ideal gas ? ans high T but ideal gas deviation is low T and high P. wish all best of luck for test on 26 and 28 . post ur result and experience

collins chemistry test 7 23 question. smallest deviation from ideal gas ? ans high T but ideal gas deviation is low T and high P. wish all best of luck for test on 26 and 28 . post ur result and experience
The answer is correct.

While it's true that the deviation from ideal gas behavior at low T and high P is large, it is also true there is small deviation or little difference at high T and low P....specifically directly related to high T. The higher the T, the smaller the deviation.

Nitrogen gas behavior as a function of temperature:
4O1o9.gif

[SIZE=+1]As temperature is decreased below a critical value, the deviation from ideal gas behavior becomes severe, because the gas CONDENSES to become a LIQUID.[/SIZE]

http://www.chem.ufl.edu/~itl/2045/lectures/lec_e.html