sep 19 , 21,28 score thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcat 95

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,my test is on sep 28 but i want every one to post there score and suggestion for other's help. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL . NAIL IT:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
sure !! read every question as u know it and choose the answer .make ur first as last attempt attitude. i know ur going to come out and get ur score 99 :)best of luck

I'm on the 26th. I hope all this hard work pays off! With school and studying for pcat i can't wait to take it. I'll finally have free sundays for football!!!!!

I'm at the 28th, and the PCAT and work has been my life for the last 2 months. I actually consider going to work a break for my studies...

I really want that 99th percentile!!!

I'm at the 28th, and the PCAT and work has been my life for the last 2 months. I actually consider going to work a break for my studies...

I really want that 99th percentile!!!

This is not gonna make sense but I feel like going to class is a break from studying the pcat : / My background is not as strong so I had to study A LOT. But now I feel like I am fully prepared. Good Luck :)

Mine is on Monday too.. Good luck for all of u..
Quick question though
why would we call (CH3)3-C-CH2-CH3 2,2-dimethylbutane.. so confused..
Please help..

mine is on monday too.. Good luck for all of u..
Quick question though
why would we call (ch3)3-c-ch2-ch3 2,2-dimethylbutane.. So confused..
Please help..

Drew it free-hand in MS Paint for you.

lawlpaintskills.png

LOL. Forgot to resize the image, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
CH3-C-CH2-CH3 OPEN THE 3 ch3 group then u can find one on left , one on up and one down of single c. number from left side 2 on single c ,number of carbon 4 . therefore 2,2 dimethy(ch3) butane

Mine is on Monday too.. Good luck for all of u..
Quick question though
why would we call (CH3)3-C-CH2-CH3 2,2-dimethylbutane.. so confused..
Please help..

Have you taken Organic Chemistry? I ask because that structure is a very tame compared to what you may see on the PCAT.

So as to not be a total debbie downer, here is an alkane nomenclature PDF that I sent to three of the students that I'm tutoring in Organic this semester. It will be helpful.

http://masterorganicchemistry.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/ss6-nomenclature_rev.pdf

why (CH3)3C-OH is tert-butyl alcohol and not 1,2-dimethylehanol?

edit: how about isobutyl alchol.. why not?

Last edited:
Thanks for the file.. i took up to ochem2 but i always had a problem with not seeing the combined atom as in (ch3)3 when it's attached to another atom.. i don't know where is it attached or how.. very confusing for me.. u can see my other post that i just did now..
Have you taken Organic Chemistry? I ask because that structure is a very tame compared to what you may see on the PCAT.

So as to not be a total debbie downer, here is an alkane nomenclature PDF that I sent to three of the students that I'm tutoring in Organic this semester. It will be helpful.

http://masterorganicchemistry.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/ss6-nomenclature_rev.pdf

why (CH3)3C-OH is tert-butyl alcohol and not 1,2-dimethylehanol?

edit: how about isobutyl alchol.. why not?

To be polite, I'll say that you have a lot of studying to do regarding naming compounds. That condensed formula "(CH3)C-C" is an extremely basic structure that you see in Organic 1, alkane nomenclature. It's a t-butyl group, therefore, it's the name. You can NOT have a 1,2-dimethyl situation on a straight chain alkane, period.

Seriously, study your Organic Chemistry textbook regarding naming structures. If you've taken Organic 1 (and Organic 2, according to your previous post), these are things which you should know if you expect to do well on this concept.

I'm taking it on the 19th as well.
Good luck to everyone! Here's hoping we're all adequately prepared :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone taking the test! I'll be taking mine at the Bethesda testing center on the 19th. At this point I'm just ready for it to be over and done, and hopefully not necessitate a retake!

I am taking it on 28th!
Its my first time so I am really really nervous..

any suggestions on what to study for the time left would be appreciated..

goodluck to all who are taking it soon :)

I felt that the test was brutal, but somehow I turned it out with a little help from the man upstairs.

VA 82
BIO 90
CHEM 81
RC 92
QA 34

CP 84

I'm taking mine on the 19th
I'm just ready to take the test and be put out of my misery of stressing over it
I'll definitely being going to church on Sunday to pray~!
Good luck to everyone!

Alright people, tomorrow is the day we've all been waiting for. It's finally almost over!!! I hope everyone exceeds his/her expectations and I wish you all the best of luck. Sleep well and tomorrow we shall conquer.

Alright people, tomorrow is the day we've all been waiting for. It's finally almost over!!! I hope everyone exceeds his/her expectations and I wish you all the best of luck. Sleep well and tomorrow we shall conquer.

good luck to you too, frank!

good luck to you too, frank!

Good luck, frankdahtank. May the force be with you.

Merging with existing thread on this topic. Please use the search function and avoid creating new threads for existing topics in the future.

Sept 19, 8 am PCAT - that's been on my mind the entire summer & finally, I'm done!

Verbal: 432 / 89
Biology: 446 / 96
Reading: 415 / 69 ):
Quantitative: 426 / 81
Chemistry: 463 / 98

Composite: 436 / 95

I won't be re-testing. Considering I didn't study reading & quantitative at all, they must be gifts from God :) Cheers!

Verbal-495 (99)
Biology-446 (96)
Reading Comp-434 (90)
Quantitative-390 (24) ---->LOL
Chemistry-485 (99)
Composite-450 (99)

My quant score is atrocious but there's no way I'm taking this test over again. Does that make me crazy?

I hope everyone else on the 19th did well, and good luck to all taking it in Sept!

Last edited:
Sept 19, 8 am PCAT - that's been on my mind the entire summer & finally, I'm done!

Verbal: 432 / 89
Biology: 446 / 96
Reading: 415 / 69 ):
Quantitative: 426 / 81
Chemistry: 463 / 98

Composite: 436 / 95

I won't be re-testing. Considering I didn't study reading & quantitative at all, they must be gifts from God :) Cheers!

Good job. :) Hoping I can do as well as you!

IT'S OVER!!!!!!

Verbal: 423 / 82
Biology: 483 / 99
Reading: 403 / 50 LOL WHAT? So much for feeling prepared.
Quantitative: 420 / 74 JESUS THAT WAS HARD
Chemistry: 455 / 96

Composite: 437 / 95

WOOOOOTT!!!!! TOTOAOWTOAWOTAOSFOASFOARS:love::thumbup::):sleep::p:rolleyes::cool:

Yeah that was pretty brutal. Not happy with my scores - caught off guard with the amount of Orgo II on Chem - but will take it.

IT'S OVER!!!!!!

WOOOOOTT!!!!! TOTOAOWTOAWOTAOSFOASFOARS:love::thumbup::):sleep::p:rolleyes::cool:

My scores were nearly identical to yours. I was shocked at how pathetic I did on Reading Comp. How do you feel about your chances of getting into pharm school?

IT'S OVER!!!!!!

Congrats. :)

@ Above post - I'm sure you will both have your choice of Pharmacy Schools, assuming your GPA and interview skills are sharp.

My reading comprehension's probably really going to suck. :(

congra!!!!! did dr collins helped u in all ? frank

For me, Collins sure did help. I didn't bother with RC in Collins since folks said it was so much easier than the real thing. I did think that Quant in Collins was too easy compared to the real exam.

Sept 19 PCAT 8 am.

Composite 91

Def keeping this!

Hope everyone else did well :)

Last edited:
Verbal Ability 409/63
Biology 425/84
Reading Comprehension 416/71
Quantitative Ability 439/92
Chemistry 439/91
Composite 426/87

Verbal was pretty bad but I'm still happy with it. The school I'm looking to get into has 355-401 total percentile as their middle 50th percentile and I got a 401 which puts me right at the 75th percentile for all aceptees. Not bad for only have taken 3 weeks worth of Biology :D!

Wow looks like I'm late to the party. SOOO glad to have it over with

Verbal: 451/97
Biology: 465/99
Reading Comp: 434/90
Quant: 413/64 <--- whoops... :laugh:
Chem: 430/85
Composite: 439/96

Congrats to everyone it looks like we all killed it today!
Good luck to the rest of the Sept. testers!

Verbal-495 (99)
Biology-446 (96)
Reading Comp-434 (90)
Chemistry-450 (99)
Composite-450 (99)

My quant score is atrocious but there's no way I'm taking this test over again. Does that make me crazy?

I hope everyone else on the 19th did well, and good luck to all taking it in Sept!

Just noticed this, congrats on being part of the elite. :)

I'm really surprised at your Quant score, though. It seems like they really don't value it very much in your overall, lol. Now I know what I will be focusing the LEAST on. xD

I'm really surprised at your Quant score, though. It seems like they really don't value it very much in your overall, lol. Now I know what I will be focusing the LEAST on. xD

Actually, each section counts the same as the other four. The composite is generated by taking the average of the 5 scaled scores from each section, and then getting a percentile for that average.

Actually, each section counts the same as the other four. The composite is generated by taking the average of the 5 scaled scores from each section, and then getting a percentile for that average.

Ahhhh, I get it now. I was thinking in terms of averages of the PR's themselves. Good to know. Thanks, I don't know if I would have ever noticed that and might have ended up shooting myself in the foot...haha

Verbal-495 (99)
Biology-446 (96)
Reading Comp-434 (90)
Chemistry-450 (99)
Composite-450 (99)

Anyone considering retaking with a composite >90 is crazy, much less a 99 :laugh:

Ahhhh, I get it now. I was thinking in terms of averages of the PR's themselves. Good to know. Thanks, I don't know if I would have ever noticed that and might have ended up shooting myself in the foot...haha

Yeah, I think chemtopharm made a mistake copying down his scores. He probably got a 485 on chemistry, not a 450, making his composite average out to 450, the usual cutoff for the 99th percentile.

BTW, that's an awesome score, ctp. Same goes to the rest of you as well. A lot of mid to upper 90s on today's exam.

Thanks for catching my mistake, I did indeed get a 485 on the chem.

And thank you for the congratulations as well! Keep studying hard everyone, I brought up a composite 60-79 percentile on the first Pearson practice test to a 99. Anything is possible with hard work and dedication!

Now go study quant! :laugh:

Congrats. :)

@ Above post - I'm sure you will both have your choice of Pharmacy Schools, assuming your GPA and interview skills are sharp.

My reading comprehension's probably really going to suck. :(

Don't worry so much about reading comp unless there is some minimum required by schools that you want to apply for. Prepare for other areas which you are strong in!!! Personally, I think it's hard to study for reading comp. I did complete the Pearson tests so I could time myself.