Secondaries that are Already Out ('07)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zach1201 said:
Hopefully this thread can be of some help:

For the University of Iowa application, under required coursework, there is a drop down menu asking you to list hours for each course. I was wondering if this was the hours on AMCAS or the number of semesters of each class type.

Thanks.

Don't force me to make a new thread...

Members don't see this ad.

narc said:
The guy posted stanford on a saturday? Do you honestly think he is telling the truth? :confused:

seriously, I never put too much trust in someone with <100 posts anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
braluk said:
yay passed VCU screener today (50% presecondary cut??- im honored) and got invite to vermont.

Grats Braluk...for VCU I think they say 60 percent of people getting secondaries get an interview invite :thumbup:

DrVanNostran said:
Grats Braluk...for VCU I think they say 60 percent of people getting secondaries get an interview invite :thumbup:
ooo that's what i like to hear.

hey question, i know its been asked before but what the hell.

ok picture for secondaries. i have a professional portfolio done (friend is photographer and gave me a free portfolio). i have a shot where im in my suit, not really a headshot, but more of an upper body shot of me sitting on a metal bar in a relaxed pose. My question is, should i sign the photo when i send it and tell them to save it for the future when i hit it big?? lol jk, what i wanted to know was, if this would be appropriate.

DrVanNostran said:
really? cuz they said they give abot 2600 ppl 2ndaries...so 60 percent would mean they interview more than 1500 applicants!

Ugh, im one day past the submission deadline for the wake forest secondary. Damint.
Ill submit it anyway, see what happens.

I added Stanford to the list and people automatically assume I'm BSing because it's a Saturday? My lord, some of you need to grow up. I'm trying to be helpful here...

Laidbacklux said:
So there's an email invite to Stanford secondary, Copperstripes, can you post the secondary Q's?

Sure. Here they are:

The Committee on Admissions regards the diversity of an entering class as an important factor in serving the educational mission of the school. The Committee on Admissions strongly encourages you to share unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity, or life or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine. (2000 char)

What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career?
a. Choose the single answer that best describes your career goals
1. Private Practice
2. Health Policy
3. Academic Medicine
4. Public Health
5. Health Care Adminstration
b. Why do you feel you are particularly suited for this practice scenario? What knowledge, skills and attitudes have you developed that have prepared you for this career path? (1000 char)

How will the Stanford curriculum, and specifically the requirement for a scholarly concentration, help your personal career goals? (1000 char)

BILAL said:
really? cuz they said they give abot 2600 ppl 2ndaries...so 60 percent would mean they interview more than 1500 applicants!

Yeah, its was in the initial update when invited for a secondary. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
narc said:
Ugh, im one day past the submission deadline for the wake forest secondary. Damint.
Ill submit it anyway, see what happens.

dude - the way they've been swingin' the axe, you should generate your own rejection letter for them! that would be sweet!

DrVanNostran said:
Yeah, its was in the initial update when invited for a secondary. :luck:

DVN - Nice to see you're up late too!

DrVanNostran said:
Im actually in Seattle for the month :eek: So its only 11 here lol.

excellent! loved it out there last week! have you been able to visit the campus at U of W?

danjo said:
excellent! loved it out there last week! have you been able to visit the campus at U of W?

Im heading there next week with my preceptor, Im really looking forward to it. UW is a dream school :love:

For this question on USC:

4. Please provide a summary of your most relevant leadership experiences.

Do you create a list or write something in paragraph form?

danjo said:
dude - the way they've been swingin' the axe, you should generate your own rejection letter for them! that would be sweet!

Danjo, you never checked your Baylor status page for me :(

narc said:
Danjo, you never checked your Baylor status page for me :(

totally forgot about that! sorry.

i am actually not yet complete - still waiting on a couple of LORs.

CopperStripes said:
I added Stanford to the list and people automatically assume I'm BSing because it's a Saturday? My lord, some of you need to grow up. I'm trying to be helpful here...

Its just that no one else has come forward to say they've received this secondary from Stanford which is a non-screener. Those essays are available from last year's secondary question thread, I just want to know if someone else has gotten the Stanford secondary.

quantummechanic said:
Its just that no one else has come forward to say they've received this secondary from Stanford which is a non-screener. Those essays are available from last year's secondary question thread, I just want to know if someone else has gotten the Stanford secondary.

I haven't gotten it yet. What are the prompts, again?

Edit: Nevermind. It's up there.

BILAL said:

Yeah, that can't be right. MSAR says ~700 interviews.... Unless half of the people that are invited to interview decline the invite (but I doubt it).

Has everyone received the ALbany secondary? I haven't gotten mine, but according to MSAR they dont screen.... (and my science GPA is low, but so was their median).

jillibean said:
Has everyone received the ALbany secondary? I haven't gotten mine, but according to MSAR they dont screen.... (and my science GPA is low, but so was their median).

they just started sending on wednesday or thursday..
and others have not gotten it yet either

DrVanNostran said:

bumpity bump

jillibean said:
Yeah, that can't be right. MSAR says ~700 interviews.... Unless half of the people that are invited to interview decline the invite (but I doubt it).

The first status update indicated that they would interview about 60 percent upto people they send secondaries to. Some other people have confirmed this on other threads :D

Geno and I would like some info:)

Pretty Please

DrVanNostran said:
Geno and I would like some info:)

Pretty Please

I did paragraph. I figured if they wanted a list they would have said list. :thumbup:

I talked to a friend who is entering Drexel this year and they said they didnt receive the secondary until late aug / early sept. Can anyone confirm if this is the normal time frame?

TheAbbot7 said:
I talked to a friend who is entering Drexel this year and they said they didnt receive the secondary until late aug / early sept. Can anyone confirm if this is the normal time frame?

someone said they called drexel and drexel said they'd mail them out this week.

Punkn said:
I guess "secondary" is kind of a misnomer. There aren't any essays. There are some forms to fill out and a check to mail (of course! It's not too bad though, $50). The letter that came with it said that you can expect an interview invite ~4-6 weeks after receiving the packet. :) All of their interviews are on Wednesdays, apparently, and they will send you a date and time. You don't get to schedule it. :(
Whoo hoo!! Dad called to let me know I got the IU secondary yesterday. OOS love baby! Yeah!

Anastasis said:
Whoo hoo!! Dad called to let me know I got the IU secondary yesterday. OOS love baby! Yeah!

Congrats, Ana! That's awesome :hardy:

hey SDNers

Can someone reply with the link to the Harvard secoondary? I previously accessed it however now I can't find it on their site!

Thanks so much.

Anastasis said:

Nice work, Ana!! :clap:

jillibean said:

i havent gotten it. i think quite a few of us haven't gotten it yet. no worries :thumbup:

Anastasis: Congrats on Indiana!

Anyone else having trouble saving Albany secondary application?
hopefully i'm not the only one with this problem :scared:

DrVanNostran said:
Everyone is, no worries.

meet DrVanNostran, king of all that is albany secondary problems. :D

jillibean said:

i got it over the weekend or friday i think, if i got it, you should be getting it soon as well

Drexel is an actual printout of an application?? if thats the case im going to scan it and edit it in pdf. Or is it an online app?

Also, sooooooo i dont want to make another poll, but so far to date, what do you guys think. which secondary has been the most frustrating, tedious, and annoying to date??
i nominate RFU or UIC.

braluk said:
Also, sooooooo i dont want to make another poll, but so far to date, what do you guys think. which secondary has been the most frustrating, tedious, and annoying to date??
i nominate RFU or UIC.

Wait until Duke's comes out :scared:

Teerawit said:
Wait until Duke's comes out :scared:
I second that. It's probably the worst.

But don't labor too long and hard on it. My girlfriend interviewed there and not one interviewer asked a single question regarding all of her long, hard, and well thought-out answers.

MilkofAmnesia said:
I second that. It's probably the worst.

But don't labor too long and hard on it. My girlfriend interviewed there and not one interviewer asked a single question regarding all of her long, hard, and well thought-out answers.

Oy... Just to know what to expect, where's the link to the thread from last year which included prompts from different schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.