SCOTUS will increase to 11 or 13 Justices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They were also taking down US flags and replacing them with Trump flags.
They weren't disrespecting the flag. They are white and republicans. How dare you!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It's interesting what politics does, right? For some reason it often allows people to view others as something they aren't. I said here not long ago that Ossoff and Warnock weren't terribly appealing candidates for me personally. I probably should've read more about Warnock as I think I was wrong. Ossoff though I still don't find appealing. I'm absolutely astounded he won, but Trump effect.

I'm not sure how ANYONE could defend Cawthorn or say he's the future of anything. Leave his MAGA Trumpism out of it. Just read his wikipedia page. What has this kid done other than lie and deceive people and create a persona of something he just isn't? It leads me to worry that like Trump, he's got some serious psychiatric issues going on.

After the Capitol riots the ASA sent out an email (and I don't recall the exact wording) admitting they'd essentially been deceived in who they donated to and would be more careful going forward. It's easy to imagine that they were alluding to Andy Harris, an actual ANESTHESIOLOGIST! Too bad Andy has fallen off the MAGA deep end as opposed to simply being a decent conservative.

Again, I don't know why the GOP is doing this to itself. But if they don't want to continue losing to rather unappealing candidates in big races in traditionally GOP states (Georgia!) they'll distance themselves from Trump and come back to reality.

They were also running against two terrible GOP candidates. I agree that Trump did not help either.

Georgia demographic is changing like the speed of light. The Atlanta metro proper is ~ 50% of state population. Would not be shocked if Georgia become a state out of reach for republicans in statewide elections in 8 yrs--just like VA, CO, NM... which are states that were reliably republican less than 2 decades ago...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
149987101_10222036340890807_8951357449196328359_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Ted Cruz was not going to go any further in term of his political ambition anyway. That move surely ends his political career.

I understand it's not easy being stranded in these disasters, but I just don't get why not go to DC. Why Mexico?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Probably cause it’s close and his family wanted to go hang out on the beach? Not defending him. It was a dumb thing to do and the optics are terrible, but the media bias is stunning when you see the amount of coverage and hand wringing over this as compared to other poor decisions made by Dem politicians (I.e. Gavin Newsome and Lori Lightfoot). It’s not even comparable, and both of those two were acting out of pure hypocrisy. Cruz just made a dumb decision.

Probably cause it’s close and his family wanted to go hang out on the beach? Not defending him. It was a dumb thing to do and the optics are terrible, but the media bias is stunning when you see the amount of coverage and hand wringing over this as compared to other poor decisions made by Dem politicians (I.e. Gavin Newsome and Lori Lightfoot). It’s not even comparable, and both of those two were acting out of pure hypocrisy. Cruz just made a dumb decision.
I agree that the media coverage is over the top... One thing that is apparent is that Gavin Newsome, Lori Lightfoot, Andrew Cuomo do not go out of their way to mock republicans every single occasion when they make a mistake. In addition, Ted Cruz lied twice and told the truth after he got caught.

What's wrong with south FL?

Last edited:
I agree that the media coverage is over the top... One thing that is apparent is that Gavin Newsome, Lori Lightfoot, Andrew Cuomo do not go out of their way to mock republicans every single occasion when they make a mistake. In addition, Ted Cruz lied twice before telling the truth.

Cuomo should be in prison btw

I agree that the media coverage is over the top... One thing that is apparent is that Gavin Newsome, Lori Lightfoot, Andrew Cuomo do not go out of their way to mock republicans every single occasion when they make a mistake. In addition, Ted Cruz lied twice and told the truth after he got caught.

Not sure the point you’re trying to make about mocking republicans.....

And are you saying it woulda been better if he went to SoFlo?

Not sure the point you’re trying to make about mocking republicans.....

And are you saying it woulda been better if he went to SoFlo?
What I am saying is that: when a dem makes a mistake, Ted is the first one on national TV acting like a talking head. It makes sense that the TV media which is slanted in favor of democrats will make a big deal out of any mistake someone like Ted Cruz makes

It would not look so bad... Ted has made a career saying bad things about Mexico...

Members don't see this ad :)
What I am saying is that: when a dem makes a mistake, Ted is the first one on national TV acting like a talking head. It makes sense that the TV media which is slanted in favor of democrats will make a big deal out of any mistake someone like Ted Cruz makes

It would not look so bad... Ted has made a career saying bad things about Mexico...

Ok. Newsome and Lightfoot certainly aren’t like that, but Cuomo? He’s got as big of a mouth as Cruz.

And yeah, you might not have the same meme opportunity if he went to Florida, but I’m sure he’d be smeared the same. Media jumps on any chance to criticize the right, and minimizes, if not flat out ignores, similar actions on the left.

Ok. Newsome and Lightfoot certainly aren’t like that, but Cuomo? He’s got as big of a mouth as Cruz.

And yeah, you might not have the same meme opportunity if he went to Florida, but I’m sure he’d be smeared the same. Media jumps on any chance to criticize the right, and minimizes, if not flat out ignores, similar actions on the left.
That's not smearing him when they are merely pointing out that he is a hypocrite.

Cuomo has a big mouth, but I don't see him often in the media (TV and social media) pestering republicans...

That's not smearing him when they are merely pointing out that he is a hypocrite.

Cuomo has a big mouth, but I don't see him often in the media (TV and social media) pestering republicans...

Hypocrite about what?

Being a hypocrite is telling people to stay home and don’t go to restaurants and barber shops and then turning around and doing those things yourself, a la Newsome, Lightfoot, Pelosi, Hancock etc.

Did Cruz tell people not to travel away from Texas during this hard time?

Dumb, yes.

Hypocrite? Not really.

Hypocrite about what?

Being a hypocrite is telling people to stay home and don’t go to restaurants and barber shops and then turning around and doing those things yourself, a la Newsome, Lightfoot, Pelosi, Hancock etc.

Did Cruz tell people not to travel away from Texas during this hard time?

Dumb, yes.

Hypocrite? Not really.
He made fun of Chris Christie when Christie did something similar...

Why don't they try to attract the broad electorate?

He made fun of Chris Christie when Christie did something similar...

Again, it’s not really similar. Just like it’s not really similar to Newsome or Lightfoot or Pelosi.

Perhaps you’re not familiar with the meaning of the word hypocrisy? If not, it means that you do something that you tell others not to do, or you set standards and don’t keep them yourself.

Christie was a hypocrite to shutdown a beach and then go.

Newsome is a hypocrite to forbid dining out with a bunch of people and did it himself.

Lightfoot and Pelosi were hypocritical because they were against barber shops being open and then went and got their hair done.

Cruz being dumb and leaving the state during a crisis isn’t hypocritical, it’s just dumb.

...unless he’s criticized others in the past for fleeing a state during a critical time. Suppose that could then be seen as hypocritical.

Again, not defending him. Just defending English.

Last edited:

Why don't they try to attract the broad electorate?
The GOP doesn’t feel they’ve been sufficiently backed into a corner yet. They think they can continue to suppress votes and rely on an almost un-amendable, non-proportional representative system of government rather than face the fact that on many issues they are well out of line with majority views and with changing demographics.

Just look at the COVID relief bill which is probably going to have to pass by reconciliation. 70% of Americans want Biden’s bill passed but the GOP pretends like it’s some controversial issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
the media bias is stunning when you see the amount of coverage and hand wringing over this as compared to

Hilariously wrong statement when one considers that the clip Ted Cruz is using to cry hypocrisy and defend himself......is from “fake news liberal biased” CNN calling out democrats

Again, it’s not really similar. Just like it’s not really similar to Newsome or Lightfoot or Pelosi.

Perhaps you’re not familiar with the meaning of the word hypocrisy? If not, it means that you do something that you tell others not to do, or you set standards and don’t keep them yourself.

Christie was a hypocrite to shutdown a beach and then go.

Newsome is a hypocrite to forbid dining out with a bunch of people and did it himself.

Lightfoot and Pelosi were hypocritical because they were against barber shops being open and then went and got their hair done.

Cruz being dumb and leaving the state during a crisis isn’t hypocritical, it’s just dumb.

...unless he’s criticized others in the past for fleeing a state during a critical time. Suppose that could then be seen as hypocritical.

Again, not defending him. Just defending English.
You are somewhat defending him... because you use the republican playbook about media not criticizing the dems for the same thing.

Last edited:
The GOP doesn’t feel they’ve been sufficiently backed into a corner yet. They think they can continue to suppress votes and rely on an almost un-amendable, non-proportional representative system of government rather than face the fact that on many issues they are well out of line with majority views and with changing demographics.

Just look at the COVID relief bill which is probably going to have to pass by reconciliation. 70% of Americans want Biden’s bill passed but the GOP pretends like it’s some controversial issue.
Not sure about that. The party is just taken over by extremists.

Someone like Larry Hogan can probably win easily... The issue is he won't make it thru a republican primary.

Not sure about that. The party is just taken over by extremists.

Someone like Larry Hogan can probably win easily... The issue is he won't make it thru a republican primary.
Unfortunately, they are. There’s actually not a ton of issues which are really split 50/50. The counter-majoritarian US Senate system, the electoral college, and a congressional apportionment system which has 700,000 people per House rep (when some of the Founders thought 30,000 : 1 was too much).....all those things just create the illusion of controversy.

See here: SCOTUS will increase to 11 or 13 Justices

You are somewhat defending him... because was about media do not criticize the dems for the same thing.

Two things can be true at once. He was dumb to do what he did. Stop. The media covered this 10x more than what they did for any of the other people and their scandals that I mentioned. And the criticisms during the coverage were more harsh, despite the fact that Cruz doesn’t even have much real responsibility during a black out in Texas. It’s not like he’s the mayor of Houston or the governor. For goodness sakes, you had people staking out his house to check on the welfare of his dog, people digging through his wife’s text messages, and stories from UK with 50+ photos of him being “caught in the act.”

Vector, your post doesn’t deserve its own reply. No. Just no.

Vector, your post doesn’t deserve its own reply. No. Just no.

Yea, it’s hard to reply when the stereotypes about the media you’re used to hearing in your echo chamber don’t gel with reality. Wouldn’t surprise me if you also had no clue how hard the so-called liberal media sources are tearing Cuomo apart.

Yea, it’s hard to reply when the stereotypes about the media you’re used to hearing in your echo chamber don’t gel with reality. Wouldn’t surprise me if you also had no clue how hard the so-called liberal media sources are tearing Cuomo apart.

If your stance is that the media were not harder on Cruz than they were Newsome or Lightfoot or Pelosi for their covid hypocrisy, you’re just flat wrong. There’s no point in arguing that with you.

Even Cuomo own party is hammering him.

The first thing Ted Cruz did was to run to Hannity to justify his BS... TV and social media clearly slanted toward the dems. But dems for the most part don't try to defend the indefensible. You don't see Cuomo ran to Rachel Maddow or Chris Hayes to get a pass.

For instance, Trump got zillion of $$$ to defend the "stolen" election... People mock Biden transition team for trying to raise money when Trump would not give them any fund.

However, I think Ted Cruz BS got a lot more coverage than Cuomo and Newson stuffs.

Last edited:
If your stance is that the media were not harder on Cruz than they were Newsome or Lightfoot or Pelosi for their covid hypocrisy, you’re just flat wrong. There’s no point in arguing that with you.
I just posted (by way of Cruz) a 5 minute segment of Brianna Keilar from CNN calling out dem politicians for COVID hypocrisy.

Here is liberal show Morning Joe calling out Newsom

Here is liberal NY Times calling out Newsom

Here is liberal Nymag calling out Newsom and other dems

Here is liberal LA Times calling out Newsom

In actuality, there’s no point arguing with you because you’re only capable of parroting Fox News chyrons about what “the media” is and isn’t

Reactions: 4 users
I just posted (by way of Cruz) a 5 minute segment of Brianna Keilar from CNN calling out dem politicians for COVID hypocrisy.

Here is liberal show Morning Joe calling out Newsom

Here is liberal NY Times calling out Newsom

Here is liberal Nymag calling out Newsom and other dems

Here is liberal LA Times calling out Newsom

In actuality, there’s no point arguing with you because you’re only capable of parroting Fox News chyrons about what “the media” is and isn’t

Wait, you mean CNN called out the dems for 5 whole minutes?!

I stand corrected good sir.

giphy.gif

Wait, you mean CNN called out the dems for 5 whole minutes?!

I stand corrected good sir.

giphy.gif

Hmmm, 4 overwhelmingly liberal sources calling out Newsom compared to the slam dunk that was your....*checks notes*.....pure, unadulterated, unsupported opinion? Yea, I’ll take it.

Last edited:
Hmmm, 4 overwhelmingly liberal sources calling out Newsom compared to the slam dunk that was your....*checks notes*.....pure, unadulterated, unsupported opinion? Yea, I’ll take it.

Ya know, I used to find your tactics annoying, but now it’s simply amusing to watch you rapidly reply with guns (links) blazing, thinking you’ve just destroyed a post with total assuredness, but in reality you’ve fallen quite flat.

Lemme spell it out for you. If my argument had been that the media gave NO coverage to the dems screw ups, you posting 4 links of liberal media coverage would be an adequate counter to discredit my post. Instead, when my claim is that the liberal media coverage of Cruz was much more and much harsher than coverage of dems screw ups, you posting 4 links does just about squat to prove anything about the balance of the coverage.

Should I go find 8 links of stories slamming Cruz to best your 4? Would I be the winner then?

Last word is yours (as it always must be).

giphy.gif

Lemme spell it out for you. If my argument had been that the media gave NO coverage to the dems screw ups, you posting 4 links of liberal media coverage would be an adequate counter to discredit my post. Instead, when my claim is that the liberal media coverage of Cruz was much more and much harsher than coverage of dems screw ups, you posting 4 links does just about squat to prove anything about the balance of the coverage.

Should I go find 8 links of stories slamming Cruz to best your 4? Would I be the winner then?
Winner? Nah.

But it would be something compared to what you’re doing now....which is parading your opinion as if it’s obvious accepted fact.

Last edited:
Eh, CNN over-covers Cruz and fox under covers him.

Fox over-covers Cuomo and CNN under covers him.

What’s new? They are both absolute scum bags and everyone with half a brain can see that plainly.

“It bears noting, as Cruz’s defenders have argued, that he is not a governor or a state official. His main job is to vote on legislation at the federal level. To the extent Congress sends emergency aid to his home state, he’ll have a role to play in that. (President Biden has declared an emergency in Texas and authorized the Federal Emergency Management Agency to provide generators.) There is, though, a constituent services aspect to his job, and the vast majority of his millions of constituents have been affected by this storm.

And of course, there are the terrible optics. A high-ranking official skipping town amid a potentially catastrophic situation, no matter what they could do to deal with it, isn’t a great look — as Cruz’s return has now acknowledged.”

So strange....ultra liberal biased WaPo not only giving Cruz’s defenders’ argument a fair shake but also naming other R and D politicians who took inopportune vacations. But the “media” is so harsh on just Cruz, cries Matty :unsure:

What’s new? They are both absolute scum bags and everyone with half a brain can see that plainly.
Agree...

But there is a nuance here... You don't see Cuomo/Newson etc... ran to CNN to get cover like Cruz did with Hannity.

“It bears noting, as Cruz’s defenders have argued, that he is not a governor or a state official. His main job is to vote on legislation at the federal level. To the extent Congress sends emergency aid to his home state, he’ll have a role to play in that. (President Biden has declared an emergency in Texas and authorized the Federal Emergency Management Agency to provide generators.) There is, though, a constituent services aspect to his job, and the vast majority of his millions of constituents have been affected by this storm.

And of course, there are the terrible optics. A high-ranking official skipping town amid a potentially catastrophic situation, no matter what they could do to deal with it, isn’t a great look — as Cruz’s return has now acknowledged.”

So strange....ultra liberal biased WaPo not only giving Cruz’s defenders’ argument a fair shake but also naming other R and D politicians who took inopportune vacations. But the “media” is so harsh on just Cruz, cries Matty :unsure:
Cruz got more coverage than Cuomo and Newson... That is the truth.

The funny thing to watch is that Cuomo is almost like a Trump-clone from the left — outright lying, absolutely unwilling to admit any mistakes and attacking people left and right instead. It’s like he has the Trump playbook under his pillow.

I guess this is the new politics. We’ll see if it works for him.

Cruz got more coverage than Cuomo and Newson... That is the truth.
Fox News is literally writing articles which say “After weeks of pressure, CNN has been aggressively covering New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D., as he faces accusations of covering up nursing home deaths in his state and threatening a member of his own party.”

Now of course FN may be editorializing the “weeks of pressure” part, but the coverage by CNN has been persistent and harsh, both on screen and on social media. Same goes for MSNBC and liberal leaning newspapers.

Cilizza 3 weeks ago:

204A5D7C-3983-4C53-A342-091EEC8DB093.jpeg

Last edited:
The funny thing to watch is that Cuomo is almost like a Trump-clone from the left — outright lying, absolutely unwilling to admit any mistakes and attacking people left and right instead. It’s like he has the Trump playbook under his pillow.

I guess this is the new politics. We’ll see if it works for him.
He should resign.

Except it’s not a binary.

It’s Fox on one side, and CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NY Times, etc etc on the other.

I am shocked you say that...

I guess that is the difference I have noticed b/t repubs vs. dems.
I don’t know why you would be. I also said Northam should’ve resigned, Franken should’ve resigned, and that if I didn’t think we were at a potentially country-ending scenario with the possibility of FloridaMan Part Deux there’s no way on god’s green earth I would’ve voted for Biden.

Everyone loves the “both sides” stuff, but take a look at what’s actually happening to Cuomo. His own D NY AG is going after him. The D supermajority in the NY assembly wants to strip him of his emergency powers. Biden’s DOJ/FBI are now investigating him. The liberal media is hammering him.

I think we all know that such accountability does not exist like that across the aisle.

It’s true. He’s done. Next up.
Cuomo is done but I am not sure you got my point...

My point is democrats will defend their crazy policies but they are quick to not support you for the most part if you do something egregious... On the other hand, republicans are with you (for the most part) no matter what...

I don’t know why you would be. I also said Northam should’ve resigned, Franken should’ve resigned, and that if I didn’t think we were at a potentially country-ending scenario with the possibility of FloridaMan Part Deux there’s no way on god’s green earth I would’ve voted for Biden.

Everyone loves the “both sides” stuff, but take a look at what’s actually happening to Cuomo. His own D NY AG is going after him. The D supermajority in the NY assembly wants to strip him of his emergency powers. Biden’s DOJ/FBI are now investigating him. The liberal media is hammering him.

I think we all know that such accountability does not exist like that across the aisle.
As an outsider, I know that's how the dems are...

... On the other hand, republicans are with you (for the most part) no matter what...

Both D and R do circle the wagons on their own to some extent, but R’s have taken this so far that it’s jumped the shark from comedy into outright danger, as evidenced by the events of Jan 6, Mitch delaying the trial til trump was out of office and then saying he couldn’t convict because trump was out of office, Lindsey going from “I’m done” to “trump is our future if we want to win in ‘22” etc

Even now, we have delusional people like Matty who see the world as Fox News vs every other media company in the country. Because they can’t fathom why normal, reasonable people might want to actually call out lunatic dipshts and the sycophants who *are still spreading* the big lie that there was a stolen election.