Science Pre-Prequisite GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDancingWriter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm mostly just asking this out of sheer curiosity. Does your science pre-requisite GPA matter more than the individual grades you received, especially if your science pre-requisite GPA is pretty good? Or do those individual grades also matter as much?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say out of all your grades, the science prerequisite GPA matters the most since it determines how well you'll do in PT school. I read your other post concerning your low science pre-requisite GPA. Honestly, there are hundreds of schools, apply to ones that you meet their minimum. It sucks waiting a whole year. If I was you, I would research every single school and apply to ones who don't have a minimum prerequisite GPA or overall GPA.

http://aptaapps.apta.org/ptcas/programlist.aspx

Here's the list of schools.

Good luck.

I would say out of all your grades, the science prerequisite GPA matters the most since it determines how well you'll do in PT school. I read your other post concerning your low science pre-requisite GPA. Honestly, there are hundreds of schools, apply to ones that you meet their minimum. It sucks waiting a whole year. If I was you, I would research every single school and apply to ones who don't have a minimum prerequisite GPA or overall GPA.

http://aptaapps.apta.org/ptcas/programlist.aspx

Here's the list of schools.

Good luck.

Oh no. I don't have a low GPA. Mine is a 3.6 cGPA and a 3.8 pGPA. You might be getting me confused with someone else. I'm asking because it just occurred to me that, if say someone got like a C in physics and a C in, I dunno, a social science, but their pre-req GPA was still bang-on, would it even be worth retaking anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im sorry, I was reading a comment and they asked the same exact question as you lol.

Honestly, I would not retake it. If it was a C in A&P ... then I would definitely retake it.

Im sorry, I was reading a comment and they asked the same exact question as you lol.

Honestly, I would not retake it. If it was a C in A&P ... then I would definitely retake it.

Thanks! I really wanted to know because I'm an anxiety-ridden squirrel and am thinking worst case scenario I get a C in physics I and II, but my pGPA would be a 3.5 if that were to happen because everything else is an A.