Scholl c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohhyourgod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone decided on Scholl? C'mon, if you're out there come out of the woodwork...and if anyone reads this who is currently attending, do you know anyone who has done the DPM/MSc in Tissue Repair/Wound Healing with Cardiff?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing there in January. It is my dream school. *swoon* :love: I'm surprised there hasn't been a c/o 2013 sooner than this!

I am interviewing there in January. It is my dream school. *swoon* :love: I'm surprised there hasn't been a c/o 2013 sooner than this!

It was great other than the location which still isn't HORRIBLE. Kim Young was great, Mandy Meinhardt was awesome. FYI, while you're waiting for the faculty to arrive for the interview, the dean will come in the room and immediately ask you why did you choose this school and why this field. After that he warms up like a puppy, lol. I thought the campus was nice, program seemed solid, and they're changing their curriculum to a staggered year round schedule. I like it! :thumbup:

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
most of this so far I agree with. Kim was awesome, as was the dean and people seemed nice. I was not impressed with how new the facilities were, and incredibly unexcited about the computer lab, specifically how there were certain important programs that you could not remote access. My biggest complaint was that my interview consisted of looking at my mcat score and saying "you would do well here, it is up to you" I had to bring up extra curriculars, and other stuff. They seemed to not want to know about me as a person at all. I think this was probably different from most students though, and I don;t think this is what normally happens. All in all, if I hadnt gotten into DMU I would have chosen scholl. But the 2 years in downtown chicago are not for me, and I think they get a pass occasionally for having the biggest name recognition/most graduates.

But the 2 years in downtown chicago are not for me, and I think they get a pass occasionally for having the biggest name recognition/most graduates.

You do not spend two years downtown chicago for clinic. You will do your clinical rotations up at the school clinic for a year, then choose your externships and then go downtown for the remaining rotations that year. If you choose to do all your externships in Chicago, then I guess you would be down there longer.

I am happy that there is going to be a change in curriculum for you people who decided on Scholl. Now there will be a 2+2 which makes more sense and probably will be more managable than doing all our rotations at the same time as extremely demanding classes and unforgiving exams. Currently, I am in 3rd year and how my curriculum is set up, its very difficult. Much harder than any other year or time during Podiatry school. If you hear people say it gets easier after your 1st year, is complete BS. I don't know how other schools run, but by the time your a thrid year student at Scholl, most all your classmates (that have made it this far) strive for excellence and are highly motivated, smart students. I am not saying that there is a huge amount of students that don't make it, but everyone has to be at a similar level before you leave the school to go out into the realm of externships.

Last edited:
I don't know how other schools run, but by the time your a thrid year student at Scholl, most all your classmates (that have made it this far) strive for excellence and are highly motivated, smart students. I am not saying that there is a huge amount of students that don't make it, but everyone has to be at a similar level before you leave the school to go out into the realm of externships.

I agree with this. I think this should be stressed more. While pod schools may accept more sketchy candidates, if they can't make it they don't and will drop out. School is hard and some can't cut it. Too bad. Contrast this to med school, which is obviously hard, but 95 percent of people pass, and they are more selective of who gets in. You have to really really mess up in order to fail out of med school. So in the end, smart, qualified people graduate from both places. It just depends on the method by which the poor unqualified candidates are weeded out.

and I did like how scholl was switching to 2/2. i think more schools should, even though mine won't be. While I reserve the right to change my mind after a grueling first year, I think I will get bored having the summer off after my first year.

The current class of 2012 has the 2+2 curriculum already incorporated into their schedule. They are considered the "guinea pigs." The 2013 class will be the second class at scholl to have this curriculum. This curriculum allows for all basic sciences classes to be done by the end of 2nd year (much like allopathic med school). RFUMS and Scholl are about to begin building a new building that will (most likely) house a brand new library. They are hoping for completion of the building to be in 2010 or 2011. In terms of location, yes, Norht Chicago is not that much fun. However, we are about 2 mins from Lake Forest, which is one of the nicest/richest communities in the country adn only 30 mins from Chicago (far enough not to be tempted to party instead of study). Rosalind Franklin stresses interprofessional learning so MOST of your classes are with other professionals (this means 3/4 of our classes are with classes other than just podiatry). It provides for a diverse learning environment.

I'm surprised there aren't more posts about Scholl. It seems like such a great school.

Again, do you any of you know more about the DPM/MSc in Tissue Regeneration. Dr. Wu went over it briefly (I should have asked more questions)

About the area, yeah it is pretty rural but like you said, Chicago is like 30 minutes south which is cake! After I interviewed I explored a little south around Evanston and Lakeview - both nice, lively areas. This school is definitely a top contender for me!

I agree with this. I think this should be stressed more. While pod schools may accept more sketchy candidates, if they can't make it they don't and will drop out. School is hard and some can't cut it. Too bad. Contrast this to med school, which is obviously hard, but 95 percent of people pass, and they are more selective of who gets in. You have to really really mess up in order to fail out of med school. So in the end, smart, qualified people graduate from both places. It just depends on the method by which the poor unqualified candidates are weeded out.

You are absolutely correct. :thumbup:

I'm surprised there aren't more posts about Scholl. It seems like such a great school.

Again, do you any of you know more about the DPM/MSc in Tissue Regeneration. Dr. Wu went over it briefly (I should have asked more questions)

About the area, yeah it is pretty rural but like you said, Chicago is like 30 minutes south which is cake! After I interviewed I explored a little south around Evanston and Lakeview - both nice, lively areas. This school is definitely a top contender for me!

I don't think scholl is a 30 minute drive from downtown chicago (maybe no traffic and speeding like crazy). I do know the local train takes 1 hour, 10 minutes to get down to the city.

I don't think scholl is a 30 minute drive from downtown chicago (maybe no traffic and speeding like crazy). I do know the local train takes 1 hour, 10 minutes to get down to the city.
took me 35 minutes and I wasnt speeding ;)

Yea definitely only takes 30-40 mins. Yes with traffic, like anywhere, it takes longer. The train to the city makes stops (hence 1 hour 10 mins).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I haven't been on SDN since I was applying to podiatry school, but I wanted to check back and see if there was a thread on the incoming Scholl class (and also because I'm sick of studying Biochem and wanted something else to look at... haha).

If you have any questions feel free to post them and I'll try to check back here from time to time because I remember how much of a resource this was when I was applying to schools and learning more about the podiatric medical profession. I am the P1 class pres and I can tell you my experience at Scholl so far has been outstanding. We have great professors and great faculty that really care about and enjoy teaching.

The 2 + 2 curriculum that Scholl is implementing right now (and my class will be the first one to go through) makes so much sense. This will allow us as students to spend more time in clinic learning skills that we will be using on a day-to-day basis and condense our classroom time to the first 2 years. Podiatric Medical school is a long and stressful road. Contrary to what many people believe, podiatry school is just as tough as any osteopathic or allopathic school. We've been sitting next to MD students all semester in Anatomy and Essentials of Clinical Reasoning. Luckily, I initially had some trouble gaining an acceptance early into an MD or DO school, was accepted to a DO school after I discovered podiatry, and it was honestly a tough decision, but in the end I chose Podiatry School over the DO school I was accepted to.

As for Podiatric Medicine as a profession, I could sit here and list everything off to you about how great it is. However, I think the best way for you to learn about the profession is to pull out the yellow pages and call podiatric physicians' offices in your area and request to shadow them. You will be blown away by how much they enjoy their job.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. I know I had a lot when I was in your shoes less than a year ago. Since I'm so new to the school I can't answer too many questions about anything other than the life of a P1 student and the Anatomy, Biochem, ECR, and Physio/Histo classes I've taken so far. Also, if you have any questions about life in luxurious North Chicago let me know, haha.

And now back to FA Synthesis...

Hey guys. I haven't been on SDN since I was applying to podiatry school, but I wanted to check back and see if there was a thread on the incoming Scholl class (and also because I'm sick of studying Biochem and wanted something else to look at... haha).

If you have any questions feel free to post them and I'll try to check back here from time to time because I remember how much of a resource this was when I was applying to schools and learning more about the podiatric medical profession. I am the P1 class pres and I can tell you my experience at Scholl so far has been outstanding. We have great professors and great faculty that really care about and enjoy teaching.

The 2 + 2 curriculum that Scholl is implementing right now (and my class will be the first one to go through) makes so much sense. This will allow us as students to spend more time in clinic learning skills that we will be using on a day-to-day basis and condense our classroom time to the first 2 years. Podiatric Medical school is a long and stressful road. Contrary to what many people believe, podiatry school is just as tough as any osteopathic or allopathic school. We've been sitting next to MD students all semester in Anatomy and Essentials of Clinical Reasoning. Luckily, I initially had some trouble gaining an acceptance early into an MD or DO school, was accepted to a DO school after I discovered podiatry, and it was honestly a tough decision, but in the end I chose Podiatry School over the DO school I was accepted to.

As for Podiatric Medicine as a profession, I could sit here and list everything off to you about how great it is. However, I think the best way for you to learn about the profession is to pull out the yellow pages and call podiatric physicians' offices in your area and request to shadow them. You will be blown away by how much they enjoy their job.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. I know I had a lot when I was in your shoes less than a year ago. Since I'm so new to the school I can't answer too many questions about anything other than the life of a P1 student and the Anatomy, Biochem, ECR, and Physio/Histo classes I've taken so far. Also, if you have any questions about life in luxurious North Chicago let me know, haha.

And now back to FA Synthesis...

Thanks for the input! How are you liking all that snow up there? :laugh:
If you dont mind me asking, how far do you live from the college/where do you live? I know some people in Evanston and I wanted to move to that area.

Well, I'm from Oklahoma, so its snowed as much this past week as it snowed all winter in Oklahoma. The snow and cold sucks, and apparently this isn't the worst of it... When your indoors studying all the time it really doesn't matter though. It just sucks in the morning and night walking to the car, haha.

I live in a house with P2 students up in Waukegan. There is a housing message board on the www.rosalindfranklin.edu website that I used and found a P2 that was looking for a 4th roommate to move in. It's worked out great. I am not sure I would want to live all the way down in Evanston. Thats up to you though. I'm studying at a classmate's apartment in the dorms today, and I'm here quite a bit hanging out with friends or studying, so I think if I were to do it over again I would try to get in the dorms. My roommates are great, the house I live in is nice, but it really doesn't matter because I am never there. I get distracted when I try to study at home. Everyone is different though.

Has anyone decided on Scholl? C'mon, if you're out there come out of the woodwork...and if anyone reads this who is currently attending, do you know anyone who has done the DPM/MSc in Tissue Repair/Wound Healing with Cardiff?

I'm a 3rd year Scholl student and there is one person in my class doing the DPM/MSc in woundcare at Cardiff. She seems to like it, but obviously it's added work (papers, thesis, travel, etc.). My advice would be to commit yourself fully or not at all. There are also two students in my class going into the DPM/PhD program. This will add at least 3 years onto schooling for them. Not recommended unless you're very interested in research and don't mind spending an extra few years in school. RFUMS also offers an MPH at half tuition to students currently enrolled. Hope this helps.

ps-Scholl rocks!

I'm a 2nd year Scholl student and I wish I was able to express how fortunate I am to have chosen Scholl over other schools I was accepted too (including MD schools). Often on these forums, you hear about a certain few schools being the "top tier," but I'll go ahead and put my money where my mouth is to say that Scholl is BY FAR the best school in the country, so much that there really isn't much of a comparison. I say this for 2 reasons:

Scholl attracts the highest caliber of podiatry students in the country and there are some fantastic students who who will become excellent physicians. Surrounding yourself with this crowd not only enhances your educational experience, but provides limitless opportunities for networking and personal development.

My second anecdote is a personal one. I took part in a week-long podiatry residency shadowing program last summer (more or less a recruiting program for the hospital's podiatry residency). I was there with a student from Ohio and one from Des Moines, who were both very bright and very capable. I was so far head-and-shoulders above them in my clinical science knowledge that the residency director mistook me for a rotating fourth year student on multiple occasions. I'm definitely not even close to being the smartest person in my class, but I attribute this to being a Scholl student.

When it all comes down to it, all schools are charged with the responsibility of preparing you to pass boards and become competent physicians. I certainly didn't want to "just pass," I want to be among the best. I can say with reasonable certainty that probably wouldn't be possible unless I came to Scholl

cheers!

I'm a 2nd year Scholl student and I wish I was able to express how fortunate I am to have chosen Scholl over other schools I was accepted too (including MD schools). Often on these forums, you hear about a certain few schools being the "top tier," but I'll go ahead and put my money where my mouth is to say that Scholl is BY FAR the best school in the country, so much that there really isn't much of a comparison. I say this for 2 reasons:

Scholl attracts the highest caliber of podiatry students in the country and there are some fantastic students who who will become excellent physicians. Surrounding yourself with this crowd not only enhances your educational experience, but provides limitless opportunities for networking and personal development.

My second anecdote is a personal one. I took part in a week-long podiatry residency shadowing program last summer (more or less a recruiting program for the hospital's podiatry residency). I was there with a student from Ohio and one from Des Moines, who were both very bright and very capable. I was so far head-and-shoulders above them in my clinical science knowledge that the residency director mistook me for a rotating fourth year student on multiple occasions. I'm definitely not even close to being the smartest person in my class, but I attribute this to being a Scholl student.

When it all comes down to it, all schools are charged with the responsibility of preparing you to pass boards and become competent physicians. I certainly didn't want to "just pass," I want to be among the best. I can say with reasonable certainty that probably wouldn't be possible unless I came to Scholl

cheers!

:corny:

cheers!

lol thanks for your enthusiastic input. youre on the cheer squad?

jk.. rly, thanks! :)

Hey everyone, I just wanted to put my two cents in about my Scholl experience (and like others on here avoid studying :p). I interviewed on 12/4, so I experienced some of the lovely freezing cold weather and leftover snow of Chicago.. not a total shock from Philly but definitely windier! Honestly if my deposit wasn't already in for Temple, Scholl would have made my decision super hard (provided I get in that is lol I shouldn't assume!). I was also not the only one who was having a tough time with their decision after that day haha. The school seems amazing, and my interview day gave me a really good vibe! I met incredible people (anybody from that day with me should add me on Facebook, I'd love to keep in touch!!), and I would love to go back there come externship/residency time! Since Temple was my first interview and I had my heart set on it, I was hesitant to go to see other schools. I'm glad I have though, because it's really good to get different perspectives and see new cities. Seeing Barry didn't really make me want to go there so bad, but now I know Miami Beach is definitely my favorite vacation spot ever :D

I'm so excited to attend Scholl next Fall!!!!!!

Anyone else attending?!

Last edited:
im sorry but i just dont understand people's attraction to Temple. Can someone enlighten me?

im sorry but i just dont understand people's attraction to Temple. Can someone enlighten me?

Search Temple under these forums and read anything that I've written as well as anyone else who'll be in the 2013 class.. honestly I think it's pretty much just our personal preference, because I definitely think other schools are equally as good. TUSPM just agrees with me, and I think I'm going to be an awesome DPM someday when I come out of there :)

does scholl still hand out same day acceptances? how long does it take to hear from them after interviewing? thanks.

I interviewed on a Friday and got my acceptance + scholarship on Monday via e-mail. That's where I'll be going :)

Thanks for the input! How are you liking all that snow up there? :laugh:
If you dont mind me asking, how far do you live from the college/where do you live? I know some people in Evanston and I wanted to move to that area.

Do yourself a favor and live in the city. Evanston, Rogers Park, Lakeview or potentially Lincoln park if you want to take the train. If you prefer driving, look at the northwest nieghboorhoods. I plan on moving from north chicago to the city because I hate north chicago. Deciding where to live when you'll be commuting a signifigant distance to school presumably everyday is something you should think strongly about. If you like to study at home and not go to class, then I would think about living away from school. I personally feel that with the wealth of materials they provide us outside of class on D2L at scholl that if you can't get a great grasp of the material then you probably shouldn't be in pod school. I find that my attendance has no correlation with my grades earned. The first term or so at school will be spend refining or developing your study skills.

I am pretty sure I am going to Scholl next year. I just have to convince my parents that the buttload of loans I will have at Scholl will be worth it over ocpm. :(

Do yourself a favor and live in the city. Evanston, Rogers Park, Lakeview or potentially Lincoln park if you want to take the train. If you prefer driving, look at the northwest nieghboorhoods. I plan on moving from north chicago to the city because I hate north chicago. Deciding where to live when you'll be commuting a signifigant distance to school presumably everyday is something you should think strongly about. If you like to study at home and not go to class, then I would think about living away from school. I personally feel that with the wealth of materials they provide us outside of class on D2L at scholl that if you can't get a great grasp of the material then you probably shouldn't be in pod school. I find that my attendance has no correlation with my grades earned. The first term or so at school will be spend refining or developing your study skills.

thanks iceman. this is kinda what i wanted to hear. while i like going to class and interacting, i have no problem studying at home. and youre correct, North Chicago is a huge space of nothing. aesthetically it's nice, especially when i went to interview... (the leaves were changing, etc) just looks like a lot of nothing

you're right. there are lot of nice places to live in the city, and in evanston. I personally like Lakeview, Lincoln Park and Wicker Park/bucktown a lot. You will probably need a roommate to afford a place in one of those areas. GL.

I'm going to scholl next year, does anyone know anything about on campus housing?? I'm just curious if it's a good idea or not.

I'm going to scholl next year, does anyone know anything about on campus housing?? I'm just curious if it's a good idea or not.

I currently live in the on campus housing. It's pretty nice for student housing although RFUMS does not have a traditional dorm style meal plan...they're just apartments. They're new, and nice with plenty of space. North Chicago blows though, I'm moving downtown when my lease is up.

I am a first year Scholl student, and I live in a single apartment on campus. They are pretty nice, short walk to class in the morning really beats commuting. I personally like not having to worry about driving in the morning, especially with the snow and the people who can't seem to handle driving in it. I don't think the apartments are that old, only 5 or 6 years if I remember correctly, and the ones I have seen reflect that. Everything seems to be in pretty good shape. There is a laundry room on each floor, and there are hookups in each apartment for a stackable washer/dryer if you choose not to use the community machines. There is a room for you to bring your garbage and recycling on each floor too, except the ground floor. If you are on the ground floor you have to either take your trash outside to the dumpsters or bring it up to the 2nd floor room. I am on the first floor and I don't mind carrying my garbage upstairs, I don't go through that much anyway, and its nice not having to wait for the elevator every day. You can get direct tv if you want it, they don't offer cable. Heat, water, trash and internet are all included in your rent. My only bills each month are direct tv and my electric (which has been between $20-$30/month since I moved out here in August).

I just got my student housing contract (email) yesterday. Is anyone else living in the apartments?

I'm also currently a 1st year, but I'm living in the Woodland's apartments which are in between campus and the clinic. They are also a short walk to campus which is great. I chose the woodlands because the dorms are not family friendly (I have two kids). Several single students live here in the woodlands also. I would recommend living close to campus for at least the first year while you get to know the area and maybe find a good roommate for the next year. Most students end up living down closer to the city for their 3rd & 4th year.

Hey, long time lurker first time poster.

Just got accepted at Scholl. Strongly leaning towards it, but I also like Temple.

On the one hand, I think the breadth of clinical exposure at Temple would be better, and living arrangements in Philly will be more convenient then moving to North Chicago for 2 years and then downtown another 2 years.

On the other hand, even though it sounds like bullcrap, I like the whole "interprofessional setting." Plus, due to scholarships and such, Temple is going to cost me $6k more per year, assuming everything gets renewed, etc. I don't want to go into the specifics on that.

Plus I grew up around Chicago and I'm a Bulls and Bears fan.

On the other hand, that means I'll be within driving distance from my parents and they'll expect me to visit.:rolleyes:

I figure I'll ask around for advice, though this thread already is helpful.

Just got accepted at Scholl. Strongly leaning towards it, but I also like Temple.

Hey Adam Smasher, so I have the same decision to make that you do, between Scholl and Temple; I also grew up in Chicago. I am having a lot of trouble deciding between the two schools, and I am not sure if it is worth moving out to Philadelphia for the exceptional clinical exposure that Temple provides. I am curious to know how you are going about deciding between the two schools, you can pm me about it.

I know this has been discussed on earlier threads, and I have probably read them, but does anyone else have any new insights which could help a pre-pod decide between Scholl and Temple?? Thanks!

I've looked over this forum several times, and I cannot get a good feel, where do most first year students live? I would enjoy saving money living in the area around the school, however I am young and the city is a rather attractive option. Also I am from the Northwest Suburbs, and the non academic life of North Chicago/Waukegan dims in comparison to the city. Did any of you current students live in the city your first year?/Was this a positive or negative experience? Also is it recommended that your roommate is a fellow pod student? Thanks

I've looked over this forum several times, and I cannot get a good feel, where do most first year students live? I would enjoy saving money living in the area around the school, however I am young and the city is a rather attractive option. Also I am from the Northwest Suburbs, and the non academic life of North Chicago/Waukegan dims in comparison to the city. Did any of you current students live in the city your first year?/Was this a positive or negative experience? Also is it recommended that your roommate is a fellow pod student? Thanks

Dude, as a first year at SCPM, I recommend you live in the city only if you plan on not going to class a lot, studying on your own, and generally loath North Chicago and the surrounding area. Chicago is a lot of fun. If you feel you can swing it, I would recommend living in the city. Evanston is another option for you as it will cut ~20 minutes off the 1hr ride on the cho-choo. I recently moved into the city because I hate north chicago, the school, and am now going to the University of Chicago in the fall. GL with your housing.

I recently gave my interview with scholl. The committee was really nice but the only thing I didn't like is the curriculum. They have Quarterly system, which is kinda keep me back... and I don't think I am falling for this............

^I interviewed with the head of the curriculum committee and he said that one reason for having a quarter system is to give students a break about every 13 weeks. If you look closely at the curriculum, you will notice that some classes span multiple quarters and some even end mid quarter. Biochem, for example, starts in the first week and ends in the fourth week of the winter quarter. So its not really a traditional quarter system.

I talked to a few students about this system and they really liked having a week off after the quarter to catch up on studying for upcoming finals, cleaning, or working. That week break is definitely going to keep me sane! :thumbup:

but they also don't have instruction on the net. so if we missed the class we done......they only have a lab work online.

but they also don't have instruction on the net. so if we missed the class we done......they only have a lab work online.

Yeah, they do post classes online. Where were you during the interview?!

Yeah, they do post classes online. Where were you during the interview?!

I had a Regional Interview and the student recruitment lady "Mandy" told me that they don't have lecture online....are you the scholls student or you will be joinnig the class of 2013

I had a Regional Interview and the student recruitment lady "Mandy" told me that they don't have lecture online....are you the scholls student or you will be joinnig the class of 2013

Oh well that would explain a lot. I was under the impression that they do post lectures online, but maybe they just post powerpoints? Yes I'll be going to Scholl in the fall.

Oh well that would explain a lot. I was under the impression that they do post lectures online, but maybe they just post powerpoints? Yes I'll be going to Scholl in the fall.

Typically, only powerpoints are posted on D2L. Only a few classes have taped classes. The quarter system blows. The staggered curriculum never lets you enjoy your break because the dickhead professors schedule exams the week immediately after your break. IMHO, scholl is converting to a 2+2 cirriculum solely as a marketing tool because they do not even know what courses we're taking next year, or who will be teaching them and there are only 3 instructors in the basic sciences department of SCPM. After listening to the dean of academics pontificate upon our new course structure it truly isn't much different from the previous model as your 3rd year courses have been rolled into "capstone experiences" in the crappy scholl clinic in the burbs. In retrospect, I wouldn't go to SCPM. I hate pretty much everything about the school. Do not expect much in terms of educational quality. I highly recommend you study on your own and never go to class except when required. If I were a pre-pod I would go to DMU, AZPOD, Temple, or maybe Western after it was established. GL to all incomming P1s.

Well, like iceman69, I am a 1st year at Scholl. I have had a great experience here. I am studying for our finals next week, but his post really irritates me, and I would hope that if you are a future student you take a look at everyones posts about Scholl. If you are a student applying here, you need to look at everyones opinion, and not let this disgruntled student sway you one way or another. Don't let iceman69 be the sole source of your information about our school.

The professors here are some of the best I've had at any level. I will probably post more later. Please take a moment to read some of iceman69's former posts and take note of all the negativity on any subject. Scholl is a great school, with great faculty that are there for the students, listen to the students, and will do anything they possibly can to give us the best education they can.

I'm thankful to have discovered podiatry and am just as thankful for my decision to move to Chicagoland and attend Scholl. This year has been an incredible amount of work, but it's also been a great year. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I am just finishing me second year at Scholl. Typically I don't post anything on the SDN but when I came across the previous post by iceman69 I was very disappointed and felt the need to express how wonderful my experience at Scholl has been.

Since day one, I have been impressed by the faculty and administration. The professors go above and beyond to make sure Scholl students are getting the best education possible. In July I will be taking my boards. While I need to study, I am not too concerned because the most recent data I could find showed Scholl students with a 92% first time pass rate on Part 1 compared to a national average of 81%. So iceman can rip on "education quality" but facts are fact.

Some of our instructors are directly related to Scholl but many are also affiliated with the Chicago Medical School. This provides a great mix of instructors and a wealth of information. In general anatomy alone we probably had between 5-7 instructors. While that might seem overwhelming it actually works out great because they all specialize in one area and are able to provide you with the most important information you need.

Research has always been strong at Scholl. If you have time, Google CLEAR (Center for Lower Extremity Ambulatory Research). Take a look at some CVs for the folks working in CLEAR...you will be impressed.

In regards to the quarter system...I think it works out perfectly fine. You do get to enjoy your breaks. My first spring break, I went to LA. This past spring break I went snowmobiling in South Dakota. Currently I am planning a trip for New Years Eve in New Orleans. So, while we work hard...we play hard too.

Scholl is an awesome place. There will always be someone unhappy, whether it is Scholl or Temple or OCPM or wherever. However, I guarantee the vast majority of students at Scholl love their experience.

I completely agree with both Cincyguy and JohnBlake. I'm going into my 4th year at Scholl and I've had a great experience so far! My first clerkship was in January as a 3rd year (the earliest any school does a clerkship). I rotated with a 4th year student from another school (who shall remain anonymous) and my clinical and basic science knowledge FAR outweighed his. Scholl has prepared me very well for everything that I've encountered so far. I have absolutely no regrets coming to this school. Again, look at the board passage rates for step I,II and III. If those numbers don't speak for themselves I don't know what will.

As for you iceman69. I don't know if anyone told you this, but podiatry school isn't easy. You're not always going to like the schedule. No one is going to hold your hand and walk you through. Mommy and daddy are not around. So, suck it up and study. If you really don't like it at Scholl, transfer to one of the other schools and let us know a year from now how much you really enjoy it.