Saem/aaem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbuJadenDO

Soon2beOB
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What have they done for you???

Members don't see this ad.

AAEM
Allowed me free registration at their awesome SA last year where I got to hang out with an awesome attending who let me come to Cali for the month to do an U/S rotation with him and there I had my first Double Double Animal Style.
Need I say more? Psyched to go to Tejas this year for the SA.
Oh yeah and Rules of the Road for MS's was a good read for anyone applying to EM. I think they just released a free palm tox reference too but not too sure on that one.
SAEM
Still trying to figure it out. They gave me a virtual adviser I suppose but he was really of little use by the time I was finally assigned one.

drkp said:
AAEM
there I had my first Double Double Animal Style.
Need I say more?

Holy crap... Then I remembered Fatburger. We don't have those here in the great state of North Carolina.

Members don't see this ad :)
drewpydog said:
Holy crap... Then I remembered Fatburger. We don't have those here in the great state of North Carolina.

Or is it In-N-Out Burger? Either way, I gets none.

drewpydog said:
Or is it In-N-Out Burger? Either way, I gets none.
In N Out. What is this Fatburger you speak of? I am intrigued.

Fat burger is awesome but nothing compares to a 4x4 animal with whole grilled from in'n'out

drkp said:
AAEM
there I had my first Double Double Animal Style.
Need I say more? Psyched to go to Tejas this year for the SA.

When you get to SA go to a Jims Coffeehouse or Frontier drive-in and order the frontierburger (#3) with extra sauce. A SA tradition for 60 years.

BKN said:
When you get to SA go to a Jims Coffeehouse or Frontier drive-in and order the frontierburger (#3) with extra sauce. A SA tradition for 60 years.
See I knew having some PD's on SDN would pay off. THANKS BKN!!! I definately will.

LifeLongPassion said:
What have they done for you???

As a vegetarian, I can't seem to be as excited about the meat products fronting up on this thread :laugh: . However, I am wondering if it is even worth becoming a member of these groups. Is it worth it just to be able to list it on your CV? :cool:

well i signed up for both being that aaem was free at the time i signed up.
as it turns out, AAEM (who hasn't received a dime from me) floods my inbox with stuff (some cool some not) about things going on around the country....while SAEM who boinked (yes i said boinked) me for 80 bux has yet to send me any materials or even answer my emails and it's been a couple months now.

i also signed up for that SAEM virtual advisor a while back and still no word.

i'd say that's my two cents but SAEM took that too

There are DEFINATELY better traditions in SA than Jims. (ech)

trkd said:
As a vegetarian, I can't seem to be as excited about the meat products fronting up on this thread :laugh: . However, I am wondering if it is even worth becoming a member of these groups. Is it worth it just to be able to list it on your CV? :cool:
I would strongly recommend joining AAEM, especially as a medical studnet. You get a LOT of information, and its extremely affordable for the medical student (i.e. FREE). You will be kept up to date as to what's going on with EM in general, and also get some great resources. Join today!

Q

trkd said:

I wasn't aware EM Residents and EP's were allowed to be vegetarians. :p
(just kidding)

roja said:
There are DEFINATELY better traditions in SA than Jims. (ech)

Have you tried a charbroiled, secret sauced frontierburger?

I'm not holdng any other brief for Jim's, otherwise it's just Denny's.

Then again, maybe it's just nostalgia for my childhood.

:)

Jambi said:
I wasn't aware EM Residents and EP's were allowed to be vegetarians. :p
(just kidding)

:scared: Are they going to make me eat meat at the interview to prove I am not vegetarian?!? :barf:

Oh well, maybe I'll try to match pathology or PM&R. Woe is me. :laugh:

drkp said:
SAEM
Still trying to figure it out. They gave me a virtual adviser I suppose but he was really of little use by the time I was finally assigned one.

Yep, I'm still waiting to get mine, too. I think that I'll have graduated by the time s/he finally emails me.

QuinnNSU said:
I would strongly recommend joining AAEM, especially as a medical studnet. You get a LOT of information, and its extremely affordable for the medical student (i.e. FREE).

It's only free for the first year. For each additional year the cost is $20 (I think). Every now and then I get an email from AAEM advertising limited-time offers of reduced rates of $10. Apparently, the only benefit to becoming a paying member is that AAEM will ship me a hard copy of "Rules of the Road."