AAEM vs ICEP oral boards course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EthylMethylMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide which one to take. My exam is in May and I'm doing Okuda now, but I definitely need a course because I barely do EM nowadays. The ICEP course has openings in April, while the next AAEM is in early May. It's making me lean towards ICEP since I'd have more time to use the feedback and improve. Any comment on one vs the other in terms of quality would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

don't know anything about ICEP. I did take AAEM (in person back in the day), and found it to be very beneficial, and worth the time and money. YMMV, you don't strictly need a review course, but was helpful for me.

I’ll second that AAEM was very useful

Members don't see this ad :)
AAEM was good. I took the course (virtual) about a week before the actual exam and it was fine. Too much time in between would have made me forget the high points from the review course, tbh.

I’d add it’s important to do Okuda out loud with someone, rather than just reading it. I did some of the cases with my husband (FF/medic) and some with my mom (totally non medical) and I still think it was 100% more helpful than just reading the cases. Never did a review course fwiw

Bump, did you end up using one of these courses and how was it? Would appreciate any new thoughts on AAEM vs ICEP courses!