sackler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuddyMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know what the dress code at sackler is...do they wear the same white coats that the US students do. Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by BuddyMD
anyone know what the dress code at sackler is...do they wear the same white coats that the US students do. Just curious.

Does it matter?

Originally posted by BuddyMD

.. lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Purifyer
.. lol.

This reminds me about a post I once read about some Caribbean students who kicked up a fuss at some Uni b/c there wasn't a white coat ceremony like at US schools.

Can anyone enlighten me on what a White coat ceremony is?

Originally posted by flindophile
It is a ceremony where people congratulate themselves before they have accomplished anything.

Be nice ;) They got into med school, isn't that enough of an accomplishment? Every culture has weird rituals that might not make much sense to outsiders.

Any one out there knows the answer!!!

Originally posted by Lenin
Any one out there knows the answer!!!

I doubt they have a policy against Palestinians, but you should consider that Sackler is made up chiefly of NY Jews. It's also pretty difficult to get in.

-pitman

Thanks for the answer.

The dress code is as follows:

In the classroom anything goes. When its hot and dry: shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, and sandals are the norm.

In the hospital it's not as casual, but still much more lax than the States. Pants or skirts of any type and color; that means jeans are ok. Solid T-shirts are good too. For the guys, leave all your ties at home nobody wears them here. As for footwear sandals are acceptable because it's part of the culture; feel free to wear sneakers as well.

As for white coats, there is no ceremony. At the begining of each rotation you get a coat from the hospital which you return at the end. There is no such thing as a student white coat you wear the same thing as the docs.

Hope this helps (I also think this will make for some interesting conversation!):cool: