Sackler Waiting List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dondon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was placed on the Sackler Waiting List today. Im very disappointed and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or success stories or any idea of what chance one has of getting off the waiting list.

IS THERE HOPE?? any advice would be really appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I was placed on the Sackler Waiting List today. Im very disappointed and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or success stories or any idea of what chance one has of getting off the waiting list.

Of course there is hope. We all know "that guy" who got off the waitlist. I know someone in my class who got off the waitlist on Aug. 7th. With that being said, there are plenty of strategies listed all over SDN on what to do to help your chances. Just do a quick search.

The most important thing is to maintain contact with the people that make decisions. Call them enough for them to remember who you are and that you are interested, but not enough that they get annoyed. There is this letter you can write, although I forget what it is called (letter of intent?), where you notify the school that if granted admission you will 100% go. Does that help? It can't hurt. You may also want to contact your interviewer (who I assume you sent a nice thank you letter to) and get him/her to start vouching for you. In addition, if you have stuff to add to your application since it was submitted (i.e. another LOR, something that was just published, etc.) ask the NY office if they are willing to look at it/add to your file. They probably would accept it. There are tons of things you can do. Just do a search through SDN. This applies to all schools you may be wait listed on. Good luck.

they ask you to notify them that you want to stay on the waitlist...so i sent them a letter saying (something along the lines of) i would be delighted to stay on the waitlist because sackler is my number one choice and i would love to experience becoming a doctor in israel (i remembered that my interviewer stressed that you dont only become a doctor, you become a doctor in israel)

i got my acceptance letter less than 2 weeks after that...i dont know if its cuz of the letter or just cuz enough people didnt take their acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate the advice people. I'll get working on it.

this might be a ******ed question but i am quite desperate at this point. anyway, i was placed on an "active waiting list"

so is that equivalent to a ranked waiting list? -as oppose to i guess an inactive waiting list, where the students are not ranked, thus have less of a chance... or is the active WL the only WL?

I was on it... Its a fancy name for the waiting list unfortunately.

They would only have one waiting list, so the active waiting list would be it. And I would assume they place people on the wait list with some sort of ranking system...maybe not a complex one, but they may group people by a point system.

from what i understand most adcoms award points based on statistics (MCAT, GPA), personal statements/essays, and interviews. So they would total the points and rank people with that, then just start at the top of the pile.

By active, it means when a spot becomes available, such as the number of enrollees drops below their minimum after they have closed the application process, then they take that top piece of paper, copy the address, and send a letter of acceptance.

Good luck, I hope to see yall in tel aviv this fall!

Hello my fellow waitlisters!

As if 9 months wasn't enough waiting around ! I called in search of the vital questions today. They did a very thorough job of NOT answering my questions!

How frustrating...

Anyways. I guess we wait for the heavens to just open up at this point...:laugh:

sackler broke my heart...

any movement for anyone on the wait list?

none here...

I am still waiting to hear back about my interview ( I didn't have it until April ). When I called the office I was told the next committee meeting would be at the end of this month. I'm still hoping something good can happen! Hopefully something good will happen with you too!

The graduation for the class of 2008 is this week and some of the people from the NY Office are here in Israel for it. That is why no more decisions will be made until the end of the month.

Anyone who interviewed in May, hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know anyone did interview in may? I interviewed in April but also haven't heard back yet...

I'm crossing my fingers for you dondon, I hope you hear from Sackler soon!!

I'm crossing my fingers for you dondon, I hope you hear from Sackler soon!!

thank you, i hope so as well! where are you going next year?

I will be at Sackler. Where are you going if you don't get in?

I will be at Sackler. Where are you going if you don't get in?

im on 2 us waitlists besides sackler- not sure if i have a chance at this point. so as of now sgu...

Hey everyone,

Couple questions:

1. Does anyone have any updates or news from the school? Any movement on the list?

2. Does Sackler always take a few people off the waitlist? Or some years do they have no room?

Thanks, just trying to hold out hope.

curious what kind of stats (dondon) lands someone on sackler's waiting list ...

also, how did you guys handle the fact that there aren't enough spaces on their online form for all of the courses ... at least for me there isn't ...

did anyone mail the same information? is there a paper application option?

great school. great location. i'm applying!

thanks.

stiz.

:thumbup:

also, how did you guys handle the fact that there aren't enough spaces on their online form for all of the courses ... at least for me there isn't ...

did anyone mail the same information? is there a paper application option?

I didn't list every one of my classes on the application when I was applying last year because there wasn't room. I put the hardest classes I took that I got the best grades in. In my opinion, if they wanted to see all of your classes, they would give you unlimited spaces to list them. Also, if they really do need to see a more detailed list, they will have your transcript.

To my knowledge, there is no paper app, but it can't hurt to call the NY office and ask!

Sorry to keep asking, but does anyone have any information regarding those who are waitlisted?

Is there even anymroe room in the class?

Thanks!

It looks like the class is nearly, if not completely, full...

Again, if anyone has any insights they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

any movement for anyone??

Hey, Just wondering if you guys have been in touch with Sackler and what, if anything, you've heard. I'm still on the list and am starting to think it might not work out this year... Does anyone have any idea how many people are waiting for spots in our position, and what the chances look like? Any time I call/email they're always just like "thank you" and never really give me any hint as to how my chances looks...

Guys, there will be a little movement sometime soon. I've just been accepted to a school in my home state, and due to Green Card issues I will be going in the US rather than to Sackler. So, a position is opening up. Good luck! Looks like the experience will be a hell of a ride!

you just made my day. good luck to you! what school btw?

Guys, there will be a little movement sometime soon. I've just been accepted to a school in my home state, and due to Green Card issues I will be going in the US rather than to Sackler. So, a position is opening up. Good luck! Looks like the experience will be a hell of a ride!

Man, it really looks like the class is full...

what are you basing your information on? Did you find out from the office that the class is full?

Just the number of people that have joined the sackler class of 2012 group on facebook

problem is...many people from 2011 and 2010 joined that group...so its not that great of an estimate.

i hope the class isnt completely full...

If anyone gets in or hears anything it would be much appreciated if you posted here. Thanks

Based on what the director of the admission's office told me, the committee was supposed to meet today and come to more decisions.

Based on what the director of the admission's office told me, the committee was supposed to meet today and come to more decisions.

i'm a current student (just finished my 2nd year)... by mid-july, the class is essentially full... the only movement is due to people who have been accepted (and turned in the deposit) deciding not to go, for whatever reason. if you are on the waitlist, you still have a chance, but it may not be that big of a chance anymore. if you haven't thought of a plan b, you should seriously consider one at this point.

in regards to the facebook membership number, that is not a reliable indicator... not just because there are members from upper classes in it (giving advice, etc.) but because not everyone uses it. a better indicator is the sackler yahoo group, but it is a private group and only those accepted and turned in a deposit have access to it or can see the membership in it.

Medgal, The admissions committee met yesterday???

Wow. I hope the just tell me one way or the other. The uncertainity of the whole thing just sucks.

dondon, were you rejected from technion and waitlisted at tel aviv/sackler? bol getting in.

i was told by the nyc office today that the class is "basically complete" and that there was no committee meeting and that there will be none until people who are in the class withdraw their applications for whatever reason...

and yes, i was rejected from the technion...

WTF? There was no committee meeting????

Thats really frustrating. Hopefully they will officially tell us yes or no asap.

seriously... waiting sucks i need an answer... there are 3 people in that office and each one of them says something else everytime i call...

Where are you guys going if you don't get into Sackler? And if you don't have an alternate are you starting to fill out the Amcas again??

any movement?

any movement?

I just got an email with a spot for the class of 2012. I was wait listed in April or so...what a nice birthday gift! Miracles can happen.

wow congrats! i am so jealous right now.

Another miracle! I just got my acceptance email from Sackler today!!Israel here I come!

congrats! i feel left out though... do you guys think there is some kind of ordered list by which people get off the wait list? or does the admission committee meet every time?

is it just about over? im pretty much out of hope...