Sackler In Tel Aviv-MY dream school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InNY

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that while I respect everyone's individual opinion, my dream is go to medical school in Sackler. I grew up right here in NY, but I have a lot of family in Israel and a very strong Israeli background due to going there a lot with my father when I was a child. Then, I went to see the school this summer on the Tel Aviv campus, and just fell in love with it. It was so beautiful. I know a lot of people wouldn't want to go there because of the problems going on there now with the peace process, but I want to go there with all my heart. I just know how damn hard it is to get in there. I still have to finish takinf organic chem, which I am doing at night while I work full time during the day as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist.I have a 3.29 gpa from OT school, and I have tons of experience working with disabled kids as a teacher aide in special education centers across Long Island, plus Ive done the volunteering thing in a hospital with a doctor, did a special research project two summers ago for a scholarship I won at Parker Jewish Geriatric Institute, and am fluent in Hebrew and Spanish. Ok, so whatever, my extracurricular credentials are ok, though my grades are soso, but doesnt it count that I just really want to study medicine in Israel. Does that help at all? If anyone has any positive things to say about Sackler or is a student there and can tell me what the admissions proces is like Id really appreciate it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Sackler's US office is in Manhattan. I don't have the phone number, but you will find it in the Manhattan directory. You will get all the answers you need from there.