Sackler Applications for August 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakers4ever14

Balling Doc-2-B
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My application is almost complete at Sackler (only missing my LOR's, which have been mailed). I spoke with them this morning and they said that they will review completed apps starting in November and will not begin to conduct interviews until January.

This is kind of disheartening only because I have applied to back up schools (but sackler is my number one choice) and a lot of them will be required the deposits well ahead of even my possible interview at sackler.

I was wondering, could anyone shed some light on the application process and a possible timeline?

Members don't see this ad.

Sackler is my number 1 choice - over US allopathic.

I speak Hebrew, I want to live in Tel Aviv, and the program seems like a great fit for me.

I'm wondering how other people feel? I hope that the admissions committee takes into account my desire to go there and also the fact that it will be an easy transition for me because I have lived in Israel before.

Can anyone comment on this?

Me too, I speak read and write hebrew fluently, I love the program there and I am really hoping they take that into consideration.

But I did apply to other programs as back ups. The problem is that there is not too much know about the averages for their matriculants, so I have no idea where I stand.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody know the rough stats for people accepted to sackler?

Just sent in my LOR's yesterday. Gulp.

I applied back in the summer! still waiting to hear. they start interviewing in January right?? Sackler is definitely my first choice program (over many U.S. programs!) I speak hebrew fluently and know Tel Aviv pretty well. I am hoping for an interview!! When do they start? has anyone heard from them? I want to call but I dont want to seem like the annoying pesky one.

The lady on the phone said application evaluations will begin late January and contacts for interviews will likely begin mid-February.

Yes!! Received notification of interview today for Sackler!! Looks like they've started reviewing applications...So excited!

Email, I think they just started giving out interviews because my interview date is this Tuesday, so they're just starting to fill up their schedule

me three! got interview invite via email today. but to those of you who are interviewing tuesday- did YOU choose this date, or did they choose it for you? I was told "to arrange your interview, please call the admissions office as soon as possible between 930 and 430." only saw the email at 5 (blackberry problems today :(), so will call first thing in morning. Soo excited!

Congrats to all those who got interviews...

do you guys mind posting your stats?
I was complete back in November, but haven't heard anything yet, I know it's early though

Sure! GPA 3.79, MCAT: 27O, 8 Verbal, 10 PS, 9 BS
I submitted my application in June and was complete by July

And I didn't pick the date for my interview, they offered me a date and asked if that worked for me.

Waiting on an interview... Spoke with them today and my application is in review. My fiance and I would really absolutely love to be at Sackler next year! We are both very excited. (I am the student, she is my support system.) For those who do interview tomorrow, can you let us know how the interview went, what questions were asked / formal or informal?

Thanks!

Emanuel
see my post in the "sackler 2014" thread. I interviewed yesterday.
I also posted a review on the SDN interview forum (just google "interview feedback")
it was a relaxed interview (IMO), and it was informal, no pressure at all. not like he was trying to trick me or anything like that. no ethical questions like which patient would you choose for a heart transplant etc. really laid back like he really wanted to get to know me. good luck!