Sackler and Wheels

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonathani1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of transportation do Sackler students use to get between home and school? Foot/sherut/bus?

Does anyone cycle? I'm thinking of bringing my bike, but remember (from my time in Jerusalem) that Israeli drivers were not necessarily the most cycler friendly.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking the same thing, I would also like to bring my bike. Any idea what's the best way to go about that? ship it?

I'm thinking of brining mine on the plane. Apparently you can get a special box from the airline. (According to the BGU guide med students at the BGU program have done that. Of course BGU is out in the desert and may be easier cycling terrain traffic-wise.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it depends on how attached you are to your bike..

I think I'm going to buy a used bike when I get there..

Ramat Aviv is a suburb. So yes, most people who live in Ramat aviv walk or ride a bike to school. For those not in Ramat Aviv, they take the bus, drive a car, ride a bike or ride a moped. Most people who have bikes, buy them in Israel. It should be known that they get stolen often.

even from your very own lobby...a good bike lock (a u-lock) is a very good investment!!

Ramat Aviv is a suburb. So yes, most people who live in Ramat aviv walk or ride a bike to school. For those not in Ramat Aviv, they take the bus, drive a car, ride a bike or ride a moped. Most people who have bikes, buy them in Israel. It should be known that they get stolen often.

how about motorcycles? Any information on how difficult it is to procure a used bike (not bicycle) there? I've found information on getting a license...but nothing on buying the bike.