RVU per diagnostic study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOFOSHO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a link/list of RVU per common rad exam. I've done an exhaustive search online and all I could find were tables of fee reduction for 2021 and cpt codes, etc. nothing that actually says how many rvus each study is worth in 2021. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

IMG_2477.JPG

I cannot attest to these being 100% accurate in 2021. But I know many are correct.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love that there's something called a "Stroke Deluxe", lol

Can someone post a link/list of RVU per common rad exam. I've done an exhaustive search online and all I could find were tables of fee reduction for 2021 and cpt codes, etc. nothing that actually says how many rvus each study is worth in 2021. Thanks.
Find the cpt you want.

Go to mpfs lookup tool. Enter the cpt in the hcpcs lookup code box. It will spit out rvu as well as the 3 components.

Technically, this information is copyright the AMA which is why it’s tricky to find.

The other way is to look at those %decrease reimbursement tables and divide the rvu by the conversion factor for that year. But it doesn’t give you as much info as just going to mpfs.

Reactions: 1 user
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I like that too. Like going through the car wash. Choose your stroke protocol:

Basic
Deluxe
Super Deluxe

Sounds about right.

In my group we have several options
-limited brain mri (DWI/ADC/FLAIR/GRE)
-regular non-con brain MRI
-regular MRI brain with MRA H&N
-"MRI Stroke" protocol which is MRI brain, MRA H&N and MR perfusion.

Reactions: 1 user
do any of you guys have any websites you recommend to learn more about this stuff? Graduating in a few months and going into Rads, and dont really know much about the financial side