Rutgers Newark MBS vs Case Western MSMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sneeks02

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was just accepted into Case Western's MSMP program and Rutgers - Newark MS in biomedical sciences and was wondering if anyone who has completed either program can give their advice on picking one or pros and cons on both.

Im looking to matriculate into med school and I know Case western is probably better just name recognition wise but if there's a chance I might do better at Rutgers, I think it would be better to get a higher program gpa even if it didn't have the big name like case idk. Also case is like double the price so there's that.

Thankss

Members don't see this ad.

I got my MBS from Rutgers and I've noticed that SOME schools will consider your grad GPA and others will ignore it and look at your undergrad gpa.

I didn't do a MS but the requirements are not bad, just complete 28 credits of coursework and 2cr for your research. There are some easy classes if you take your time and study. I graduated with a 3.6 gpa. Also, be sure to get a letter of rec from some of the professors as some of them are actually physicians.

Hi! I was just accepted into Case Western's MSMP program and Rutgers - Newark MS in biomedical sciences and was wondering if anyone who has completed either program can give their advice on picking one or pros and cons on both.

Im looking to matriculate into med school and I know Case western is probably better just name recognition wise but if there's a chance I might do better at Rutgers, I think it would be better to get a higher program gpa even if it didn't have the big name like case idk. Also case is like double the price so there's that.

Thankss
Hi! I was also accepted into Rutgers and still waiting on Case? Did you get any feedback that you can share about Rutgers?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my MBS from Rutgers and I've noticed that SOME schools will consider your grad GPA and others will ignore it and look at your undergrad gpa.

I didn't do a MS but the requirements are not bad, just complete 28 credits of coursework and 2cr for your research. There are some easy classes if you take your time and study. I graduated with a 3.6 gpa. Also, be sure to get a letter of rec from some of the professors as some of them are actually physicians.
Thank you! Were you accepted into MD/DO Programs? How did you feel they supported you there? Can you help me understand what you mean by" SOME schools will consider your grad GPA and others will ignore it and look at your undergrad gpa" Is it because you are coming from Rutgers? Thanks!

Thankss

Thank you! Were you accepted into MD/DO Programs? How did you feel they supported you there? Can you help me understand what you mean by" SOME schools will consider your grad GPA and others will ignore it and look at your undergrad gpa" Is it because you are coming from Rutgers? Thanks!

Can I ask what is your gpa and MCAT scores?
Also, what are your thoughts on this program at this point?