Rural Doctors Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharonbc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A small community in the interior of BC has openings for 3 family physicians!

The community of Clearwater is freshly incorporated, and is situated in a beautiful environment. Outdoor sports abound. Springtime brings the sights of newborn calves, with snow melting, trees budding, and sun shinning. A common sight are the deer with their fauns, sometimes seen right in town. Summertime is endless hiking trails, kayaking on the two major rivers on our doorstep, riding the hills on your bike, horse, truck, or quad. Not to mention all of the many lakes in the area for fishing. Fall time brings gorgeous fall colours, with a nip in the air. Hunting season opens for deer and moose. Winter brings snow, and snowmobiling snowshoeing, cross country skiing, icefishing, and if conditions are right, snowboarding and skiing on our local hill.

We have a nice, but older clinic. We also have a very nice new hospital with both acute and long term beds. I can't say much more, as I am not a doctor, or even a nurse.

If you are interested, please email me, and I will pass your name on to the proper parties. Or, call the hospital administrator Bernie Easson at 250-674-2244

http://www.clearwaterbcchamber.com/

http://www.wellsgray.ca/

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/explore/high_country/trails/wellsgray.htm

http://www.wellsgraypark.net/WellsGray3/WellsGray3.html

Members don't see this ad.

A small community in the interior of BC has openings for 3 family physicians!

The community of Clearwater is freshly incorporated, and is situated in a beautiful environment. Outdoor sports abound. Springtime brings the sights of newborn calves, with snow melting, trees budding, and sun shinning. A common sight are the deer with their fauns, sometimes seen right in town. Summertime is endless hiking trails, kayaking on the two major rivers on our doorstep, riding the hills on your bike, horse, truck, or quad. Not to mention all of the many lakes in the area for fishing. Fall time brings gorgeous fall colours, with a nip in the air. Hunting season opens for deer and moose. Winter brings snow, and snowmobiling snowshoeing, cross country skiing, icefishing, and if conditions are right, snowboarding and skiing on our local hill.

We have a nice, but older clinic. We also have a very nice new hospital with both acute and long term beds. I can't say much more, as I am not a doctor, or even a nurse.

If you are interested, please email me, and I will pass your name on to the proper parties.

I'm thinking you're either the mayor, or the janitor at the clinic...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking you're either the mayor, or the janitor at the clinic...

Neither of the above:)

Just a concerned citizen who is a neighbour of Dr. Bob, and a friend/client of Dr.Soles.

Bernie Easson at Dr. Helmcken Hospital at 250-674-2244 is the person that you would talk to, and would have all the right information. I can tell you that I really like this community, and that the hospital is very nice, too. Small, but nice. This might be a great place to retire to, if you are tired of all the nonsense that goes with living in a big city. No stop lights here! Rush hour traffic is when there are more than three cars at the intersection. Lots of fresh air and cheap land

Sharon, in BC

I'm registered at the COP (Hilo) and have never seen such a sad state like Hawaii. You're either rich....or poor. No in between. Lots of crack dealers and the general population does not like foreigners.
Your area looks very nice, Sharon. Do you need phamacists? ;) Hehe.

We do have a pharmacy in town, Pharmasave. Michelle is very knowledgeable, and you never know, she may be interested in another pharmacist!

Our community is really pulling together, trying to find doctors that would like to re-locate.