[ROSS UNI] How to get your Core Rotations scheduled THREE days after your Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jennah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Helloo Everyone
Many of my friends asked me how I got my clinical rotation schedule three days after receiving my USMLE Step 1 score. I heard so many horror stories from the upper semesters where they had to wait two months after receiving their step score in order to be scheduled for rotations. So I just wanted to share a few tips on how to expedite the process of scheduling. I started contacting the office of clinical science two months before taking my USMLE Step 1. The office of clinical science is SUPER strict, they check every document line by line, signatures, dates, even the quality of the scanned documents. Any documents you email to them call them and check on the statue of that document because it takes them two to three weeks to respond. I sent my vaccine card and two weeks later I called to check they told me I have to scan the BACK of the card!! They know they will email those documents to affiliated hospitals so they check it thoroughly by more than one advisor.

If you think they will let you slide and schedule you without any of these documents you are mistaken! Ask more than one advisor on what you need and write the name of the advisor you spoke with. I called and one advisor told me am cleared, and a week later when I called another advisor told me am PROVISIONALLY cleared because I was still missing my titer.

Here is what I did, these steps are in order and all documents must be scanned and emailed to clinical. It took them a week or so to tell me to email one document and then another week to ask for another document. They will never tell you to email it all at one time instead they tell you that you are missing this and missing that when you call them. So the whole health clearance process takes over two months. Somehow they make it seem like it is your fault. Whenever I asked why am I not cleared yet they respond with (Ohhh you didn’t email that document).

A. Call them early DONT WAIT until you take your Step!
B. If you took your fifth semester in Miami, email Idalia M. Gonzalez AICM Program Coordinator and ask her to email you a copy of your health record (Titers, Drug test and TB..ect) NO they will not do it
automatically!:mad:
C. Email the following documents to the office of clinical science
  1. TITERS*TITERS*TITERS!! Check your own titers (my Mumps were low so I had to get a booster shot, and check my titers again SIX weeks later..)
  2. Drug Test
  3. PPD results (if positive get a chest x-ray and email them the results)
  4. Influenza vaccine
  5. Tetanus- diphtheria booster shots
  6. Health assessment Form (at myRoss)
  7. Infection Control certificate
  8. ACLS Certification
  9. BTLS Certification
  10. HIPAA Certification
  11. Government Issued ID
  12. Health Insurance
  13. Background Check (Recent not the one you used for the application back in 2010!)
  14. Signed Background Check Authorization Form(they emailed it)
  15. For rotations in New York (you need to submit your papers to New York Department of Education 4-6 weeks before starting rotations). If you want to be scheduled early DON’t pick a New York rotation!
D. Get all your papers together as soon as you can and Email all documents in one or two emails.

KEEP checking on your health clearance until you are cleared and the only thing missing is your step score. Email your Step 1 score report to registrar and clinical and it should be cleared within 24 hrs.

Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.