Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think you need to email him if you want to know your updated rank. I moved from top 11-25 to top 10.:) I got the email today.

Oh that's great that you moved up to top 10. :highfive:I hope I am there as well. :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I do not know when the deadline would be. Maybe for those who were accepted from the wait list can help us out on that. ( Thanks thedave :) )
Well, on the waitlist I rank top 25. I do not know how much I moved up on the list since it was sent out in April. Hopefully, we will get an update on our waitlist status soon.

Brenda25 or anybody that is still waiting get an update on their waitlist status ?

I was top 25 at Utah and got the call 8 days ago. Hope you get your call soon :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on your acceptance ! Thanks, I hope I get my call very soon too.

Keep up there. Sometimes they call students till late July/early August. You never know. :)

Yeah, hang in there everyone. I remember reading on this forum that one member actually got a call a week or two before classes started. So, don't give up hope.

Thanks jksp and PharmDPls your words are very encouraging:). I emailed admissions and found out my updated rank. I only moved up a few spots:wtf:. Are there any waitlisters out there who received an update on their waitlist status?

I graduated from Roseman this year and I own a house right by school and I am renting couple rooms so call me ASAP for more info. Call AR at 801-688-0937.

Updated rank top 10. By the way the wait list is moving, it is going to be a rough summer. Good Luck everybody :).

I bumped up from top 25-40 (Utah) to top 10 and from top 56-75 (Nevada) to top 30. I don't think my chances of getting into Nevada are high at this point, but I'm still hoping for Utah. One of my friends who was already accepted to Nevada said Dr. DeYoung mentioned that a lot of movement occurs during July and the lists tend to change quite a bit...has anyone else heard anything similar to this?

I bumped up from top 25-40 (Utah) to top 10 and from top 56-75 (Nevada) to top 30. I don't think my chances of getting into Nevada are high at this point, but I'm still hoping for Utah. One of my friends who was already accepted to Nevada said Dr. DeYoung mentioned that a lot of movement occurs during July and the lists tend to change quite a bit...has anyone else heard anything similar to this?

Nice ! :thumbup: That's a huge jump on the waitlist. I think your chances are pretty good :). As for me I don't know why I only moved a few spaces. :scared:

Nice ! :thumbup: That's a huge jump on the waitlist. I think your chances are pretty good :). As for me I don't know why I only moved a few spaces. :scared:

Have you sent in updated transcripts? That will make a difference if you just completed pre-reqs.

Have you sent in updated transcripts? That will make a difference if you just completed pre-reqs.

Hi Pham
Thank you for your thoughts. :) All my pre-reqs were all completed last year Fall 2011.
Pham, for last year cycle did you have to email admissions for your updated waitlist status or was it automatically sent to you. Just curious

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Pham
Thank you for your thoughts. :) All my pre-reqs were all completed last year Fall 2011.
Pham, for last year cycle did you have to email admissions for your updated waitlist status or was it automatically sent to you. Just curious

I e-mailed and asked. But usually once a month or when I sent in something. I did not want to be a pain.

I e-mailed and asked. But usually once a month or when I sent in something. I did not want to be a pain.

I will try not to email him again until next month :bang:. Oh yeah, congrats on being accepted ! I hope :xf:to see you this fall.

I recd. Email from Dr. Deyoung that my ranking is 55(Utah) from 100+ in April, so :scared:I also sent in updated transcript and currently I still have one more class to take, that is ending in four weeks from today then give or take I'll know something by july. Goodluck everyone.:scared:

I will try not to email him again until next month :bang:. Oh yeah, congrats on being accepted ! I hope :xf:to see you this fall.

Thanks... Keep Your head up. There is a chance of getting in until the first day of classes. Last year I think I moved 50 places on the wait list

Roseman is using PharmCAS for Fall 2013 application.

:scared:

Yuk... I hate PharmCas

Eventually, every pharm school will participate in PharmCAS in the future. US pharm schools are accredited by ACPE, which is affiliated with AACP.

Yuk... I hate PharmCas

I don't like PharmCAS because application fees are way too much, both PharmCAS and supplemental application fees each individual school will charge you.

Eventually, every pharm school will participate in PharmCAS in the future. US pharm schools are accredited by ACPE, which is affiliated with AACP.

Ya I know... I just hated filling out the application it was so long. Although it was nice to have it all in once place that all schools could pool from.

I called to Dr. Deyoung today to check my waitinglist. But he is not in his office until July 1st. :((

I called to Dr. Deyoung today to check my waitinglist. But he is not in his office until July 1st. :((

Hmm, I had sent him an email last night and I got a response back today from his assistant. She mentioned he was only going to be gone for a week. I hope he's not out until July 1st!! I want updates haha.

I don't like PharmCAS because application fees are way too much, both PharmCAS and supplemental application fees each individual school will charge you.

I actually liked the convenience of PharmCAS, and there are some schools that don't require a supplemental application. I actually used parts of my personal statement from PharmCAS and just pasted it onto my application to Roseman. It was a hassle to get multiple transcripts for PharmCAS and Roseman. The fees aren't that much, I think. The more you apply to, it seems like an OK price as compared to $150 + transcripts fees + PCAT scores sent. Anyways, hopefully you won't have to apply next cycle, but pharmcas isn't that bad.

Good luck everyone.

now that Roseman is using pharmcas, will they still allow academic forgiveness?

last time i emailed him earlier this month. it didnt seem like i moved up in either nevada or utah campus. :(

:( Sorry to hear that...I guess there are still a few more months for changes/updates...so here's to keeping fingers crossed! I'm just worried because even though the wait list order has changed a bit...no one has mentioned being offered admissions (at least on the forum) since the updates have come out :/

Is Dr. Deyoung out? I emailed him but no response. Wanted to make sure my final transcripts got there

Is Dr. Deyoung out? I emailed him but no response. Wanted to make sure my final transcripts got there

Yeah, I sent him an email this last Monday (6/11/12) and got a response from his assistant saying he would be out of the office for the week. Someone else called though, and was told he was going to be gone until July 1st....so not sure when he's coming back officially.

Ugh, reading all these posts is making me anxious for this fall. I really want to go to Roseman!!!! I got a quick question though for anyone who might know. I want to do a PG1-PG2 residency at a hospital for oncology. In all reality, how possible do you think that is? How do they get you residencies? Or do they not do most of the work for you in finding them? I literally have no idea how the IPPE/APPES or residencies work so any information would be AMAZING! Thanks and congrats to all the 2015 class on acceptance.

I'm on the same page as Moonwake. Any insight on that would be great!

Hello everybody,

does anybody got accepted in June?!any news?!please let us know.

I just got an email from Roseman answering my question; but if you have any other info, it will still be greatly appreciated!

What we do in your P1 and P2 (IPPE) year is assign you to a site in the community that fits your pharmacy experience (or lack of) a close as possible, as well as zip code preferences where you may live. You will stay at that one site for the entire year. The selection is not based on GPA, networking or anything like that. There aren't any guarantees, but we do our best. We will make those assignments. Dr. Oesterman (Introductory Experience Coordinator) sent an email to the class not long ago asking about any pharmacy experience you may have. None is certainly needed, but it helps with placing you.

In your P3 (APPE) year, you will have choices. Mid-P2 year, you will have the opportunity to submit your P3 rotation requests in the Apollo computer system. A spin will be generated so it's fair to the whole class, and you will be assigned your schedule. Dr. Zarley (Advanced Experience Coordinator) will speak with the class on several occasions prior to this selection process and will be explaining the process. You will also get a chance to find your own rotation site if you are going out of state for rotations. Dr. Zarley will have to do contracts with the sites. If you are staying in Nevada or California, we do have a large number of rotations sites/experiences to choose from, and you can certainly choose rotations that fit your interests.

I just got an email from Roseman answering my question; but if you have any other info, it will still be greatly appreciated!

What we do in your P1 and P2 (IPPE) year is assign you to a site in the community that fits your pharmacy experience (or lack of) a close as possible, as well as zip code preferences where you may live. You will stay at that one site for the entire year. The selection is not based on GPA, networking or anything like that. There aren’t any guarantees, but we do our best. We will make those assignments. Dr. Oesterman (Introductory Experience Coordinator) sent an email to the class not long ago asking about any pharmacy experience you may have. None is certainly needed, but it helps with placing you.

In your P3 (APPE) year, you will have choices. Mid-P2 year, you will have the opportunity to submit your P3 rotation requests in the Apollo computer system. A spin will be generated so it’s fair to the whole class, and you will be assigned your schedule. Dr. Zarley (Advanced Experience Coordinator) will speak with the class on several occasions prior to this selection process and will be explaining the process. You will also get a chance to find your own rotation site if you are going out of state for rotations. Dr. Zarley will have to do contracts with the sites. If you are staying in Nevada or California, we do have a large number of rotations sites/experiences to choose from, and you can certainly choose rotations that fit your interests.

You need about 1,500 accumulated IPPE/APPE hours totally to sit for state pharmacist licensure exam. Therefore, in your 3-year study, you actually also do some "intern" work (no pay) to get your self familiar w/ it.

Figures, that is definitely the best way to learn how to be a pharmacist. I just would imagine your APPEs would be extremely important in networking for your residency. Do people usually get screwed with the "Apollo system" or do you get what you want usually? I want to go into oncology pharmacy so I REALLY want to get my IPPEs in a hospital (clinical if that's even possible), and then do oncology. But do people get turned down their elective APPE choices?

Roseman is using PharmCAS for Fall 2013 application.:scared:

Man... why pharmcas? I understand... but why not do it in 2014 ^.o.... Sucks for people who only want to go to Roseman. And I still want to know if academic forgiveness is available....:confused:

Here's another email:
For your P1 and P2 years, you will be placed in a community pharmacy (retail - CVS, Walgreens, Savon, Target, Costsco, etc.), learning the roles, duties, etc. of a pharmacists and the team - filling, transfers, insurance, etc. Your P2 year will be geared more towards counseling, but still the basics. Your P3 year gets more into clinical and plenty of experiences, and some community if you request it - Dr. Zarley will outline your core requirements later for your P3 year.

It will all become clear once you are here.

Here's another email:
For your P1 and P2 years, you will be placed in a community pharmacy (retail - CVS, Walgreens, Savon, Target, Costsco, etc.), learning the roles, duties, etc. of a pharmacists and the team - filling, transfers, insurance, etc. Your P2 year will be geared more towards counseling, but still the basics. Your P3 year gets more into clinical and plenty of experiences, and some community if you request it - Dr. Zarley will outline your core requirements later for your P3 year.

It will all become clear once you are here.

Were you already accepted? Or are you on the wait list still?

for those that are concerned about academic forgiveness for the new pharmcas application, i emailed Dawn Ihrig and she let me know, there will still be an option to use academic forgiveness on the supplemental application :D

Awesome, thanks. You beat me to it.
Were you already accepted? Or are you on the wait list still?
I haven't applied yet. I'm applying this fall. I just finished my PharmCAS app today.

Awesome, thanks. You beat me to it.

I haven't applied yet. I'm applying this fall. I just finished my PharmCAS app today.

Ah nice! Good luck then for fall then! Hopefully you'll get in right away cuz this wait list business is nothing but torture haha!