Roseman Student: Do you like it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Dufus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted to Roseman University and was wondering about any pros and cons anyone has about the school, program, or the area. Thanks!

P.S. I know its expensive so don't mention it as a con please

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know its expensive so don't mention it as a con please
id-like-to-address-the-elephant-in-the-room-zeus.gif

Big Hoss

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Who do they say is their patient base? They’re located in the suburbs of Salt Lake City that is upper middle class and pretty young. All the Medicaid and Medicare patients go to the University of Utah. So I genuinely don’t know who their patients are.

Members don't see this ad :)
look on last years thread, a lot of current students had negative things to say. not sure if those issues got resolved.

I'm a D4 that's about to graduate. It's a pretty chill environment and faculty is pretty awesome. Location couldn't be any better and easy access. Patient population varies and we do take medicaid. The 3rd floor was just recently renovated and I know students who have started doing more complicated cases like molar endo, implants, crown lengthening and full bony 3rds. Granted that is a rotation you have to earn and the faculty there is comfortable with it.... I dont know how the 3 year program will effect this though.

Hi! Im a D1 and I have a lot to say!
So do keep in mind that every school and its vices and when i was applying the negative comments got to me and i second guessed going here. That being said, i have friends in other programs and compared to them, clinically we are so much ahead! we are thrown into clinic and sim clinic very early into the 1st semester. In sim, we are timed and we get a lot less time than my friends at other programs, which is great cause we're challenged to work effieciently in a certin amount of time and we have to meet certain requirements to pass the sim portion. As far as didactics, it is 'easier' in the sense that you focus on one class at a time and thats great cause you get to microfocus on a subject and you feel like your learning a lot and it sticks which i feel like if youre taking 6-10 classes per semester that may be difficult to achieve (not impossible but wouldnt it be better to take the easy route and microfocus on one class at a time and not be mind-boggling stressed out all the time?!). Another pro that is very undermined is the community at the school. the environment isnt competitive in a ginner style but very motivational. Students and faculty are super helpful and really want you to learn!!
as for cons, the didactic is my biggest complaint because sometimes i dont feel challenged enough and some of the profs ive had so far make us do assignments that make me feel like im in preschool lol. but we have a great (like seriously great) passing rate for the boards so whatever theyre doing must be working. but keep in mind that handskills are super important in this career and roseman is on top of that!! I also know that roseman doesnt teach implants and we dont get to work on a lot of endo cases (we get a few cases but usually theyre referred out) and plus our patient pool is mostly for lower income so we dont get the higher end cases since they lean towards the cheaper options.
As a D1 these are my opinions and the more im here, the more im loving the program! im sure the upperclassman have their share of complaints since they have to work on patients.
On a last note, dental school really is what you make of it. If you want to become a good dentist, there is no certain school you HAVE to go to. You get what you put in. You work hard, put in the time and efforts and really show your interest and passion for the career and you will get what you want out of it.
Please feel free to ask me anything!!

Reactions: 1 users
So do keep in mind that every school and its vices and when i was applying the negative comments got to me and i second guessed going here. That being said, i have friends in other programs and compared to them, clinically we are so much ahead! we are thrown into clinic and sim clinic very early into the 1st semester. In sim, we are timed and we get a lot less time than my friends at other programs, which is great cause we're challenged to work effieciently in a certin amount of time and we have to meet certain requirements to pass the sim portion. As far as didactics, it is 'easier' in the sense that you focus on one class at a time and thats great cause you get to microfocus on a subject and you feel like your learning a lot and it sticks which i feel like if youre taking 6-10 classes per semester that may be difficult to achieve (not impossible but wouldnt it be better to take the easy route and microfocus on one class at a time and not be mind-boggling stressed out all the time?!). Another pro that is very undermined is the community at the school. the environment isnt competitive in a ginner style but very motivational. Students and faculty are super helpful and really want you to learn!!
as for cons, the didactic is my biggest complaint because sometimes i dont feel challenged enough and some of the profs ive had so far make us do assignments that make me feel like im in preschool lol. but we have a great (like seriously great) passing rate for the boards so whatever theyre doing must be working. but keep in mind that handskills are super important in this career and roseman is on top of that!! I also know that roseman doesnt teach implants and we dont get to work on a lot of endo cases (we get a few cases but usually theyre referred out) and plus our patient pool is mostly for lower income so we dont get the higher end cases since they lean towards the cheaper options.
As a D1 these are my opinions and the more im here, the more im loving the program! im sure the upperclassman have their share of complaints since they have to work on patients.
On a last note, dental school really is what you make of it. If you want to become a good dentist, there is no certain school you HAVE to go to. You get what you put in. You work hard, put in the time and efforts and really show your interest and passion for the career and you will get what you want out of it.
I'm a D4 that's about to graduate. It's a pretty chill environment and faculty is pretty awesome. Location couldn't be any better and easy access. Patient population varies and we do take medicaid. The 3rd floor was just recently renovated and I know students who have started doing more complicated cases like molar endo, implants, crown lengthening and full bony 3rds. Granted that is a rotation you have to earn and the faculty there is comfortable with it.... I dont know how the 3 year program will effect this though.
Thanks for the input! I am a little bit worried to hear that implants and Endo is rarely taught, if ever. Do you see that changing in the near future?

Only costs half a million to attend, what a steal of a program.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I loved my time at Roseman. I was part of the second graduating class and finished there in 2016. Like the current D1 said, I felt like didactically, things were very easy there, but it was enough to pass the boards without any issues (Over 95% or so of our class passed first time). And it's not like it was easy because they didn't challenge us, it was easy because we focused on one topic at a time and had help from classmates in creating study guides and all of that. With it being pass/no pass there, there weren't any gunners and everyone got along very well and helped each other out. It was great. And even though we didn't have a class rank or GPA, a lot of our class got into the specialties they wanted. I only know of one that didn't match.
Clinically, I felt very well prepared for practice and got a lot of experience in school. But I also pushed myself in improving and seeing as many patients as I could. I don't know how things are in the clinic now compared to how it was for me, but hopefully it's the same.
Now with how much I loved it at Roseman, if I had the chance to go to a cheaper school, I would have done it like that. If Roseman is your only option, go for it, because it's better to get into school a year earlier than hope to get into a cheaper school next year.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, can you PM me?

Only go there if it's your last resort. Pick the single cheapest dental school you can get admission to and attend that school. End of story

Only go there if it's your last resort.
I would disagree with this. Roseman should be ranked above many schools with their 3-year program. Especially for private schools, I can't think of a single one that makes more sense to attend than Roseman. I also chose to go to Roseman over my own IS school; it financially made more sense.

I would disagree with this. Roseman should be ranked above many schools with their 3-year program. Especially for private schools, I can't think of a single one that makes more sense to attend than Roseman. I also chose to go to Roseman over my own IS school; it financially made more sense.
Good point. Idk why I was thinking it was a 4 year program

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any word if the cost of attendance will stay the same or will they simply increase it when they switch to 3 years? That tuition is pretty decent for private schools but I could see them roll the current 4th year tuition into the remaining 3 years.

Is there any word if the cost of attendance will stay the same or will they simply increase it when they switch to 3 years? That tuition is pretty decent for private schools but I could see them roll the current 4th year tuition into the remaining 3 years.
As of now, they are not planning to increase the tuition significantly. Instead, to account for the loss of income of the D4 year, they are increasing the class size from 100 to 136 students. They did increase the tuition at a somewhat reasonable rate (4.5%) from $86k to around $90k for our D2 year.

For the future D1 class starting this summer: Assuming a 4.5% increase over 3 years starting at $90k = $282k for tuition cost for a 3-year program.

Which is very reasonable compared to the only other 3-year program UoP - $124,185.00 per year say an increase of 3% = $390k.

My estimated Total Cost of Attendance for Roseman (Current D1) is $315k for school costs + $60k living = $375k

Reactions: 2 users