Rosalind Franklin BMS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It took a while for me. I mailed in my application in early January and wasn't complete until around 1/30. You could always call to double check about your materials if you're curious :)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh god my application got dropped off at a nearby post office instead of the school.........

Received my acceptance today! Anyone else???

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, can I ask what are your stats?

Thanks! My stats are 3.9 and 24 MCAT. I I am a reapplicant to the program though. I actually did not know that I was accepted. I received an email today from RFUMS inviting me to an accepted students tour of the campus. I was confused and called the admissions office. Turns out they sent out my acceptance email on 2/21/14 this past Friday but for some reason I did not get it. So the admissions counselor sent me the email again. Did anyone else have this problem or receive that tour email instead of the acceptance email??

Thanks! My stats are 3.9 and 24 MCAT. I I am a reapplicant to the program though. I actually did not know that I was accepted. I received an email today from RFUMS inviting me to an accepted students tour of the campus. I was confused and called the admissions office. Turns out they sent out my acceptance email on 2/21/14 this past Friday but for some reason I did not get it. So the admissions counselor sent me the email again. Did anyone else have this problem or receive that tour email instead of the acceptance email??

3.9???????? May I ask why you're applying to an SMP instead of straight to wherever you want to end up in?

3.9???????? May I ask why you're applying to an SMP instead of straight to wherever you want to end up in?

I applied this cycle to 20+ medical schools (including CMS) and have been unsuccessful with zero interviews

I applied this cycle to 20+ medical schools (including CMS) and have been unsuccessful with zero interviews

That sucks I'm sorry. Have you thought about retaking the MCAT? I applied to a couple schools and am pretty much forced to retake. So I know how you feel.

That sucks I'm sorry. Have you thought about retaking the MCAT? I applied to a couple schools and am pretty much forced to retake. So I know how you feel.

It does suck :-/ and yes I was planning on retaking this June and taking a Princeton review in preparation for the exam. I'm relieved I don't have to do that now. Did you apply to the BMS?

It does suck :-/ and yes I was planning on retaking this June and taking a Princeton review in preparation for the exam. I'm relieved I don't have to do that now. Did you apply to the BMS?

That must be a great feeling. I did but I got wait listed already. So pissed. 3.56 GPA and 23 MCAT. The MCAT is evil haha. I'm retaking April 11 so I'll send in my scores right away and hopefully I get off the list.

That must be a great feeling. I did but I got wait listed already. So pissed. 3.56 GPA and 23 MCAT. The MCAT is evil haha. I'm retaking April 11 so I'll send in my scores right away and hopefully I get off the list.

I wish you luck!! There are no words to describe how I feel about the MCAT haha so this is definitely a win

Did you get an email for being wait listed?

When did you send in your application? What number did you call? I've been having trouble reaching RFUMS!

I got an email yeah. Honestly don't bother calling them. They never answer. Just email them about your app I'm sure you'll hear a response pretty quick.

Members don't see this ad :)

When did you send in your application? What number did you call? I've been having trouble reaching RFUMS!

Sent in my application second week of January and received the completion email 01/23. Received that my application was in screening email 01/30

Honestly I called the front desk and had them switch me over to admissions about 4-6 times today. I finally had an admissions counselor pick up and answer my questions. Not sure what his name was though

Thanks for the response guys, hoping to hear from them soon! I wonder how many they accepted the first batch and how often they send out acceptances.

Did anyone hear back without getting the screening email? I only got the complete one, but it was 1/30 when I got it so it's been a while.

Did anyone hear back without getting the screening email? I only got the complete one, but it was 1/30 when I got it so it's been a while.

Dang you guys all applied so early. I would just call them and ask, but like MD2BHA said call the front desk. If you follow the automated menu and go to the BMS extension you'll never get a hold of anyone (at least from my experience. Didn't even return my voice message).

I just called the front desk and the lady transferred me to the automated menu with BMS admissions. Of course no one answered. How did you get her to actually transfer you to a real person? This is so frustrating.

I just called the front desk and the lady transferred me to the automated menu with BMS admissions. Of course no one answered. How did you get her to actually transfer you to a real person? This is so frustrating.

Kept calling until someone answered lol be patient

Will they get annoyed if I started calling like CMS and the podiatric school lol

waitlisted, I may withdraw my application soon though. Chances are I may end up going to my top choice DO school plus i'm getting vague info regarding their MCAT requirements (not sure if I'd have to retake it despite doing well in the program?)

Did you guys get an email quickly after you sent all your documents? I sent my stuff early last week and still haven't heard anything. Wonder if something didn't come through.

Hey I did get an email within a week after mailing in my application. Did you hear yet from them?

Hey I did get an email within a week after mailing in my application. Did you hear yet from them?
No! This is so frustrating, I did send my stuff from Canada, so it might take a bit longer, but still!!

waitlisted, I may withdraw my application soon though. Chances are I may end up going to my top choice DO school plus i'm getting vague info regarding their MCAT requirements (not sure if I'd have to retake it despite doing well in the program?)

Mind sharing your stats?

Does anyone know how often the admissions committee makes/sends out decisions? Is it usually a set day in the week or is it usually sporadic throughout the week?

Just dropped off my app to the post office! Fingers crossed, good luck everyone :)

Yes finally!! - "Thank you for your interest in the Biomedical Sciences program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. We have recently received your application and your file is currently being processed."

Did anyone who got this reply back to this email?

Also, is anyone planning on going to the Open House on March 22nd? Its during my spring break so I could go but idk if its worth flying out for from Jersey.. I would love to hear from current BMSers on this! @TonySoprano @Nice Marmot Thanks!!

I dont think it would be worth it to come see the school. Its one big building, however not so big that you would need to fly out here months in advance for a tour or anything like that. Understand that North Chicago s cold and about 45 minutes north of the actual city of Chicago. The program is challenging and a year long. Thats probably all the information you could really glean from an open house like that. Save your money, enjoy your spring break.

Reactions: 1 user
Finishing my app today. Unsure if I'll be admitted to any osteopathic schools this cycle. Decent shot at getting in here I hope.

Illinois resident
3.15/30
Good ECs/research and LORs

Finishing my app today. Unsure if I'll be admitted to any osteopathic schools this cycle. Decent shot at getting in here I hope.

Illinois resident
3.15/30
Good ECs/research and LORs
I think you'll be fine, you are the ideal SMP candidate - good MCAT, low gpa
Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

3.3 scigpa with 3.47 cum gpa with an MCAT of 25+
Well that's a little unsettling, but I'm sure there will be plenty of movement from the waitlist. And regarding your MCAT concern, from previous posts on this thread and numerous posts on previous threads the consensus is pretty clear that if you get into the BMS program you have a competitive MCAT score for CMS. It is all about how well you do in BMS (edit: and your interview) to get you into CMS.

Got accepted!! Since my chances at getting into my choice medical schools are looking pretty slim, I will be joining the RFUMS community!

I have a few questions that maybe some BMS or past BMS students can weigh in on:

1. Recommendation on housing??
2. Do you enjoy the area itself? Activities? Gyms? I'm very active and definitely enjoy my rare study breaks!
3. Track recommendations and how do you know which track you get placed into?
4. Anything I can do now to take advantage of early acceptance?

Look forward to getting to know the RFUMS community and fellow BMS'ers!

Got accepted!! Since my chances at getting into my choice medical schools are looking pretty slim, I will be joining the RFUMS community!

I have a few questions that maybe some BMS or past BMS students can weigh in on:

2. Do you enjoy the area itself? Activities? Gyms? I'm very active and definitely enjoy my rare study breaks!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats!! A few questions that I hope you don't mind answering: What are your stats? When did you apply? How did they notify you?

Congrates future classmate!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys!! For anonymity sake I won't post my exact stats but - I was complete mid Jan, 3.4-3.5 GPA, 28-31 MCAT and I was accepted via email

And congrats to you too MD2BHA!! Very excited for the program!

Reactions: 3 users
is PMP the same thing as MBS?

i have been so lazy. i havent gotten around to filling up my application

is PMP the same thing as MBS?

i have been so lazy. i havent gotten around to filling up my application

No, PMP is the pre matriculation program. Its similar to BMS but specifically for URMs from disadvantaged backgrounds.

I am a former BMS student and now M1 at CMS. Here are some answers to your questions:

1. To be closest to school, check out campus housing, Woodlands, or Navy housing across the street. There are other apartment complexes a few minutes from campus (Forest Pointe, Deer Valley). You can also find affordable apartments in Waukegan. Try to stay close to Green Bay Road. At our open house on March 22, we will likely have reps from different apartment complexes.

2. The area is quiet (perfect for studying and staying focused). There are lots of ways to get involved on campus through various activities. Chicago and Milwaukee are an hour away. We have a brand new fitness facility with new equipment and a group exercise room with regularly scheduled fitness classes. There are lots of great running/bike trails in the area.

3. Choose the track that interests you most. All of them require a good amount of work. All of the coursework will go towards earning an additional M.S. during med school if you so choose.

4. Enjoy your time off before school starts. It's a lot of work. If anything, get your mind ready for a short but vigorous academic year.

@DrSweetPotato Is it true that the classes you take during BMS gets transferred when you get into CMS? If so, how much of a relief in courseload is that?

Wait listed today - 3.3/31 stats. I'm a little puzzled as to why. I'd try calling but after attempting 10+ times to contact someone over the past week, I don't think the person they connect you to actually exists.

Wait listed today - 3.3/31 stats. I'm a little puzzled as to why. I'd try calling but after attempting 10+ times to contact someone over the past week, I don't think the person they connect you to actually exists.
Yikes!! That's really disconcerting, I'd think you would have gotten in with those stats.... And on top of that RFU is giving us the old runaround!

Hopefully they will get their act together and there will be a lot of movement off the waitlist soon :/

Wow I'm sorry I'm really surprised. No idea what's going on with this school. Call again but instead of dialing 1 for the office of admissions, dial 4 for the division of strategic enrollment or whatever it's called and hopefully Melissa Knox can help you. However I called her and she transferred me to the director of the BMS program and I asked to discuss my application with someone. She wrote down my number and said someone would call me the next day. It's been a week and no one has called me back and I've tried contacting them again but with no luck this time.

Hope you hear something soon.

Wow I'm sorry I'm really surprised. No idea what's going on with this school. Call again but instead of dialing 1 for the office of admissions, dial 4 for the division of strategic enrollment or whatever it's called and hopefully Melissa Knox can help you. However I called her and she transferred me to the director of the BMS program and I asked to discuss my application with someone. She wrote down my number and said someone would call me the next day. It's been a week and no one has called me back and I've tried contacting them again but with no luck this time.

First thing that Melissa Knox from division of strategic enrollment told me was to hold on and then she just hung up. I've been holding on to the phone for like 20 mins till I noticed. What the heck is going on?????

First thing that Melissa Knox from division of strategic enrollment told me was to hold on and then she just hung up. I've been holding on to the phone for like 20 mins till I noticed. What the heck is going on?????

I've had a lot more success emailing the grad admissions. Even though they take a few days to get back to you, they do eventually respond.