This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rfums vs ccom

• Total voters

obliViate21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have been other threads, but none within the past year or so. I have acceptances to both schools and I'm really having a hard time deciding. I initially got 4 DO offers and was ready to assume that as my future, but then I got one MD offer, that I didn't really consider getting at this point, and am not 100% sure of my decision anymore. I was hoping for some advice on the matter. I know allopathic vs osteopathy is the final decision I would have to make, but if there any pros or cons I should also consider that I am not thinking of, please share.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this even a question? Take the MD acceptance, run and never look back.

Reactions: 4 users
I know there have been other threads, but none within the past year or so. I have acceptances to both schools and I'm really having a hard time deciding. I initially got 4 DO offers and was ready to assume that as my future, but then I got one MD offer, that I didn't really consider getting at this point, and am not 100% sure of my decision anymore. I was hoping for some advice on the matter. I know allopathic vs osteopathy is the final decision I would have to make, but if there any pros or cons I should also consider that I am not thinking of, please share.

Forget about MD vs DO the tuition at CCOM is 10 grand a year more.
CCOM is great but its very expensive. I suggest Rosalind Franklin. CONGRATS!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Go look at the RFU match list in Allo. CCOM would kill to have one like that. Take the MD (and the extra cash!!!) and run

Reactions: 1 users
RFU.

You have an established MD school behind your name and it will keep a many doors open come residency app time.

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Pros: Not having to deal with the AOA
Cons: ???

To the person that voted CCOM:

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

It's like when Shaq missed out on unanimous MVP by ONE vote.

If I were in the same boat, my decision would have been clear as a crystal with that RFUMS acceptance. I don't understand how you could be uncertain with a better matching potential at a lower tuition?

If you had geographic ties to the DO school location and not the MD, if there was a significant tuition difference in favor of the DO program, or if you were one of the people who was REALLY into the OMM side of things for some reason, this could be a conundrum. But seems how they're in the same city and RFU is cheaper, take the MD acceptance and run with it.