Retaking DATS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Titan0883

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's it goin guys....I applied pretty late and I'm pretty sure I have to reapply for the next cycle. I have a pretty low gpa, Overall 3.3 and sci 3.2. I'm not sure if I should retake the DATs though. Scores were:
PAT 20
QR 17
RC 20
Bio 22
GC 19
OC 20
TS 20
AA 20
Do you guys think this score is okay if I applied early for the next cycle, thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Titan0883 said:
How's it goin guys....I applied pretty late and I'm pretty sure I have to reapply for the next cycle. I have a pretty low gpa, Overall 3.3 and sci 3.2. I'm not sure if I should retake the DATs though. Scores were:
PAT 20
QR 17
RC 20
Bio 22
GC 19
OC 20
TS 20
AA 20
Do you guys think this score is okay if I applied early for the next cycle, thank you

I would be content with those scores. 20's are easy to come by.

KOM said:
I would be content with those scores. 20's are easy to come by.

Sorry, I meant 20's aren't easy to come by

Wow, those scores are REALLY good! I feel bad that you have been thinking that you have to re-apply for the next cycle because your scores are really good. I would not take the DAT over. Did you apply late?

Members don't see this ad :)
All I ask for is a 20 as long as your not a looser and can not communicate you should be a shoe in

Titan0883 said:
PAT 20
QR 17
RC 20
Bio 22
GC 19
OC 20
TS 20
AA 20

Your DAT is better than ok. Leave the DAT alone and try to raise the GPA, especially the science. If you can get A's in all your classes for two straight semesters of advanced sciences, it will show a strong upward trend and you can explain and possibly justify your low GPA in the beginning. Personally, I think your GPA is fine and you will get in a state school by just applying at the beginning of the next cycle this May if you already dont get in this year. Good luck!