Retakers only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaskiran

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody who is retaking his or her exam can post queires in this thread.I am retaking my exam in February.So guys lets discuss our queiries here.This is our final attempt so come lets motivate each other to do great in Part1.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody there who can explain me what is Tomes Process and tomes granular layer.I am really confused. PLEASE HELP!!!
tomes granular layer is in dentin,a layer of dentin adjacent to cementum granular in apperance due to coiled tubules.
tomes process is in enamel , enamel proteins deposited around this process ,help in enamel mineralization/
hope this helps

can anyone answer this?
1. which cofiguration of mandibular 2nd premolar
(y,x,u,h) has the most trapezoidal shape occlusally?

2. what determines the direction of grooves and ridges?

3. In the longitudinal section of a mand. canine where us the pulp cavity thickest?

plz help me with these..
1.glucose is retained in the cell by what enzyme?

2.What event percedes the calcification of matrix?

3. which is not carcinogenic? nitrosamines or polyhydrocarbons

Members don't see this ad :)
tomes granular layer is in dentin,a layer of dentin adjacent to cementum granular in apperance due to coiled tubules.
tomes process is in enamel , enamel proteins deposited around this process ,help in enamel mineralization/
hope this helps

Thanks for explanation!!!

3. which is not carcinogenic? nitrosamines or polyhydrocarbons

both of them r cacinogenic.

i am interested in discussing ,i got similar score like yours, please email me at [email protected]

anyone retaking and just starting, want to discuss on phone..please message me.my plan is to take a subject and at the end of completion/end of a week,we could ask each other questions to test basics and memory.Im a girl and got 86.I would prefer someone with the same frequency.Thank you.

I know as a retaker we r all stressed out,this is our last chance.I have been studying for the last 7 months ina 3 hrs a day basis,and I didn't know it's gonna be my last chance.One day I called my freind to get more ideas since she had already tackled it and ,she informed me of the new rule.So,is it really our last hope?I have passed the test before with 83 what happens if I fail it this time?will I be able to retake it or not?it's complicated..?PLEEEEEEEEEEEase help

I know as a retaker we r all stressed out,this is our last chance.I have been studying for the last 7 months ina 3 hrs a day basis,and I didn't know it's gonna be my last chance.One day I called my freind to get more ideas since she had already tackled it and ,she informed me of the new rule.So,is it really our last hope?I have passed the test before with 83 what happens if I fail it this time?will I be able to retake it or not?it's complicated..?PLEEEEEEEEEEEase help

If you fail it, then you can re-take. but remember you are only allowed 3 times before having to wait a whole year to retest.
if you pass it, then you keep your latest score which could be as easy as you scoring a 75/76 or 88/89. i would seriously re-consider re-taking it unless this score of 83 really hinders you from future considerations.

go in for a re-take if u r confident...with a positive attitude any thing is possible...i had score 81 in my first attempt(gave it last yr)...even i was in a doubt whether i should re-take or no...i jus sat down and focussed and studied with a positive attitude...and volla...i jumped from 81 to 87...be positive and don stress out...

:love:Thnx guys for the support,but do u think i can take the test and only answer 10 tests(because I'm afraid if I do more I pass),is it legal.wouldnt they stop me from retakin it?because I dont wanna take the risk,although i like to go and try the test once again,because last time i took it was 2 yrs ago.So let me know if I'm legally allowed to do so and the consequences of such a act wont bring me down,pls let me know?

:love:Thnx guys for the support,but do u think i can take the test and only answer 10 tests(because I'm afraid if I do more I pass),is it legal.wouldnt they stop me from retakin it?because I dont wanna take the risk,although i like to go and try the test once again,because last time i took it was 2 yrs ago.So let me know if I'm legally allowed to do so and the consequences of such a act wont bring me down,pls let me know?

I dont know how little i should do to fail,I have taken this test 2 times before once 82,second time 83 so i know if i answer iwont fail.the only way is to not answer,what should i do help?

1.which of the following differentiatesmand premplars from max premolars?Mand premolars
a.have pulp horns of equal size
b.have lingual cusps less developed
c.have roots much lesss round and bifurcated
d.have crowns tilted to facial
e.have trapezoidal shaped facial surfaces

2.In a molar root canals usually join pulp chamber
a.within cervical third of crown
b.apical to cerival level of crown

3.which of following anatomic structures of a max 1 molar moves through the distofacial groove
a.distofacial cusp
b.oblique ridge

1.which of the following differentiatesmand premplars from max premolars?Mand premolars

3.which of following anatomic structures of a max 1 molar moves through the distofacial groove
a.distofacial cusp
b.oblique ridge
1.b 2.b 3.a

Members don't see this ad :)

a.distofacial cusp
b.oblique ridge
why dont u answer me,I answered your question already.tell me what u think on my status

a.distofacial cusp
b.oblique ridge[/QUOTE]

During working side movement of mandible , oblique ridge passes through distofacial sulcus and the distofacial cusp through the distobuccal groove.
Please correct if its wrong and help me in this concept :)

Last edited:
can u give me a little info about :
1)incisal guidance and how it affects posterior occ lusion during workin and non workin and the incisal interference points please!

also about
mutual protected occlusion
canine guidance occlusion
unilateral and bilateral occlusion
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase help.I'm week in occlusion,do u know any site that I can use for occlusion,help?

a.distofacial cusp
b.oblique ridge

During working side movement of mandible , oblique ridge passes through distofacial sulcus and the distofacial cusp through the distobuccal groove.
Please correct if its wrong and help me in this concept :)[/QUOTE]

These questions are from N-series.I am still not getting this :confused: They are asking moves through.But in class 1 distofacial cusp is already lying in distofacial groove.Confused confused!!!

also about
mutual protected occlusion
canine guidance occlusion
unilateral and bilateral occlusion
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase help.I'm week in occlusion,do u know any site that I can use for occlusion,help?

All these topics are given in OKESON!!!!

So guys i am done with my exam today..!!!
Fingers crossed for the result now...!!! :xf:
All the very very best to those all who are preparing...!!! :)

So guys i am done with my exam today..!!!
Fingers crossed for the result now...!!! :xf:
All the very very best to those all who are preparing...!!! :)

So how was it..? how did it go??
any helpful feedbacks...?
good luck with your result!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

So how was it..? how did it go??
any helpful feedbacks...?
good luck with your result!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I think it went well :) but i did few mistakes which i should have not.
I will suggest--
Never change your answers at last moment, follow your first instinct.
Just stick to basics, do ASDA papers , decks, very well.
Lots of questions were from occlusion-mediotrusive, laterotrusive and all, so do it carefully and don't rush.
Some questions were really tricky and some were very straight forward.
Just be clear with the basics and it will be fine. All the best for your preparation.

Really scared about my result.. Lets see what God has in store for me :)
:xf:

I will suggest--
Lots of questions were from occlusion-mediotrusive, laterotrusive and all, so do it carefully and don't rush.
Just be clear with the basics and it will be fine. All the best for your preparation.

:xf:[/QUOTE

I am giving in 2 weeks ....just want to ask about Patho.Can u please tell me from where should i revise Patho.Seriously i am freaking out!!!

All the best for ur result. :thumbup:

I am giving in 2 weeks ....just want to ask about Patho.Can u please tell me from where should i revise Patho.Seriously i am freaking out!!!

All the best for ur result.
:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

I would suggest just revise and revise..I did kaplan review, first aid, asda and decks for that. And all these sources proved were quite heplful to me in exam. Rest don't freak , everything will be fine. Just keep studying and keep revising. :)
Good luck for your exam :thumbup:

Can anybody tell me that Gas gangrene is ....
1.saprophytic
2.proteolytic

hey terminal canu pls explain SAPROPHYTIC ??????
lookin to hear from u soon..
wadent
shukriat!

hey terminal canu pls explain SAPROPHYTIC ??????
lookin to hear from u soon..
wadent
shukriat!

gas gangrene causing organisms are mostly clostridium perfringes.its anaerobic and the exotoxin (alpha toxin) released causes tissue damage and this organism survives in dead tissue(saprophytic) causing gas gangrene...
hope this helps

In a 10 year old child central incisor is drifted due to .....................?
BCG is active or passive?
If anyone knows the answer please let me know.

go in for a re-take if u r confident...with a positive attitude any thing is possible...i had score 81 in my first attempt(gave it last yr)...even i was in a doubt whether i should re-take or no...i jus sat down and focussed and studied with a positive attitude...and volla...i jumped from 81 to 87...be positive and don stress out...

HEY appu09 i took the exam in july 2009, got 83 and iam confused wat to do, i got rejected from all uni which i applied. after my exam i dint touch the book cuz i hav to luk aft family, so plz gimme suggestion shud i go for retake study for 3 to 4 months full time and give the exam or i shud retain it. iam worried plz help me dude.

hey terminal, clostridium also acts on living tissue causing necrosis ,and gangrene ,so how can it b only saprophytes

HEY appu09 i took the exam in july 2009, got 83 and iam confused wat to do, i got rejected from all uni which i applied. after my exam i dint touch the book cuz i hav to luk aft family, so plz gimme suggestion shud i go for retake study for 3 to 4 months full time and give the exam or i shud retain it. iam worried plz help me dude.

hey cooldent...if you are eligible to appear again...then i would say that you should sit down study hard and give it again...and do the asda papers well..i got a lot of questions from there...be confident dude...and you will be able to do it...i may have not touched 90...but i know that i messed up in the exam n landed up on 87...atleast its better than 81...go ahead and prepare dude...

hey cooldent...if you are eligible to appear again...then i would say that you should sit down study hard and give it again...and do the asda papers well..i got a lot of questions from there...be confident dude...and you will be able to do it...i may have not touched 90...but i know that i messed up in the exam n landed up on 87...atleast its better than 81...go ahead and prepare dude...

hey thankx appu, i will study for 3 months and give it my best shot. hope for the best. thanks for guiding me.
and all the best for you too

Same thing happened with me.In my exam there was not a single question from topic which i have not done but i was confused in everything.I think either i was not clear with my concepts or didnt revised those topics nicely.....so this time i will give more stress on revising rather than doing new topics and studying different books.....and i totally agree with u on this that we should clear all our basics first ....So all the best to all retakers and this time we have to ace the exam.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hi jaskiran i am agree with you but i wanna to clear the basics as this was my problem in the first try but i don't know from which source i can get them in a short time

I will suggest--

:xf:[/QUOTE

All the best for ur result. :thumbup:
hey ,i want to know please from where you get the basics i have short time lift so please help me:confused:

hey ,i want to know please from where you get the basics i have short time lift so please help me:confused:

There are so many great info if you search on the SDN. Lots of people have asked the same questions... try to search and you will find them... good luck :)

There are so many great info if you search on the SDN. Lots of people have asked the same questions... try to search and you will find them... good luck :)

hey blissonearth..
cant find the thread to taking exams in may/june...
we used to chat on that..wasnt active on the forum for 4-5 days n its like i cant find it nw..seems like iv lost the link...help...

hey all,
even i am retaking the exams,i had given exams very long time ago
planning 2 give exams on june, looking 4 study partner for part 1 around nj or ny,preff females
i am going thr decks now,along with kaplan
doing microbiology,any 1 interested rely me soon
tnx

hey blissonearth..
cant find the thread to taking exams in may/june...
we used to chat on that..wasnt active on the forum for 4-5 days n its like i cant find it nw..seems like iv lost the link...help...

After I got your post, I looked around, yes, you are right! It is vanished.. no trace, nothing, .....

I just started a new thread on NBDE forum, please don't go to the intl forum, it's only for int. not NBDE discussion. We can continue it there.... looking forward to see you there... :)

Anybody who is retaking his or her exam can post queires in this thread.I am retaking my exam in February.So guys lets discuss our queiries here.This is our final attempt so come lets motivate each other to do great in Part1.:thumbup:
hi
i want take exam part 1 after 5 month but i was start by kaplan lecture note i felt dfical and too match
do you know any other good sours book and enough for exam like main sours ihave first aid but is not enough and tell me your opinion about kaplan

If you fail it, then you can re-take. but remember you are only allowed 3 times before having to wait a whole year to retest.
if you pass it, then you keep your latest score which could be as easy as you scoring a 75/76 or 88/89. i would seriously re-consider re-taking it unless this score of 83 really hinders you from future considerations.
hi
what your opinion about kaplan lecture note istarted by it but ifelt too mutch so ineed other main sours exapt the first aid