Retakers only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaskiran

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody who is retaking his or her exam can post queires in this thread.I am retaking my exam in February.So guys lets discuss our queiries here.This is our final attempt so come lets motivate each other to do great in Part1.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

aldosteron acts on d "late"dct and collecting duct....it does not act on d entire dct..hence d choice collecting duct....

plz help me for my confusion.i am studying from decks,asda papers,kaplan review notes.i have never studied nbde first aid.is that okey or nbde first aid is must.plz guide me.

I do not know what else to do? I know this forum is for motivation, but please let me vent, after study 2 months straight 5 hours a day my scored was 89, I feel ashamed not just for my poor results but also I'm a disgrace to my family and friends all of them score 92 or plus on the first atempt . I will take this test again in January hopefully to get 94 or more

Hello,

So finally when u r planning to give ur exam?
N with what strategy this time? Bcoz u already got 89 n trying to get 94 somewhere, so ur plan will b very helpful for all of us......
So just post ur strategy plan this time here...................

Members don't see this ad :)
I have this q fron nbde dental aid q.a book.
when I go through the nbde aids basic there
no relation is given b/w DCT and aldosterone .relation of aldosterone and adh is given with collecting duct.I m really confused .Have u seen this question any where else what will b the probable answer

Finally I found written explaination in article. It is mentioned clearly that aldosterone and ADH both act on both sites like on DCT and collecting tubes but aldosterone will mainly acts on DCT by active absorption of Na there and ADH acts on Collecting tubes by reabsorption of water there.
Can u explain more if I am wrong...?

Finally I found written explaination in article. It is mentioned clearly that aldosterone and ADH both act on both sites like on DCT and collecting tubes but aldosterone will mainly acts on DCT by active absorption of Na there and ADH acts on Collecting tubes by reabsorption of water there.
Can u explain more if I am wrong...?
hi
I have read same that aldosterone and adh act on both dct n collectinf duct but never read any where that aldosterone mainly act on dct or ct
thats why I m confused.I vl find it n whenever i get the answer I vl definately share.Ur concepts are good can u tell ur studying strategy
what all books u read and how u memorize.After decks I m reading aids its little confusing.have u read aids.When u r going to take exam.

I don't understand can u explain more in detail

aldosterone acts on d latter part of dct where it is goin to join d collectin duct n d entire collecting duct.....n not d entire length of dct....hence d appropriate ans wud b collecting duct...

aldosterone acts on d latter part of dct where it is goin to join d collectin duct n d entire collecting duct.....n not d entire length of dct....hence d appropriate ans wud b collecting duct...
Thank you appu now I understand.

Thanks now I understand

How r u all....how is studying going on. Hope u all r studying hard.I am studying Dental anatomy occlusion and giving me tough time. Anybody there who can help me with occlusion? All suggestions r welcome. Thanks in advance.

Anybody who is retaking his or her exam can post queires in this thread.I am retaking my exam in February.So guys lets discuss our queiries here.This is our final attempt so come lets motivate each other to do great in Part1.:thumbup:

i took my exam on 15th dec.can you plz tell me if i can retake my exam?wats the new rule?thanks

hey coucou ,,wish y the best in ur results,,but may god forbid u wana repeat it,,did u apllied to retake it in 2009!!!!bec. the new rule now u cant retake it again in 2010..gud luck

hey coucou ,,wish y the best in ur results,,but may god forbid u wana repeat it,,did u apllied to retake it in 2009!!!!bec. the new rule now u cant retake it again in 2010..gud luck
can any one help me from where have u read ethics plz tell me.if any body have plz can u forward the material to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Q. The most common primary malignant neoplasm of the lung is
Adenocarcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma ?

Hey appu09, r u sure its adenocarcinoma coz i believe adenocarcinoma of lung is common in non smokers, but sq cell carcinoma is the most common lung cancer.
plz correct me if i m wrong.

Q. The most common primary malignant neoplasm of the lung is
Adenocarcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma ?

i think the ans shud be squamos cell carcinoma,becos its the most common bronchiogenic carcinoma and accounts for 35%of lung cancers.
adenocarcinoma-25%.
given in decks clearly........
adenocarcinomas r more common in brest,prostrate,colorectal cancers.

Accounting for 25% of lung cancers,[19] squamous cell lung carcinoma usually starts near a central bronchus. A hollow cavity and associated necrosis are commonly found at the center of the tumor. Well-differentiated squamous cell lung cancers often grow more slowly than other cancer types.[3]
Adenocarcinoma accounts for 40% of lung cancers.[19] It usually originates in peripheral lung tissue. Most cases of adenocarcinoma are associated with smoking; however, among people who have never smoked ("never-smokers"), adenocarcinoma is the most common form of lung cancer.[20] A subtype of adenocarcinoma, the bronchioloalveolar carcinoma, is more common in female never-smokers, and may have different responses to treatment

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_cancer

Please explain this
Renal compensation of chronic metabolic alkalosis which of the following-
1.increased tubular synthesis of NH3
2.Partial reabsorption of filtered HCO3
3.elevated production of new HCO3
4.None of the above

answer is given partial reabsorption of Filtered HCO3 but there is already chronic metabolic alkalosis then why the hell it is reabsorbing more HCO3????

Because instead of reabsorbing MOST of the HCO3 the kidneys reabsorb PARTIAL amount of HCO3 even in metabolic alkalosis. They cannot all of a sudden STOP reabsorption so they only reabsorb partial HCO3 to maintain homeostasis. Hope I made some sense.

Because instead of reabsorbing MOST of the HCO3 the kidneys reabsorb PARTIAL amount of HCO3 even in metabolic alkalosis. They cannot all of a sudden STOP reabsorption so they only reabsorb partial HCO3 to maintain homeostasis. Hope I made some sense.

Thanks for ur answer it make some sense and hats off to u that after 6 months u remember all concepts.Hey if u can please send me some link related to that.:)

Decrease in osmolarity of plasma after drinking large amount of water result in
1.increase in ADH
2.decrease in ADH level in blood
3.no change in the osmolarity of urine
4.increase in reabsorption of NaCl by tubules
5.marked increase in GFR due to decrease in colloid osmotic pressure

I know answer is decrease in ADH level in blood....is this due to feedback mechanism???:confused:

Which drugs lead to candidiasis or change in oral microbiota?

1)Antiviral
2)Antibiotics
3)Antifungal

look dear, this thread is for motivation not demotivation and yeah recently(just few days ago) my friend got into UOP with score of 88..so what are you talking about even without applying.. and there z no harm in retaking, just go ahead and retake, what the point of confuion or disgrace in this to you..go ahead and retake.. but please dont discourage others.. all the best to you.:thumbup:

This thread is for retakers not for motivation or demotivation issues, I'm not discouraging others, the only thing I'm doing is express how I feel that's all.

dude..if u r so stuck up...den be...but don discourage othrs...89 is an excellent score...n i dunno who u hav spoken to or frm wer u get such a mentality...but ppl wit 83 have got thru dds programs...3 frnds of mine have got thru...u wanna retake...go take it but don discourage othrs with half knowledge abt the admission procedre...

Unfortunately for people like your thinking who's idea is just to pass validate the license and make money, don't care about the americans and all the other people around different countries who live here a mediocre score shows also the mediocre way you're going to practice.

Were I come from my people is more spiritual there's a passage from one of my countrymans.:cool:

The main purpose of life is to live rightly, think rightly, act rightly. The soul must languish when we give all our thought to the body.
Mohandas Gandhi

Unfortunately for people like your thinking who's idea is just to pass validate the license and make money, don't care about the americans and all the other people around different countries who live here a mediocre score shows also the mediocre way you're going to practice.

Were I come from my people is more spiritual there's a passage from one of my countrymans.:cool:

The main purpose of life is to live rightly, think rightly, act rightly. The soul must languish when we give all our thought to the body.
Mohandas Gandhi

wel u can say watevr u want...i don need to prove to u how efficient i am...my only point to u was not to discourage othrs here...n wat othrs r tryin to tel u is dat u hv done well...but u jus don wanna undrstnd...neways dude...wish u al d luck in watevr u choose to do...

Mohandas Gandhi

Stupidest post ever. Board scores mean nothing when it comes to how good of a dentist your going to be. Many people are very smart and can do great on board exams but may not have the hand skills or ethics to be a great dentist. Get off your soap box and stop thinking that your out to save the world

Stupidest post ever. Board scores mean nothing when it comes to how good of a dentist your going to be. Many people are very smart and can do great on board exams but may not have the hand skills or ethics to be a great dentist. Get off your soap box and stop thinking that your out to save the world

I agree with u omaralt.Seriously be practical in ur life.When patient comes to u he is not going to ask u about the marks u got in part 1 or part 2.So try to get into school and become good dentist.

heyy can u pls tell me which book u guys use for pathology?

please answer these questions with explanation--
1.which of the following describes a major effect of sickle cell anemia?
a)absence of biphosphoglycerate binding of hemoglobin
b) substitution of 2 proximal histidines
c)decreased solubility of the doxy form of hemoglobin
d) a p50 value of hemoglobin similar to that of myoglobin
e) decreased number of subunits in hemoblobin

21) A patient who has minimal resistance to a gonococcal infection most probably has
a)leukocytosis
b)agammaglobulinemia
c)an eosinophil deficiency
d)deficiency in cell-mediated immunity
e)deficiency in complement factors c6,c7 and c8

3.In hypokalemia what happens to resting membrane potential:
Increases RMP
Decreases RMP
Increases hyperpolarization
Decreases hyperpolarization
Hyperactive neuromuscular junction

anyone retaking and just starting, want to discuss on phone..please message me.my plan is to take a subject and at the end of completion/end of a week,we could ask each other questions to test basics and memory.Im a girl and got 86.I would prefer someone with the same frequency.Thank you.

c)decreased solubility of the doxy form of hemoglobin

21) A patient who has minimal resistance to a gonococcal infection most probably has
a)leukocytosis
b)agammaglobulinemia
e)deficiency in complement factors c6,c7 and c8 (lack of membrane attach complex)

Increases RMP
Decreases RMP
Increases hyperpolarization (coz potassium causes hyperpolaried state, so absence or decrease in potassium will cause increase hyperpolarization)

correct me if i m wrong.

Last edited:
c)decreased solubility of the doxy form of hemoglobin-answer

a)leukocytosis
b)agammaglobulinemia-answer
e)deficiency in complement factors c6,c7 and c8

Increases RMP
Decreases RMP
Increases hyperpolarization -answer
Hyperactive neuromuscular junction

plss correct if wrong...

Thanka Pbkal.Please answer this---
how does calcification proceed in long bones??
1- radially from centre to outside
2- from outside to centre

guys i have difficulty in recognizing whihc side of the dental arch they are refering during mandibular movemnts.it might be useful for you guys as well ,if you feel free to discuss. please kindly refer Dec1986 paper question number 4
Thanks

Please answer this ---Which of the following represents the principal allosteric regulator of pyruvate metabolism in the liver?
ATP
NAD
Citrate
Cyclic AMP
Acetyl CoA

Anybody there who can explain me what is Tomes Process and tomes granular layer.I am really confused. PLEASE HELP!!!