results for specializing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echecchio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI I applied to an army specialty and was wondering if anyone knew when the results come out for them. I know they meet this week but wasn't sure how long after that it took. Also someone told me they call and another said you have to wait for the results to come out on paper. I know there are a couple people that have done the 2 year aegd so hopefully you will know this. thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering about this as well. Hopefully someone knows about the notification process.......

HI I applied to an army specialty and was wondering if anyone knew when the results come out for them. I know they meet this week but wasn't sure how long after that it took. Also someone told me they call and another said you have to wait for the results to come out on paper. I know there are a couple people that have done the 2 year aegd so hopefully you will know this. thank you.

Once the board meets, HRC (Human Resources Command) must sign off on the list. Because of this results won't be posted/circulated until around the New Year. Once the selectees are announced - in late January those selected will be told what program (location) they will be going to.

So there will be 2 different notifications you will recieve - 1) Specialty 2) Location. Not sure how individuals will be contacted. If they are already in the Army - they will be notified by their Command. If they are a dental student I am not sure - I would hope a phone call. I remember when I applied - I contacted the graduate office directly and they told me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once the board meets, HRC (Human Resources Command) must sign off on the list. Because of this results won't be posted/circulated until around the New Year. Once the selectees are announced - in late January those selected will be told what program (location) they will be going to.

So there will be 2 different notifications you will recieve - 1) Specialty 2) Location. Not sure how individuals will be contacted. If they are already in the Army - they will be notified by their Command. If they are a dental student I am not sure - I would hope a phone call. I remember when I applied - I contacted the graduate office directly and they told me.

MAJ Mower,
did you contact the graduate office around new years or did you contact them around this time?

they should contact you. the results should be out in the next couple weeks - at least that is the timeframe they have been released in the past. you could also contact the graduate dental education office directly, but if you call them too soon, they won't tell you the results even if they have them....but it doesn't hurt to ask.

they should contact you. the results should be out in the next couple weeks - at least that is the timeframe they have been released in the past. you could also contact the graduate dental education office directly, but if you call them too soon, they won't tell you the results even if they have them....but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Even though they know the results they have to wait until everyone has signed off that needs to. If you haven't heard after the New Year I would call graduate education.

Specialty training results for Army were released this morning. Everyone who was accepted, and not accepted should have been notified. The list will be posted on the Army Graduate Education Website on Monday.

The website will be: https://www.dencom.army.mil/ lower right hand corner under dental agencies. The link will more than likely say Long Term Health Education Training (LTHET) FY09 Selection Board Results or something similar.

Regarding the specialty results:

is there anywhere that lists the stats of accepted people.. ie gpa/class rank/ board score

I was sent an e-mail last year on Dec. 26th for my acceptance to the Prosth residency. Ft.Gordon is the only location for Prosth...so I knew where I was going.