Resigning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rafael Cavalcan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for opinions abt resigning a class. I've taken Calc 1 and calc 2, and I got A in both of them. This semester I'm taking calc 3, and because I'm taking way more credits then I should have, I'm kinda of falling behind and I'll probably end up w/ a B- in that class. I know that if I resign the class and retake next semester I'll get an A for sure. Do u guys think is a good idea?

Thanks you for ur opinions

Ralph

Members don't see this ad.

wow, resigning? is that what it's called over there on east coast? it's "withdrawing" here out west.

anyway, back to the question, i think you should do your best this semester. making a B is not that bad on transcript.

gl

Isn't it too late to drop?

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you're sure you can swing a B- and not get a C+ I wouldn't worry about it.

You'll end up with a crappy load next semester then and you'll drop another class [maybe] and then that next semester will be a heavier load and so on. Just swing a B and it'll be alright. BTW what kind of hellsih major do you have that you're taking Calc III anyway? Chemistry, engineering, what?

If you can get a B, then stay in the course. If it is going to less than a B, drop it.:) Unless of course you have a 4.0 gpa then I would drop it to keep your gpa perfect, otherwise I see nothing wrong with a B.

if your only concern is how it will look on your transcript:

if i were going to just get a b, i would keep it even if i had a 4.0 up to that point. i think schools are more interested in seeing whether or not you can leg out the tough times than they are in seeing a 4.0 as compared to a 3.97...

on the other hand, if you have other legitimate reasons for withdrawing (or "resigning," whatever you call it), like true peace of mind (like let's say you have 24 hrs and this will take you down to a measly 21, or some extreme situation), i say withdraw and who cares about what it looks like.

i withdrew from spanish 102 my freshman year because i was taking it with french and kept getting the two of them confused. even though it was an easy class, i decided i'd really rather learn one language well than look like a cool polyglot. so far the w on my transcript hasn't made a difference!