Question about Resigning from a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x1240tony

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This past year has been a difficult one. My brother was diagnosed and passed away from cancer all in a couple of months. Because of that I was going to do an academic withdrawal, but I decided to just go part-time and take two general education classes to not put me behind. So in the Fall 2014 I had three R's on my transcript, which are basically my Universities versions of W's. The classes were Organic I, General Physiology, and Running (lol.)

With advice from a bad source and my own doing, I was convinced that changing my major from Biology to Chemical Engineering would be the best way to impress adcom's. That was a stupid choice. So I signed up to retake calculus, only this time as engineering calculus. It's not that the class is difficult, I have an A- or B+ after the first exam and HW, but its just that the class is a lot of work (~ 50 problems a week) for something that I already have credit for, and slowly I am losing my patience in the class. I won't be changing to engineering after this semester, but I was wondering how bad four R's would look to adcoms.

To be honest, I feel like I should have taken the semester off. Here are some of my "stats" so far. All premed prereqs completed except organic, 3.5 GPA, with a strong upward trend.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I figured, but just needed some assurance.